Turn Off Ads?

Thread: MLBtv on AppleTV

They call me "chef"

MLBtv on AppleTV

I’ve had nothing but issues this year. Anyone else?

I have to click the Restore button every time I open the app to log myself back in.

The game feeds stay black and unresponsive 70% of the time I click a feed. I have to retry and retry until the feed plays normally.

I’ll occasionally get audio from two different feeds playing concurrently and there’s no way to exit the audio, only the video.

Anyone have tips on how to improve performance on AppleTV?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: MLBtv on AppleTV

Get yourself a TCL 4KLED roku tv. You can get a 50 inch fit like $329 or something. I watch mlb.tv on it and it’s better than cable.

I know you want a solution with Appletv but the solution is to get a better platform/tv
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post

I have to click the Restore button every time I open the app to log myself back in.

The game feeds stay black and unresponsive 70% of the time I click a feed. I have to retry and retry until the feed plays normally.

I’ll occasionally get audio from two different feeds playing concurrently and there’s no way to exit the audio, only the video.

I haven’t experienced any issues with the MLB app on my two Apple TV’s this season...but my suggestion would be to go into the settings of the Apple TV and make sure the software is up to date. I would then try uninstalling the MLB app and then reinstall it.
    Are other apps running smoothly? Possibly a router issue?

My Samsung Smart TV is a 2015 and MLB.TV is no longer supporting the operating system. Frustrating! I just bought the Roku Streaming Stick Plus which most review sites have stated is the best. Hope to be able to watch soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix2 View Post
    My Samsung Smart TV is a 2015 and MLB.TV is no longer supporting the operating system. Frustrating! I just bought the Roku Streaming Stick Plus which most review sites have stated is the best. Hope to be able to watch soon.
    Yep, I had a 2015 Samsung smart TV in my living room. More and more streaming platforms went away so I just scrapped it and got a 2nd TCL roku tv. After using roku I will never use anything else.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post

What version of AppleTV? Older TVOS may have difficulties with the newer refreshed apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

I have three AppleTV's and havent had any of the issues you are mentioning.

Not to make light of these issues, but I remember when my problem with following the Reds was when I couldn’t get WLW in clearly on cloudy nights.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

10. Likes:

mth123 (04-19-2021),NC Reds (04-19-2021),TNRED (04-19-2021)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Apple TV can be a pain in the ass. I’d try deleting the app, unplugging the power from the actual device, and then reinstalling it once you turn it back on. That seems to fix a lot of issues I have for whatever reason.

If that doesn’t work I’ve also had to workaround using my phone to mirror it from the equivalent iPhone app, you might try the MLB TV iOS app and mirror it that way if reinstalling doesn’t work.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

If all that doesn’t work for you, I’ve had a much better time with Chromecast lately than Apple TV, they stopped supporting half the apps on the first version old Apple TV which I was still using in my bedroom. I replaced it with an old chromecast I bought for like 20 bucks like 6-7 years ago and it works as good as anything else and the MLB TV app supports it.

If none of the Apple TV workarounds suit you I’d search eBay for one of the older version chromecasts, I bet you could get one for like 10 bucks used at this point.

Turn Off Ads?