Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Football-2021

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Hoosier Football-2021

Quote Originally Posted by SidneySlicker View Post
    I do college football recruiting work around the State of Ohio, and let me tell you Tom Allen and IU have things rolling right now. They're putting themselves in position to be a yearly challenger for the Big Ten East.
    https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/four...ts-to-indiana/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SidneySlicker View Post
    I do college football recruiting work around the State of Ohio, and let me tell you Tom Allen and IU have things rolling right now. They're putting themselves in position to be a yearly challenger for the Big Ten East.
    And they have always said it couldn’t be done at IU…
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    And they have always said it couldn’t be done at IU…
    I'm here for the rise of Hoosier football, but let's pump the breaks. They have done nothing yet and still face a pretty daunting climb.

Ohio State is a juggernaut. We'll learn a lot about James Franklin's Penn State this year (though the QB situation is a mess). Michigan, despite the criticism, is a pretty solid program. Schiano will have Rutgers competitive in short order.

I'd imagine they'll finish between second and fifth (of seven) in the division for the foreseeable future. Allen's done incredible work, and the program seems to be on solid ground, but I actually think going from 7/8 wins a year to 10/11 wins a year is much harder than getting out of the cellar.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    I'm here for the rise of Hoosier football, but let's pump the breaks. They have done nothing yet and still face a pretty daunting climb.

Ohio State is a juggernaut. We'll learn a lot about James Franklin's Penn State this year (though the QB situation is a mess). Michigan, despite the criticism, is a pretty solid program. Schiano will have Rutgers competitive in short order.

I'd imagine they'll finish between second and fifth (of seven) in the division for the foreseeable future. Allen's done incredible work, and the program seems to be on solid ground, but I actually think going from 7/8 wins a year to 10/11 wins a year is much harder than getting out of the cellar.
    Who's talking about 10/11 wins a year? I think most fans are elated at the prospect of winning 7/8 times a year. Baby steps.

6. Likes:

BillDoran (07-14-2021),redsfanmia (07-30-2021)

9. Likes:

BillDoran (07-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Gi'Bran Payne had an offer from Alabama. Albeit, probably not immediately committable, but that's a serious get for Allen and company.

11. Likes:

Assembly Hall (07-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post

Who's talking about 10/11 wins a year? I think most fans are elated at the prospect of winning 7/8 times a year. Baby steps.
    I'm definitely hearing some talk from the fans who's expectations are through the roof and I could definitely see some fans being disappointed in "only" 7 wins. I agree with Mr. Doran, as hard as this past climb has been, the next step's likely even tougher. The one thing Tom Allen's been able to establish that they've been missing for at least the 25 years I've been following the team and likely longer is that even if IU plateaus a little bit here, it's a safe plateau from where they were before.
    Prior to Allen coming on board, it felt like every coach was coming into the program at the bottom and had to make every step a perfect one in order for IU to get to where it could consistently compete with the big boys in the division/conference. Any misstep, any failure in recruiting, any player who just didn't pan out, and IU could kiss its chances at 9-10 wins goodbye for another 2 years. At least.
    Now, it feels like even if IU fails to meet expectations, this season. All is not lost. For one thing, failing to meet expectations is now 6-7 wins, not 2-3. For another thing, while this senior class has the potential to be pretty special, there's a ton of depth up and down the roster. You can really see where the talent of the recruiting classes has improved year after year after year. Plus with the ability to recruit the transfer portal, it's much easier to plug holes where needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

13. Likes:

Assembly Hall (07-27-2021),BillDoran (07-27-2021),Playadlc (08-22-2021)

Current recruiting rankings for '22: https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Fo...eTeamRankings/

That's too bad.
    Much though I'd like to cast aspersions, instead I'll remember him coming up absolutely huge the one day we needed him to and helping win the bucket in 2019.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    That's too bad.
    Much though I'd like to cast aspersions, instead I'll remember him coming up absolutely huge the one day we needed him to and helping win the bucket in 2019.
    True and I surmise this guy is some of the reason he left:

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-f...e-depth-chart/

I'm not particularly a fan of either program, but I'm looking forward to the Cincinnati/Indiana game next month. It's always nice to see programs who have not had as much success in the past rise up in the rankings so it's not the same teams all the time. All the better to have two of them on the field at the same time.

Current recruiting rankings for '22: https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Fo...eTeamRankings/
    better add some commitments....slipping in the rankings. (fwiw, WVU is also in recent weeks)
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I'm not particularly a fan of either program, but I'm looking forward to the Cincinnati/Indiana game next month. It's always nice to see programs who have not had as much success in the past rise up in the rankings so it's not the same teams all the time. All the better to have two of them on the field at the same time.
    I remember when they played in '92. Basketball that is! But yeah, great year for them to match up on the gridiron.

Turn Off Ads?