Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 2021-2022: Back on Track?

Re: UK Basketball 2021-2022: Back on Track?

Good point

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    That was the plan until it was announced he was indeed eligible for the draft. Kinda similar to Hamidou Diallo but he ended up staying at Kentucky for a year.

I said Cal pulling a scholarship if the parents overstepped. I don’t think that’s the case though.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Game is now on ESPN. About 10 minutes remaining. Looking good right now on the road.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

UK gets another road win in Columbia, South Carolina last night 86=76. It seemed everyone contributed last night. Brooks with another big game, Oscar T had a ho hum double double after sitting out most of the first half with foul trouble. With Auburn losing last night UK climbs to within one game of the SEC lead. Also saw that Lunardi has moved UK to a one seed in his NCAA projections. One thing that has cropped up is that UK has been outrebounded the last three games. Last night USC dominated the offensive boards and that kept them in the game. They have got wake up on the boards or that will surely get them beat in March. Finally get back home this Saturday against Florida. Game time is 4 pm and will be on ESPN.

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-w...outh-carolina/
    Last edited by cumberlandreds; 02-09-2022 at 09:18 AM.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

With Brooks taking a leap, this team is tough to beat. Five guys on the floor who can get you 25+ and dominate the game in other ways.

Toppin, Ware, and Mintz as a bench is solid as well.

That's seven guys who could well be starters nearly anywhere else in the country and a big who can get you a triple double (if you include fouls) in 36 minutes.

Yes the bench is proving to be really good. Lately someone different has been a big contributor. Last night Toppin was off to a great start before injuring his ankle. That doesn't appear to be too serious, BTW. In recent games Mintz and even Damon Collins had big performances. Ware has been pretty steady too giving a few good minutes backing up Oscar T. All of that bodes well for a deep run in March.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    UK gets another road win in Columbia, South Carolina last night 86=76. It seemed everyone contributed last night. Brooks with another big game, Oscar T had a ho hum double double after sitting out most of the first half with foul trouble. With Auburn losing last night UK climbs to within one game of the SEC lead. Also saw that Lunardi has moved UK to a one seed in his NCAA projections. One thing that has cropped up is that UK has been outrebounded the last three games. Last night USC dominated the offensive boards and that kept them in the game. They have got wake up on the boards or that will surely get them beat in March. Finally get back home this Saturday against Florida. Game time is 2 pm and will be on ESPN.

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-w...outh-carolina/
    Yes, it was a nice win. Looks like the game is on 4pm est. on ESPN. ( not 2pm )

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tucky-wildcats
    Last edited by goreds2; 02-09-2022 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Added link

8. Likes:

cumberlandreds (02-09-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Yes, it was a nice win. Looks like the game is on 4pm est. on ESPN. ( not 2pm )

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tucky-wildcats
    Yep that's right. I knew that. I have no idea why I put 2 pm. Thanks for catching that.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

10. Likes:

goreds2 (02-09-2022)

In terms of experience and depth, this is the best Kentucky team since the 95-96 team and Cals best team since the 2014-2015 Wisconsin team.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

In terms of experience and depth, this is the best Kentucky team since the 95-96 team and Cals best team since the 2014-2015 Wisconsin team.
    I was thinking last night that this team gets out and runs very similar to the 96 through 98 teams. That has a lot to do with experience.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Nice win by UK today. Still early but looking to get that number 1 seed in the Big Dance.

Big win over Florida 78-57. Oscar T with 27 points and 19 rebounds. Not bad. Good three point shooting and just good overall game by everyone. I thought Ware gave them a lot of good minutes. Washington injured his lower leg in 2nd half but from early reports it doesn't sound serious. On to Knox Vegas Tuesday night. This will be a far different game than the one in Lexington. I'm sure they will have an Orange out or something like that with everyone whipped into a frenzy. The game is Tuesday night at 9 pm on ESPN.
    Last edited by cumberlandreds; 02-12-2022 at 09:45 PM.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

15. Likes:

goreds2 (02-12-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Big win over Florida 78-57. Oscar T with 27 points and 19 rebounds. Not bad. Good three point shooting and just good overall game by everyone. I thought Ware gave them a lot of good minutes. Washington injured his lower leg in 2nd half but from early reports it doesn't sound serious. On to Knox Vegas Tuesday night. This will be a far different game than the one in Lexington. I'm sure they will have an Orange out or something like that with everyone whipped into a frenzy. The game is Tuesday night at 9 pm on ESPN.
    I’m almost betting on an upset Tuesday night depending on if TyTy is there or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I’m almost betting on an upset Tuesday night depending on if TyTy is there or not.
    I wouldn't doubt it. Knoxville has always been a house of horrors for UK no matter if it has been Stokely or Thompson-Boling. If Washington doesn't play then its more of a certainty.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I don't think it'd be an upset if Kentucky's playing without a full squad.

Both Washington and Toppin are quality players-- according to KenPom, UT should win that game anyway.

UK moves up to number 4 in this weeks AP rankings. Lets hope they can hold that with a tough week ahead.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

20. Likes:

goreds2 (02-14-2022)

Turn Off Ads?