Turn Off Ads?
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849 LastLast

Thread: 4-9-21 Reds vs D-backs 9:40pm

Re: 4-9-21 Reds vs D-backs 9:40pm

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    He faced 4 batters really, got 3 outs and walked one. The intentional walk was due to the passed ball. I wouldn’t blame him for the runner who started at 2nd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The effort against Rojas was simply miserable. Should have ended the game right then and there.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin90 View Post
    Nice to see that we still have a couple of black holes camping out in the 3/4 spots in the lineup. Suarez is batting .111 (.202 last season) and Votto is batting .200 (.221 last season), but they still get the start while a guy like Senzel rides the pine at .356. Put Senzel in Center, Winker at 1st, and bat Suarez in the 8 spot. No reason to have both of these guys at two of the most important spots in the lineup night after night.

ETA: if Suarez is off the juice or whatever and all he can manage going forward is .200ish with no power, then the least we could do is bring up Garcia who can actually field the position and has potential. Bring on the future.

Sounds to me like you’re on the juice.

WTF kind of accusations are you coming up with? Based on what source?

Quote Originally Posted by Alf_Red_E View Post
    At least I slept through the worst of it... I woke and there were two out and bases loaded
    you are so woke.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    The effort against Rojas was simply miserable. Should have ended the game right then and there.
    These are all major league hitters up there. You can’t expect perfection on every pitch.

Arizona would suggest that allowing Barnhart to get a hard hit single vs. a lefty on a pitch up and over the plate was inexcusable.

But I agree that Rojas was the one you wanted to get out there.

6. Likes:

ochoa30 (04-10-2021),Ron Madden (04-10-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Go Stanford Cardinal Baseball
    Go Stanford Cardinal Baseball

- - - Updated - - -

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

The grumbling that is caused by Saurez’s offensive and defensive capabilities has started again.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    These are all major league hitters up there. You can’t expect perfection on every pitch.

Arizona would suggest that allowing Barnhart to get a hard hit single vs. a lefty on a pitch up and over the plate was inexcusable.

But I agree that Rojas was the one you wanted to get out there.

1. The evidence (.194 lifetime) does not support the argument that Josh Rojas is a "major league hitter".
    2. If your hypothesis was correct, Arizona would be right.
    3. Gameday showed the pitch to Barnhart to be near the outside corner at the knees. If Gameday was accurate, going the other way with the pitch was a very nice piece of hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Sounds to me like you’re on the juice.

WTF kind of accusations are you coming up with? Based on what source?
    Calm down dude. There’s no source. It’s speculation, not an accusation, ergo the “or whatever” part. He looks like he dropped about 30-40 pounds. At the same time, he went from hitting 85 hrs with a .280 avg over a 2 season span to batting below the Mendoza line over his last season + with little power. All of this during his age 28 & 29 seasons when he should be completely in his prime. Considering baseball’s recent history, I think it’s fair to question things like this. But yeah, I didn’t realize his mom was a poster here, so my bad.

Calm down dude. There’s no source. It’s speculation, not an accusation, ergo the “or whatever” part. He looks like he dropped about 30-40 pounds. At the same time, he went from hitting 85 hrs with a .280 avg over a 2 season span to batting below the Mendoza line over his last season + with little power. All of this during his age 28 & 29 seasons when he should be completely in his prime. Considering baseball’s recent history, I think it’s fair to question things like this. But yeah, I didn’t realize his mom was a poster here, so my bad.
    Joe Burrow's a bust.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

My guess is it probably had a lot more to do with his shoulder injury.

13. Likes:

Ron Madden (04-10-2021),Tony Cloninger (04-10-2021)

Congrats to my main man Cionel for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    My guess is it probably had a lot more to do with his shoulder injury.
    To be fair, I had forgotten about his shoulder. Hopefully that’s all it is and he can regain some strength?...it looks like it’s been over a year now though. After getting burned by many of my favorite players in the 90’s, I’ll probably always be suspicious when I see massive weight loss coupled with a sudden loss of ability.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Reds bullpen tonight 6IP 6H 5ER 5BB 5K. 7,5 ERA. Not exactly good.
    The elephant in the room is pitching. But it’s very early, let’s see how it goes for awhile.
    Last edited by Kc61; 04-10-2021 at 09:31 AM.

Don’t dude me Bro. It’s called eating too much carbs and settling down at 3B comfortably. A guy can’t lose a few pounds so now it’s gotta be he’s juicing? Understood. Great research and analysis work. One of Trumps doctors hard at work.

In regards to my relationship with old Eduardo Gordo. I am his father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate.

Just watched the game via DVR. Awesome finish!
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Turn Off Ads?