Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 2021-2022: Back on Track?

Re: UK Basketball 2021-2022: Back on Track?

It's been one wild offseason here in Lexington, that is for sure.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by UKWhoDey View Post
    It's been one wild offseason here in Lexington, that is for sure.
    Long term I think it’s for the best. Short term this may sting for awhile but Justus and Cal had some major trust issues from what I’ve read.

Chin Coleman and Orlando Antigua are looking like the new coaches. Coach O gives Cal his ace recruiter back and I think Coleman has the potential to be Cals replacement if UK decides to go that route when Cal retires.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

CJ Fredrick commits. Big time sharpshooter.

Now just need a PG or 2.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post

Now just need a PG or 2.
    Nice get for you guys on the offensive side. Keep in mind that the Hawkeyes didn't play defense. FWIW and it is JMO but this is the kind of kid Cal should be recruiting every year. A local kid that can play.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Nice get for you guys on the offensive side. Keep in mind that the Hawkeyes didn't play defense. FWIW and it is JMO but this is the kind of kid Cal should be recruiting every year. A local kid that can play.
    Looking back on it I wish Cal would have pursued Justin Powell harder.

Covid has changed recruiting in terms of FA but I think a lot of kids are going to eschew going to a blue blood and stay closer to home. Nolan Hickmans dad did an interview with KSR and in addition to both assistants who recruited him leaving he was also homesick from playing at a prep school in another state.

There’s been some talented local kids in the portal but Cal has always recruited nationally and he burned a lot of bridges in Memphis because of it. With covid still a factor it might be worth considering in the short term.

7. Likes:

Assembly Hall (05-06-2021),cumberlandreds (05-07-2021),Revering4Blue (05-07-2021)

Now just need a PG or 2.

Looks like they got a PG.

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/bask...-for-kentucky/
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Should be a top 10 team for the Cats with a legit shot at a final 4. Will be growing pains with all the new parts. But I don't see anything ever again like last season.
    Side note I look for Coach K to retire at the end of the upcoming season. I am sure if he does he will announce it by at least selection Sunday time.
    NCAA will then do everything in there power to see he cuts down the nets. Ala Wooden in 75.

10. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-13-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    Should be a top 10 team for the Cats with a legit shot at a final 4. Will be growing pains with all the new parts. But I don't see anything ever again like last season.
    Side note I look for Coach K to retire at the end of the upcoming season. I am sure if he does he will announce it by at least selection Sunday time.
    NCAA will then do everything in there power to see he cuts down the nets. Ala Wooden in 75.
    Getting TyTy Washington will go a long way and Sahvir Wheeler is expected to pick Kentucky later today. Wheeler is the SEC assist leader while Washington will be more in the mold of Brandon Knight/Immanuel Quickley.

I do think K retires soon but I see him (and Boeheim) having the same ending as Roy Williams. Dukes been hit by the transfer portal and really hasn’t added much to move the needle. They should make the tournament but will probably be knocked out by the second weekend. My opinion could change come the Champions Classic though.

And Wheeler picks Kentucky. Barring Mintz and Brooks decisions the roster looks a lot clearer heading into next season.

PG: Sahvir Wheeler/Davion Mintz
    SG: TyTy Washington/CJ Fredrick
    SF: Kellan Grady/Dontaie Allen/Bryce Hopkins
    PF: Keion Brooks Jr./Jacob Toppin
    C: Oscar Tshiebwe/Daimion Collins/Lance Ware

13. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-18-2021)

And Wheeler picks Kentucky. Barring Mintz and Brooks decisions the roster looks a lot clearer heading into next season.

PG: Sahvir Wheeler/Davion Mintz
    SG: TyTy Washington/CJ Fredrick
    SF: Kellan Grady/Dontaie Allen/Bryce Hopkins
    PF: Keion Brooks Jr./Jacob Toppin
    C: Oscar Tshiebwe/Daimion Collins/Lance Ware
    Just saw that Brooks is coming back. That helps....
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Just saw that Brooks is coming back. That helps....
    Jackson is gone too. No surprise there.

I saw that UK will play at Kansas in the Big 12/SEC matchup on Jan 29th. Also didn't realize Kansas is only 4 behind in the all time win total now. I guess they gained quite a bit last season since UK only won 9 games.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Mintz is coming back. This team is going to be stacked.

18. Likes:

cumberlandreds (07-01-2021)

Now that NIL laws are going to effect Kentucky players are getting nervous because it might result in them taking a pay cut
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Now that NIL laws are going to effect Kentucky players are getting nervous because it might result in them taking a pay cut
    Tell that to Kofi Cockburn

Turn Off Ads?