Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Masters

Re: The Masters

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Hideki played great, particularly after the delay yesterday, but he was gettable today. Shocked none of those guys at -7 went low. And Zalatoris missed so many putts this weekend and missed the playoff by one, super impressed with that guy's game. But very happy for Hideki. Lot has been expected of this man and I'm happy he delivered for his fans.
    I was talking with a guy at work about the Masters. It was the most uninterested I have been in it for a while. Hideki is a heck of a golfer and played will, but no one made a legit charge. Normally you get golfers throwing darts during the back nine. No one really made a move to put much pressure on him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I was talking with a guy at work about the Masters. It was the most uninterested I have been in it for a while. Hideki is a heck of a golfer and played will, but no one made a legit charge. Normally you get golfers throwing darts during the back nine. No one really made a move to put much pressure on him.
    I wanted him to win, but it was a bummer when Xander splashed it on 16. Ruined any potential drama down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I wanted him to win, but it was a bummer when Xander splashed it on 16. Ruined any potential drama down the stretch.
    Speith, Xander, Rose, and Finau were all guys capable of going low to put some pressure on Matsuyama, but played pretty pedestrian. All of those guys had the potential to go out and shoot a 66 and put some serious pressure on him, but the lowest round by any of those guys was -2.

Xander was able to apply a little token pressure until he dumped the ball in the water on 16 and that was all she wrote. I give credit to Matsuyama for winning, he scrambled around the last few holes with a comfortable lead. It would have been interesting to see what happened on 15 had someone been in the clubhouse at -10.

FWIW Matsuyama may have played better considering he played the last few holes with the mindset of "don't make a big number."

"So Fla Red"

CBS needs to udpate the coverage and bump Nance, Faldo and Lundquist for some new generation talent

They are so cliche, boring and dated

Cool for Mutsuyama, I enjoyed him winning. But watched a lot less than usual throuigh the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    CBS needs to udpate the coverage and bump Nance, Faldo and Lundquist for some new generation talent

They are so cliche, boring and dated

Cool for Mutsuyama, I enjoyed him winning. But watched a lot less than usual throuigh the weekend
    That's what the folks at Augusta National want. Conservative, conservative, conservative. Even to the point of being boring. Not a lot you can do to spice up a golf telecast outside of hiring Gus Johnson. They are going to let the golfers make the drama. There was no Tiger this year either. If he's in the hunt, it's a lot more interesting to people. Using him as an example, let's say he comes back next year and is in contention. You don't think those ratings are going to spike? Nantz has his faults but he can sure tell a story and what a story that would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?