Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Savannah Bananas

Re: The Savannah Bananas

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    It's not baseball. It's a gimmick. It's like having three downs in Canadian football. Now, I might enjoy watching a Canadian football game here and there, but it's a different sport.
    Many feel the same way about the DH, or putting a runner on second base to start extra innings. The rules for baseball have always been changing and evolving.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Likes:

Z-Fly (04-27-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    It's not baseball. It's a gimmick. It's like having three downs in Canadian football. Now, I might enjoy watching a Canadian football game here and there, but it's a different sport.
    It's not a gimmick. It's a rule change. Changing the amount of balls and strikes doesn't make it a different sport. In fact, it has already happened in the past. Again simply saying you don't like it, because it's different isn't interesting or informative.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

OK

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I'm going to try to convince my wife to go to Savannah this summer. Gotta see this.
    Savannah Bananas are fun. I grew up in savannah and got lucky enough to play some tournaments at Grayson stadium. No one hardly ever attended when they were minor league affiliated as the Sand Gnats. As the bananas though, it's rocking. An old stadium with a bit of charm and fun baseball. Definitely go! Worst case you get to spend a few days walking around the historic district. I love my home town.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    I like the stealing first idea. Pitchers should have to control their pitches.

I would also reduce the balls and strikes. 3 balls is a walk and 2 strikes is a strike out. Also when you have 2 strikes, you get one free foul. After that, it's a strike out. It would allow starting pitchers to go later into games, it would also speed things up. I realize traditionalists just fell out of their chair. If you really want to tighten things up, that's how you do it.
    Strik3outs would at least double as well.

It was an abomination the way they changed the game back in the 1890s just to appease the gayness of the 90s. These new breed of spectators fancy themselves a bunch of dandies and haberdashers. Why was 4 or 5 strikes and your out not enough for Spalding and that no food Ban Johnson? It was a more gentleman’s game as I would advised the tosser were the I preferred the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Strik3outs would at least double as well.
    Yeah, maybe. I believe after a correction period there would actually be less strikeouts. I think the game would turn more into contact driven. Often times the batter isn't prepared to swing until 2-3 pitches into an at bat. That's a lot of wasted time. If you tighten things up, I would think the batter would come in prepared to swing pitch one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    It was an abomination the way they changed the game back in the 1890s just to appease the gayness of the 90s. These new breed of spectators fancy themselves a bunch of dandies and haberdashers. Why was 4 or 5 strikes and your out not enough for Spalding and that no food Ban Johnson? It was a more gentleman’s game as I would advised the tosser were the I preferred the ball.
    2/10 at best.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    Savannah Bananas are fun. I grew up in savannah and got lucky enough to play some tournaments at Grayson stadium. No one hardly ever attended when they were minor league affiliated as the Sand Gnats. As the bananas though, it's rocking. An old stadium with a bit of charm and fun baseball. Definitely go! Worst case you get to spend a few days walking around the historic district. I love my home town.
    Years ago my wife and I attended a Savannah Cardinals game at Grayson. I loved that park. Years later my son and his family lived in Savannah while he was at SCAD. We attended a Sand Gnats game then. Savannah is a cool place to visit. Haven’t been to a Bananas’ game but hope to someday soon. Lots of nice restaurants there.

Turn Off Ads?