Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 81

Thread: Hoosier Football-2021

  1. #1
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,402

    Hoosier Football-2021



  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member adkindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,246

    Re: Hoosier Football-2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I hate these announcements....it is like BREAKING NEWS....we added this really big game to our schedule....and we will play it in 10 years from now. Not trying to be negative, but there is probably a 30%+ chance ND joins the ACC or other massive realignment causes this series to be adjusted or cancelled. I recall when WVU announced a home and home with FSU, they were still a national power....then it had to be changed to a single game kickoff classic at a neutral site when WVU joined the Big12 (I think that was the reason)...and it was scheduled for last season which of course did not happen.

    My thoughts have little to do with your announcement and more just my frustration with football games scheduled so far in advance because who knows where each program will be at the time. Recently I recall fans giving UCF crap for playing Pitt, Maryland and UNC as their P5 games in years those teams were not very good....but if you look at those teams when the games were actually scheduled, it was a very different scenario. Alabama is coming to Morgantown.....in 2026!
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

  4. #3
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,402

    Re: Hoosier Football-2021

    Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I hate these announcements....it is like BREAKING NEWS....we added this really big game to our schedule....and we will play it in 10 years from now. Not trying to be negative, but there is probably a 30%+ chance ND joins the ACC or other massive realignment causes this series to be adjusted or cancelled. I recall when WVU announced a home and home with FSU, they were still a national power....then it had to be changed to a single game kickoff classic at a neutral site when WVU joined the Big12 (I think that was the reason)...and it was scheduled for last season which of course did not happen.

    My thoughts have little to do with your announcement and more just my frustration with football games scheduled so far in advance because who knows where each program will be at the time. Recently I recall fans giving UCF crap for playing Pitt, Maryland and UNC as their P5 games in years those teams were not very good....but if you look at those teams when the games were actually scheduled, it was a very different scenario. Alabama is coming to Morgantown.....in 2026!
    I really don't understand what you are babbling about. You do realize that this is IU football, right? To me, this is an acknowledgement of just how far the Hoosier program has come. Besides IU and Notre Dame work pretty well together.

  5. Likes:

    GAC (08-21-2021)

  6. #4
    Member adkindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,246

    Re: Hoosier Football-2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I really don't understand what you are babbling about. You do realize that this is IU football, right? To me, this is an acknowledgement of just how far the Hoosier program has come. Besides IU and Notre Dame work pretty well together.
    No reason to be rude. Yes, I understand it is an IU football thread, and I was clear that my response was to the IU announcement, but directed at all similar college football announcements. If WVU scheduled ND in 2030, they would make a huge deal about the agreement. I personally am not a fan of these games being scheduled so far in advance for any team and do not think it is needed for a couple reasons. First, college football is extremely unstable right now with all of the television contracts for the P5 conferences in preliminary discussions and will conclude within a few years. If there are a few changes, and ND clearly could be one of those changes, many of their contracts will have to be adjusted, bought out or cancelled. This could be a little safer because of the in state element and IU not being a team that could see changes in their conference situation.

    The second reason is outside of a handful of teams....and maybe not even a handful, but we have no idea what position these programs will be in nearly 10 years out. For example, in 2026 Texas offers Tom Allen $15 Million a year and he leaves which results in IU struggling in football and being at the bottom of the Big10 in 2030. That same year, ND is 9-2 trying to get into the playoffs....that IU game (or fill in the blank with any team or flip the teams) will be used against them on their schedule strength.

    I get it from the schools perspective....they are using it to drive up excitement and sell season tickets. I would bet anything IU sold some season tickets today because of the excitement the announcement generated. I still do not think it is necessary to schedule so far in advance for the reasons I listed because while we can project that being a very competitive game next season and even likely a couple seasons in the future, we have no idea what it will be in 2030 if it remains on the schedule. If you felt I was "babbling", I was just trying to give other situations as examples to try to ensure you knew I was not being negative about IU or trying to insult your favorite team. In basketball, most games are scheduled in a 6 month period before the season, and this past season we saw how football could be scheduled fairly quickly when needed also. I think it would be beneficial if we limited future year scheduling to maybe 4 years at the most.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

  7. Likes:

    Assembly Hall (04-21-2021)

  8. #5
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,402

    Re: Hoosier Football-2021

    Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    No reason to be rude. Yes, I understand it is an IU football thread, and I was clear that my response was to the IU announcement, but directed at all similar college football announcements. If WVU scheduled ND in 2030, they would make a huge deal about the agreement. I personally am not a fan of these games being scheduled so far in advance for any team and do not think it is needed for a couple reasons. First, college football is extremely unstable right now with all of the television contracts for the P5 conferences in preliminary discussions and will conclude within a few years. If there are a few changes, and ND clearly could be one of those changes, many of their contracts will have to be adjusted, bought out or cancelled. This could be a little safer because of the in state element and IU not being a team that could see changes in their conference situation.

    The second reason is outside of a handful of teams....and maybe not even a handful, but we have no idea what position these programs will be in nearly 10 years out. For example, in 2026 Texas offers Tom Allen $15 Million a year and he leaves which results in IU struggling in football and being at the bottom of the Big10 in 2030. That same year, ND is 9-2 trying to get into the playoffs....that IU game (or fill in the blank with any team or flip the teams) will be used against them on their schedule strength.

    I get it from the schools perspective....they are using it to drive up excitement and sell season tickets. I would bet anything IU sold some season tickets today because of the excitement the announcement generated. I still do not think it is necessary to schedule so far in advance for the reasons I listed because while we can project that being a very competitive game next season and even likely a couple seasons in the future, we have no idea what it will be in 2030 if it remains on the schedule. If you felt I was "babbling", I was just trying to give other situations as examples to try to ensure you knew I was not being negative about IU or trying to insult your favorite team. In basketball, most games are scheduled in a 6 month period before the season, and this past season we saw how football could be scheduled fairly quickly when needed also. I think it would be beneficial if we limited future year scheduling to maybe 4 years at the most.
    Yeah, I get it. And living in Notre Dame country has always made me laugh about football scheduling.

  9. #6
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,402

    Re: Hoosier Football-2021


  10. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (04-25-2021)

  11. #7
    Member adkindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,246

    Re: Hoosier Football-2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    IU just hired his father recently....Ohio State had to know at that point they would likely lose him.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

  12. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (04-25-2021)

  13. #8
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,402

    Re: Hoosier Football-2021

    Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    IU just hired his father recently....Ohio State had to know at that point they would likely lose him.
    https://247sports.com/Article/Indian...ing-164650771/

  14. #9
    Member adkindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,246

    Re: Hoosier Football-2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Rivals has him ranked as the 34th best player in the country....4th best OLB.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

  15. #10
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    15,584

    Re: Hoosier Football-2021

    Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    IU just hired his father recently....Ohio State had to know at that point they would likely lose him.
    Both of his brothers too. Can’t blame him for leaving to play with his entire family, ha.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  16. #11
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,402

    Re: Hoosier Football-2021

    Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Rivals has him ranked as the 34th best player in the country....4th best OLB.
    We will gladly take that in Bloomington.

  17. #12
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,402

    Re: Hoosier Football-2021

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Both of his brothers too. Can’t blame him for leaving to play with his entire family, ha.
    Nope, you sure can't. Go Hoosiers.

  18. #13
    Member adkindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,246

    Re: Hoosier Football-2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    We will gladly take that in Bloomington.
    Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Oklahoma, Penn State, Texas, USC and many others would have taken also....
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

  19. #14
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,402

    Re: Hoosier Football-2021

    Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Oklahoma, Penn State, Texas, USC and many others would have taken also....
    And that makes it sweeter...

    I just came across this for ya as well...

    https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Za...ruitInterests/
    Last edited by Assembly Hall; 04-27-2021 at 06:52 AM.

  20. #15
    Member adkindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,246

    Re: Hoosier Football-2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    And that makes it sweeter...

    I just came across this for ya as well...

    https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Za...ruitInterests/
    Yeah, he is a local kid. WVU use to live off of Florida recruiting from the late 80's through 2010'ish....then Dana kind of abandoned it. Neal Brown has made a strong push into Florida and Georgia.....starting to show positive signs. When I was in high school in the mid 90's, Doc Holliday (WVU Assistant and later Marshall HC) had relationships with pretty much every high school in Florida and high school players knew of him, but recruiting is so much different these days. I have been seeing more and more players that WVU has offered (outside of the 5 Stars every school offers) that Indiana is chasing also. IU and Allen definitely have a lot of momentum after recent seasons...I would expect some more frequent high level recruits in the near future to make their way to IU.

    Not IU related, but WVU did one of those announcements I hate today to play Tennessee @ a Neutral site to kickoff the season....in 2028. I could not help but express my opinion on why I really am not a fan of these games scheduled so far in advance....or at least my hesitancy to get excited for them. WVU fans were not having it and could not imagine this not being a big time game....which is crazy since it was just 2018 when we played Tennessee at the same site in basically the same game....we were dark horse playoff contenders and they were a dumpster fire. As expected, nobody outside WV and Tennessee gave a crap about the game on that day....but the eternal optimism of college football fans just cannot imagine it being a meaningless game a decade later.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

  21. Likes:

    Assembly Hall (04-27-2021)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator