Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 2021-2022: Back on Track?

Re: UK Basketball 2021-2022: Back on Track?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Tell that to Kofi Cockburn
    I don’t know what that means, but I was joking
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

UK Basketball 2021-2022: Back on Track?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I don’t know what that means, but I was joking
    I know you were.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...al-sources-say

I told someone I know today who’s a WVU fan that Kentucky could end up pushing Oscar to the bench if they get Jalen Duren. This was before Cockburn entered the portal.

Kentucky hired two assistants from Illinois (Coach O and Chin Coleman) and they are presumed the heavy favorite if Cockburn pulls out of the draft.
    Last edited by WVRed; 07-01-2021 at 07:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I know you were.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...al-sources-say

I told someone I know today who’s a WVU fan that Kentucky could end up pushing Oscar to the bench if they get Jalen Duren. This was before Cockburn entered the portal.

Kentucky hired two assistants from Illinois (Coach O and Chin Coleman) and they are presumed the heavy favorite if Cockburn pulls out of the draft.
    You guys should be careful of Cockburn, you could go blind. LOL

Jokes aside, Kofi is a beast. Be a huge get for UK.

I was perplexed why people would be interested in British Basketball when I initially looked at the title of this thread....silly me.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    I was perplexed why people would be interested in British Basketball when I initially looked at the title of this thread....silly me.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l2YWqU...fYTC/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    You guys should be careful of Cockburn, you could go blind. LOL

Jokes aside, Kofi is a beast. Be a huge get for UK.
    It is interesting.....Kofi is a big advantage on both sides of the court in some matchups, while being a disadvantage in others. His game is basically his size and strength. It really depends on the players around him and the style that they would be optimal playing. Personally, if Oscar regains his motor from his Freshman season, I would much rather have him than Kofi because he is a far more versatile beast. They were in the same recruiting class, and Oscar was the higher ranked recruit.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    It is interesting.....Kofi is a big advantage on both sides of the court in some matchups, while being a disadvantage in others. His game is basically his size and strength. It really depends on the players around him and the style that they would be optimal playing. Personally, if Oscar regains his motor from his Freshman season, I would much rather have him than Kofi because he is a far more versatile beast. They were in the same recruiting class, and Oscar was the higher ranked recruit.
    If UK is looking for a true "5" then Kofi is the guy. He is a prototypical center that runs the floor well.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    They could play together but you run the risk of doing the same thing WVU ran into with Oscar and Culver in the middle which bogged down the offense.

If Cockburn (or Duren) comes the possibilities are endless. It’s basically the 2014-2015 team in terms of versatility. They can go big with Oscar and Cockburn or go with one and use Keion Brooks or Daimion Collins to stretch the floor.

Marcus Carr is also listing Kentucky but at this point it’s a hat on the table.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Seeing chatter out there that Kofi is deciding between Florida St. and Illinois. Yea I said it right. Florida St. and Illinois.

Seeing chatter out there that Kofi is deciding between Florida St. and Illinois. Yea I said it right. Florida St. and Illinois.
    Came out today that Kentucky was never a serious option. Coleman and Antigua basically pushed him to consider going back to Illinois.

Came out today that Kentucky was never a serious option. Coleman and Antigua basically pushed him to consider going back to Illinois.
    WTF? Seriously?

WTF? Seriously?
    Kentucky won’t be the pick for Kofi Cockburn

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/bask...kofi-cockburn/

14. Likes:

Assembly Hall (07-14-2021)

If so, that's magnanimous of Kentucky's coaches.

Honestly, I can't imagine it being true.

You take a guy like Cockburn if he's available, effect on others be darned.

I suspect he wasn't serious about UK or the Cats already have a silent commitment from Duren.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    If so, that's magnanimous of Kentucky's coaches.

Honestly, I can't imagine it being true.

You take a guy like Cockburn if he's available, effect on others be darned.

I suspect he wasn't serious about UK or the Cats already have a silent commitment from Duren.
    I’m thinking the latter. Duren has more of a midrange game and is more versatile. Cockburn and Tshiebwe would have been battling for playing time under the rim.

I’m thinking the latter. Duren has more of a midrange game and is more versatile. Cockburn and Tshiebwe would have been battling for playing time under the rim.
    If true, I'll hate that Calipari plays two no-range bigs together.

I much prefer the frenetic, five-out, shoot from everywhere, hard-core man to man, 94 feet of Hell style of play. Give me old school Nolan Richardson, please. Or Dick Motta. Or Cal at Memphis. Or Cal early in his Kentucky tenure.

Turn Off Ads?