Anyone else able to use?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Re: VPN Issue......Corrected??

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlite Graham View Post
    Express VPN working fine for me today.

Anyone else able to use?
    You using it on an iPad or iPhone?

I couldn’t get it to work there the other day but got Nord to work on a PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Re: VPN Issue......Corrected??

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    You using it on an iPad or iPhone?

I couldn’t get it to work there the other day but got Nord to work on a PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Worked on all my devices on Wednesday.

Hoping same for tonight.

Re: VPN Issue

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    It's not about attending the game so home or away doesn't matter. It's about TV money. The local TV contract is based on an assumption of exclusivity. The Reds big TV contract with Fox Sports Ohio (now Bally's) was for the amount it was based on a public with access through that contract (and only that way), which includes any area that may air the games on affiliated networks such as Fox sports Indiana or Kentucky, etc. If it wasn't exclusive, the money would have been a lot less. So, MLB complies with that contract by blacking out MLBTV in areas where access to that broadcast would violate that exclusivity. If they didn't the local TV revenue would drop like a rock and the price of MLBTV would skyrocket and people wouldn't buy that either.

That blackout isn't going to go away and MLB will do what they can to enforce it. They stand to lose billions if not. MLBTV is specifically priced the way it is based on giving people to access out of market games, not the home town team. That's what people are paying for when they buy MLBTV. I don't like it either, but the business behind it makes sense.
    Oh, I know it all too well man. I made lengthy post in the YouTube TV thread outlining exactly this for folks who don't get it.

San Diego and Phoenix are my only blackouts. Did everyone's VPN issue get resolved? If so, what's the recommendation for a quick install?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverfrontRed View Post
    San Diego and Phoenix are my only blackouts. Did everyone's VPN issue get resolved? If so, what's the recommendation for a quick install?
    I went with surf shark and it works great for me. I am now "living on the air in Seattle". If for some reason I would want to watch Seattle I can easily "move"

8. Likes:

RiverfrontRed (06-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverfrontRed View Post
    I've been with the same "set-up" the whole time, and not had any issues. I don't use MLB's app for trying to watch games - because I couldn't. Even with a VPN I couldn't get it to work with the app.

I sign in on MLB's website on my laptop, VPN activated, patch into my TV via HDMI, and I'm watching the games.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

10. Likes:

goreds2 (06-18-2021),RiverfrontRed (06-18-2021)

Thanks!

I went with Express VPN and it worked great... at least until the bottom of the 9th. I'll cancel after the SD series since I don't think there are anymore blackouts for me.

Turn Off Ads?