Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Redszone NFL Mock Draft Official Thread

Re: 2021 Redszone NFL Mock Draft Official Thread

With the 28th pick, the New Orleans Saints select Greg Newsome II, CB, Northwestern.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greg-Newsome-II.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	214.2 KB 
ID:	17174
    Last edited by RiverRat13; 04-21-2021 at 09:42 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Steelers- Travis Etienne, RB Clemson

In reality, I'd be looking to trade down after Rijo took my guy. But Pittsburgh has zero acceptable RB, so we'll go with plan C.
    I’ve seen Etienne or Najee Harris mocked to the Steelers recently but I’m really thinking it’ll be someone on defense.

Caleb Farley seems like a Steelers pick as does Ojulari if he falls.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

With the 29th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select:

Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia

Stokes' eye opening pro day propels him to the back end of the 1st.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I’ve seen Etienne or Najee Harris mocked to the Steelers recently but I’m really thinking it’ll be someone on defense.

Caleb Farley seems like a Steelers pick as does Ojulari if he falls.
    Their track record picking Corners in the first round kind of stinks. I'm still trying to get the stench of Artie Burns out of my brain. That being said, I would still grab Farley if he slides as predicted. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if they grab Creed Humphrey- OC- Oklahoma. Pouncey retired, so Humphrey would be an instant starter. And there's something to be said about grabbing the best player at a position. But it looks like a pretty deep draft for offensive linemen, so we'll see.

And all THAT being said, I don't dislike Etienne. I'm not thrilled about his YPC dropping (from @8.0 previously) to 5.4 YPC, but he's got the hands and the jets to be a three-down weapon.
    Last edited by SteelSD; 04-21-2021 at 11:46 PM.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

6. Likes:

redhawkfish (04-22-2021)

The Buffalo Bills walk, run, and sprint to the podium with the 30th pick of the 2021 draft:

Miami EDGE Gregory Rousseau

Perfect landing spot for a raw but talented prospect as the Bills pass rush was putrid last season and Rousseau has great burst to the QB.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Seeing what happened in the Super Bowl when the starting OL was depleted, the Chiefs address that situation by selecting Alabama OG/OT, Alex Leatherwood.

Leatherwood is a prospect that’s had experience at both guard and offensive tackle. Containing a towering and filled-out frame in many areas, he has adequate strength as a run blocker as he’s able to attach and drive defenders out of desired areas. His aggressiveness is a key ingredient to success in the run game, as he can completely overpower targets that he’s able to square up and land his body cleanly on. As a pass protector, Leatherwood has a clean pass set that’s able to gain ground up the field in order to stymie rushers that simply attack him vertically.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

9. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (04-22-2021)

Wow....we did not expect the first 31 picks to play out the way they have! Some people claim the 2021 Bucs have no holes, but they clearly have links in the chain that are weaker than others. So after making many desperate late phone calls to ensure there was no breaking news we missed out on that caused him to still be on the board....the Tampa Bay Buccaneers close out the 1st Round by selecting the 2020 Jim Thorpe Award winner, Trevon Moehrig (Safety - TCU).

Raise the Flags! Fire the Cannons!

After several years of inconsistent play from the Free Safety position from multiple players, Moehrig should be able to join the Bucs defensive backfield opposite of Antoine Winfield Jr. to solidify the back of the defense for the near future. Moehrig is a big athletic prototypical free safety with ball skills and the ability to impact the run defense. Also, the Bucs did return all of their starters from last year, but did lose several key special teams players in free agency...and Moehrig was one of the best special teams defensive players in the country while @ TCU.

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Wow....we did not expect the first 31 picks to play out the way they have! Some people claim the 2021 Bucs have no holes, but they clearly have links in the chain that are weaker than others. So after making many desperate late phone calls to ensure there was no breaking news we missed out on that caused him to still be on the board....the Tampa Bay Buccaneers close out the 1st Round by selecting the 2020 Jim Thorpe Award winner, Trevon Moehrig (Safety - TCU).

Raise the Flags! Fire the Cannons!

After several years of inconsistent play from the Free Safety position from multiple players, Moehrig should be able to join the Bucs defensive backfield opposite of Antoine Winfield Jr. to solidify the back of the defense for the near future. Moehrig is a big athletic prototypical free safety with ball skills and the ability to impact the run defense. Also, the Bucs did return all of their starters from last year, but did lose several key special teams players in free agency...and Moehrig was one of the best special teams defensive players in the country while @ TCU.

This is a great pick. I don’t think he will last until here IRL. I think the browns will pick him at 26 at the absolute latest.

This was really fun!

Thanks everyone for participating!
    What would you say.....ya do here?

12. Likes:

redhawkfish (04-22-2021)

2 rounds?
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    2 rounds?
    Yes, please
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    This is a great pick. I don’t think he will last until here IRL. I think the browns will pick him at 26 at the absolute latest.

This was really fun!

Thanks everyone for participating!
    Yeah, anything outside of an arrest for a violent crime or a medical red flag that has been kept a secret, he will be long gone. He will be a great mid to late 1st round pick because while he may not be a generational talent @ Safety, he checks all of the boxes to hold down the position for a decade for whoever selects him. I have seen some analysis knocking his athleticism, but I do not see it on film. He may not be an outlier uber athlete, but he is clearly a solid NFL level athlete in my opinion.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Round 2
    33) Jacksonville Jaguars Kadarius Toney WR - Florida
    34) New York Jets Asante Samuel Jr., CB, Florida State
    35) Atlanta Falcons Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
    36) Miami Dolphins (from Houston Texans) Javonte Williams (RB-UNC)
    37) Philadelphia Eagles
    38) Cincinnati Bengals
    39) Carolina Panthers
    40) Denver Broncos
    41) Detroit Lions
    42) New York Giants
    43) San Francisco 49ers
    44) Dallas Cowboys
    45) Jacksonville Jaguars (from Minnesota Vikings)
    46) New England Patriots
    47) Los Angeles Chargers
    48) Las Vegas Raiders
    49) Arizona Cardinals
    50) Miami Dolphins
    51) Washington Football Team
    52) Chicago Bears
    53) Tennessee Titans
    54) Indianapolis Colts
    55) Pittsburgh Steelers
    56) Seattle Seahawks
    57) Los Angeles Rams
    58) Baltimore Ravens
    59) Cleveland Browns
    60) New Orleans Saints
    61) Buffalo Bills
    62) Green Bay Packers
    63) Kansas City Chiefs
    64) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

JaxRed on the clock
    Last edited by Gallen5862; 04-23-2021 at 07:34 AM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Yes, please
    Make your pick!

We've got time. Draft day isn't until next Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Make your pick!

We've got time. Draft day isn't until next Thursday.
    as long as everyone remains moderately engaged, we should be able to go 3...
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Urban Meyer has said he wants speed and more speed. With that in mind with the 33rd pick the Jags select Kadarius Toney WR - Florida

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toney.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	17176
    Last edited by JaxRed; 04-22-2021 at 01:49 PM.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

20. Likes:

Puffy (04-23-2021),Rojo Rijo (04-22-2021)

Turn Off Ads?