Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Football-2021

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Hoosier Football-2021

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    better add some commitments....slipping in the rankings. (fwiw, WVU is also in recent weeks)
    TBH, I really don't know how big this class is supposed to be.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    TBH, I really don't know how big this class is supposed to be.
    yes....a reason why I do not think the 247 Total Composite is that relevant anymore. Penn State already has 24 commitments, and my understanding is that WVU will not go over 19-20 in this class. I think the average score per commitment is more relevant. For example, WVU is ahead of IU....but only because we have 17 commitments and IU has 14. IU has a higher average score per commitment which in my mind suggests they have the superior recruiting class.

Not sure if you saw the news yesterday, but it looks like the NCAA is finally going to update the rules to allow teams to go over 25 limit each year to replace players that exit in the portal. That will normalize classes again as teams will likely return to classes of 22-25 high school players.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

4. Likes:

Assembly Hall (08-21-2021)

Will be interesting to see how QB Penix does. He's a talent.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

6. Likes:

Assembly Hall (08-21-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Will be interesting to see how QB Penix does. He's a talent.
    I just hope he stays healthy. Thus far he has been injury prone.

8. Likes:

GAC (08-22-2021)

Is there any interest on IU's end to renew the football series with us?

Quote Originally Posted by UKWhoDey View Post
    Is there any interest on IU's end to renew the football series with us?
    The IU fans I know, including myself, want UK back on the football schedule.

11. Likes:

dubc47834 (09-07-2021)

The IU fans I know, including myself, want UK back on the football schedule.
    no, they are not part of The Alliance.....
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

no, they are not part of The Alliance.....
    lol...IU will be playing Louisville in a couple of years. Already scheduled.

lol...IU will be playing Louisville in a couple of years. Already scheduled.
    yeah, I know....I was just making fun of some of the earlier reports or more like message board claims that the group would not schedule SEC teams.....like FSU is not going to play UF, Ga. Tech and UGA, Clemson and South Carolina. Refusing to schedule between the Alliance and the SEC benefits no school. Maybe Alliance members take other Alliance members calls first, but they are not ignoring SEC calls.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

yeah, I know....I was just making fun of some of the earlier reports or more like message board claims that the group would not schedule SEC teams.....like FSU is not going to play UF, Ga. Tech and UGA, Clemson and South Carolina. Refusing to schedule between the Alliance and the SEC benefits no school. Maybe Alliance members take other Alliance members calls first, but they are not ignoring SEC calls.
    I do not know about any of that...nor do I care. LOL But IU/UK ain't a football thing...it is about basketball. We have a bond with them on the court...but for so many years it was a great rivalry on the gridiron as well.

17. Likes:

GAC (09-05-2021)

Dasan McCullough right now: “uhhhhhhhh dad, can I check to see if my OSU offer is still available?”
    What would you say.....ya do here?

19. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-05-2021)

We suck

21. Likes:

dubc47834 (09-07-2021)

We suck
    I expected the score to be much tighter....but I did not get to watch the game. It was on Big10 Network?

I looked at box score and while Penix numbers were really bad, it was hard to figure out how Iowa put up 34 with their very mediocre offensive production.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I expected the score to be much tighter....but I did not get to watch the game. It was on Big10 Network?

I looked at box score and while Penix numbers were really bad, it was hard to figure out how Iowa put up 34 with their very mediocre offensive production.
    Honestly, I was fishing all day Saturday(and yesterday for that matter) so I have not seen the game yet. But it was on the BTN. Once I "dissect" it I am sure the conclusion will be "we suck."

Turn Off Ads?