Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 4-17-21 Reds vs Indians 4:10pm

Re: 4-17-21 Reds vs Indians 4:10pm

Quote Originally Posted by podgejeff_ View Post
    Joey Votto is obviously a fan.
    In all honesty, Farmer seems like a fun guy to have on your team. Everyone loves him.

As a player, I don't see what this org. loves about him. He is rice in a burrito. Bulk/filling, not going to make it markedly worse, certainly isn't going to make it taste better, it's just there, doing its thing. His 74 OPS+ is in decline. Not sure how far it needs to drop before they reconsider. As long as the rest of this team hits it's not a big deal, but finding a couple of backup infielders that can hit would be ideal for a playoff run. Blandino and Farmer ain't it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    In all honesty, Farmer seems like a fun guy to have on your team. Everyone loves him.

As a player, I don't see what this org. loves about him. He is rice in a burrito. Bulk/filling, not going to make it markedly worse, certainly isn't going to make it taste better, it's just there, doing its thing. His 74 OPS+ is in decline. Not sure how far it needs to drop before they reconsider. As long as the rest of this team hits it's not a big deal, but finding a couple of backup infielders that can hit would be ideal for a playoff run. Blandino and Farmer ain't it.
    Rice in a burrito. Perfect example....

The way I see it.. Whether Farmer, Blandino, or Schrock starts.. It really doesn't matter.
    Neither is going to hit well. Farmer is likely to have a job a few more years due to his positional flexiblity and ability to play catcher,
    so I have no problem giving Farmer at bats when a starter must sit.
    Yea, he's not great, but Blandino and Schrock aren't great either.. Good chance that Blandino and/or Schrock aren't on the roster next year.
    (Maybe they hang around as AAA depth). Farmer? Like it or not, he probably has a roster spot as long as Bell is manager. He's kind of the Juan Castro of this generation.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Farmer seems rock solid defensively at every position he plays and is beloved by his teammates. Call me crazy but I think that has value.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post

With most teams going with 5 and some only 4 bench guys these days. Every single team has a Kyle Farmer type on the roster. He is here for his ability to fill in all over the diamond. At least he is hitting 8th today.

Grey skies at GABP for Sonny Gray.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Also, I love rice in a burrito. When it gets all mixed up with hot salsa, cheese, and sour cream. Yum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Grey skies at GABP for Sonny Gray.
    Look at this nerd. Whadda are ya, some kind of poet? Do you think you’re betta than us?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

9. Likes:

Red Raindog (04-17-2021),Tom Servo (04-17-2021)

Haunted by walks

Is anybody going to mention Sonny’s décolletage?

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    I think you just did
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post

13. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (04-17-2021)

He's dealing so far.

Ump had to think about that last one, but he got it right
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

15. Likes:

Hamilton95 (04-17-2021),KeefeCato (04-17-2021),NebraskaRed (04-17-2021),Reds Fanatic (04-17-2021)

Sonny back.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I think you just did
    If he keeps pitching like that he can dress like a starlet at the Oscars.

Looks sharp as ever.

Triston looks just a tad lanky I'd say.

Turn Off Ads?