Thread: VPN Issue

Re: VPN Issue

I use Nord VPN and this same thing happened to me

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    My laptop didn’t work either....

It uses Avast’s VPN
    Have you tried a different IP Address, moving it around within the US as an experiment? The one I'm currently using is out of Chicago. There's times I've used Canada, but discovered that I coudn't open certain websites I daily frequented. It wouldn't allow it due to some "restriction".

Now I wasn't able to watch Friday or Saturday's games due to commitments, so maybe I will have issues (I don't know). Find out this afternoon for the Final with the Diamondbacks.
    Last edited by GAC; 04-11-2021 at 02:29 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Yeah. I don’t get it. You pay for the premium app, give you the games.
    That's because their logic is that if you live in the continental U.S. you should be able to physically attend the games (lol)
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

5. Likes:

JFLegal (04-11-2021),UKWhoDey (04-11-2021)

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Have you tried a different IP Address, moving it around within the US as an experiment? The one I'm currently using is out of Chicago. There's times I've used Canada, but discovered that I coudn't open certain websites I daily frequented. It wouldn't allow it due to some "restriction".

Now I wasn't able to watch Friday or Saturday's games due to commitments, so maybe I will have issues (I don't know). Find out this afternoon for the Final with the Diamondbacks.
    Yes
    I tried moving around the site locations but switching to Nord worked
    Thanks for the help though because it may be needed later

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

7. Likes:

GAC (04-11-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    Yes
    I tried moving around the site locations but switching to Nord worked
    Thanks for the help though because it may be needed later
    No problem my friend, but I'm no expert on this tech stuff. I've learned a lot myself off this thread. Most of whatever "knowledge" I posssess is thru trial and error, getting hit upside the head with something like this, and trying to figure it out. And sometimes I don't (lol).

Man, ive used multiple locations within US and Canada....had someone tell me South Korea worked all the time (but no Seoul for me )

Maybe changing VPN's is the key.

Will try Nord or Avast.

Way too much effort to be able to watch a baseball game in its home market.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    That's because their logic is that if you live in the continental U.S. you should be able to physically attend the games (lol)
    Yep. Which particularly pisses off fans like me who live an hour and a half away in Lexington. Sorry Commish, I can't seem to find the time to drive to Cincinnati night in and night out to attend in person.

It also makes it even stupider as far as road games go. Half the season their argument for attendance doesn't even hold water.

11. Likes:

GAC (04-12-2021)

Keep in mind, this is the same decision makers at MLB that hired Ken Griffey Jr "to appeal to the younger fans."

"I mean it's one banana Michael. What could it cost, $10?"
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by UKWhoDey View Post
    Yep. Which particularly pisses off fans like me who live an hour and a half away in Lexington. Sorry Commish, I can't seem to find the time to drive to Cincinnati night in and night out to attend in person.

It also makes it even stupider as far as road games go. Half the season their argument for attendance doesn't even hold water.
    Try me living in northern Freaking Indiana and I'm blacked out!

I miss Raisor

How is that not Cubs/Sox market?

How is that not Cubs/Sox market?
    It is and also Cincinnati and I think Detroit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I miss Raisor

It's not about attending the game so home or away doesn't matter. It's about TV money. The local TV contract is based on an assumption of exclusivity. The Reds big TV contract with Fox Sports Ohio (now Bally's) was for the amount it was based on a public with access through that contract (and only that way), which includes any area that may air the games on affiliated networks such as Fox sports Indiana or Kentucky, etc. If it wasn't exclusive, the money would have been a lot less. So, MLB complies with that contract by blacking out MLBTV in areas where access to that broadcast would violate that exclusivity. If they didn't the local TV revenue would drop like a rock and the price of MLBTV would skyrocket and people wouldn't buy that either.

That blackout isn't going to go away and MLB will do what they can to enforce it. They stand to lose billions if not. MLBTV is specifically priced the way it is based on giving people to access out of market games, not the home town team. That's what people are paying for when they buy MLBTV. I don't like it either, but the business behind it makes sense.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

17. Likes:

Chip R (04-12-2021),sjjones (04-12-2021),UKWhoDey (04-17-2021),wlf WV (04-13-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I don't like it either, but the business behind it makes sense.
    In the short term, sure.

But practices like these will kill them long term. Even the NFL figured this out.

Maybe they really do believe Baseball will be nothing but an afterthought soon, and this is just one last generational cash grab. It's either that, or they are incapable of predicting cause and effect more than one move ahead.

I've always been a huge MLB fan. My kids know nothing of the game and don't care. Because it's behind a firewall, basically. A firewall that repels youth and local fans.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

19. Likes:

Always Red (04-12-2021),BluegrassRedleg (04-13-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    In the short term, sure.

But practices like these will kill them long term. Even the NFL figured this out.

Maybe they really do believe Baseball will be nothing but an afterthought soon, and this is just one last generational cash grab. It's either that, or they are incapable of predicting cause and effect more than one move ahead.

I've always been a huge MLB fan. My kids know nothing of the game and don't care. Because it's behind a firewall, basically. A firewall that repels youth and local fans.
    I think the answer to this is for MLB to offer a two tiered pricing for MLBTV. The current pricing for the out of market games as they are now with no VPN work arounds and a higher priced package for out of market games with the additional money funneled to the network broadcasting those local games. I don't see baseball undercutting it's biggest revenue source by competing with it. Everyone in the game is making money - Owners and Players. It has to come from somewhere.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

21. Likes:

Bob Sheed (04-11-2021),Chip R (04-12-2021)

you think that's bad, I live 5 and a half hours from Cincy and 4 and a half hours from Atlanta and they are both considered in market for me.

23. Likes:

UKWhoDey (04-17-2021)

Turn Off Ads?