Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233
Results 481 to 491 of 491

Thread: 4-17-21 Reds vs Indians 4:10pm

  1. #481
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,945

    Re: 4-17-21 Reds vs Indians 4:10pm

    Did Votto ever throw to 3rd base or was he called automatically out because he was in the dugout?


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #482
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    15,152

    Re: 4-17-21 Reds vs Indians 4:10pm

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Did Votto ever throw to 3rd base or was he called automatically out because he was in the dugout?
    He threw to third. Runner wasn’t called out until after the throw.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  4. Likes:

    Ron Madden (04-17-2021)

  5. #483
    Member Ron Madden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    13,182

    Re: 4-17-21 Reds vs Indians 4:10pm

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Did Votto ever throw to 3rd base or was he called automatically out because he was in the dugout?
    Yes, he threw to third to complete the triple play.

  6. #484
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    5,279

    Re: 4-17-21 Reds vs Indians 4:10pm

    Where are all the naysayers who pronounced doom and gloom on this game earlier on?
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

    “We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

  7. #485
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    9,735

    Re: 4-17-21 Reds vs Indians 4:10pm

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    He threw to third. Runner wasn’t called out until after the throw.
    I was reading analysis of the play somewhere else, this is where the whole appeal play rule factors in. It’s been years since I’ve heard it mentioned, but I’m guessing that’s part of the reason Votto was signaling toward the home plate ump? From what I was reading if the Reds hadn’t appealed to the ump, the run would’ve still counted basically.

  8. Likes:

    goreds2 (04-18-2021),RedTeamGo! (04-18-2021)

  9. #486
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    16,333

    Re: 4-17-21 Reds vs Indians 4:10pm

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    Where are all the naysayers who pronounced doom and gloom on this game earlier on?
    Hiding. They are hiding.

    But if the Reds are shut down by a Top-3 pitcher in baseball tomorrow the naysayers will poke their heads back up out of the ground.

  10. Likes:

    HammerTime (04-18-2021),Stray (04-18-2021)

  11. #487
    They call me "chef"
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,687

    Re: 4-17-21 Reds vs Indians 4:10pm

    This might get me banned but I don’t care anymore.

    If you doubted the Reds today, or any day, delete your account. This is RedsZone not RedsDoubt.

  12. Likes:

    RedsfaninMT (04-18-2021),WildcatFan (04-18-2021),Wonderful Monds (04-18-2021)

  13. #488
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,275

    Re: 4-17-21 Reds vs Indians 4:10pm

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Did Votto ever throw to 3rd base or was he called automatically out because he was in the dugout?
    He threw over and got the out call I'm pretty sure.

  14. #489
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    152

    Re: 4-17-21 Reds vs Indians 4:10pm

    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

  15. Likes:

    goreds2 (04-18-2021),Hamilton95 (04-18-2021)

  16. #490
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,977

    Re: 4-17-21 Reds vs Indians 4:10pm

    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Which one were you?

    Serious question.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    you misspelled "stupid" as "serious."

    it hasn't thawed in canada yet?

    Last edited by JFLegal; 04-18-2021 at 09:59 AM.

  17. #491
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Queen City
    Posts
    37

    Re: 4-17-21 Reds vs Indians 4:10pm

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I was reading analysis of the play somewhere else, this is where the whole appeal play rule factors in. It’s been years since I’ve heard it mentioned, but I’m guessing that’s part of the reason Votto was signaling toward the home plate ump? From what I was reading if the Reds hadn’t appealed to the ump, the run would’ve still counted basically.
    I believe that if "time" has not yet been called, i.e., the play is still live and ongoing, no appeal is necessary. Joey makes the throw to third and the ump should make the call. IF time has already been called, Joey would have had to ask for the appeal after "time" had resumed.

  18. Likes:

    Ron Madden (04-18-2021),Wonderful Monds (04-18-2021)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator