The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Hoosier Football-2021

Another ugly win. 3-0.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Another ugly win. 3-0.
    They keep coming back. They used to consistently lose games like the first three in the Cameron and Lynch years.

Now, a real road test against Cincy, who’s favored by 16.5 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

4. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-22-2022),dubc47834 (09-22-2022)

I took Indiana and the 15.5 points!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

6. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-22-2022),Revering4Blue (09-23-2022)

A little off topic, but I have a question for my Hoosier friends. The wife and I are planning a little 2 day trip to Brown Co. Indiana. We live in west-central Ohio, and it's about a 2 1/2 drive. For years I've heard a lot about this region, especially in the Fall when the leaves change, and a beautiful area to visit. I guess a lot of artists go there to paint. I guess Nashville is popular, and there's also a state park. Any info you can give me would be appreciated.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

8. Likes:

Assembly Hall (10-01-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    A little off topic, but I have a question for my Hoosier friends. The wife and I are planning a little 2 day trip to Brown Co. Indiana. We live in west-central Ohio, and it's about a 2 1/2 drive. For years I've heard a lot about this region, especially in the Fall when the leaves change, and a beautiful area to visit. I guess a lot of artists go there to paint. I guess Nashville is popular, and there's also a state park. Any info you can give me would be appreciated.
    I wish I could help but I can't. You are closer to the area than I am. Most of my time spent in the area was for work not leisure. Hopefully someone here can help you out. Hope you have a great time.

10. Likes:

GAC (10-02-2022)

We’ve been there once for a fall visit. We stayed downtown at the Artists Colony Inn & Restaurant which was nice. Plus it was smack dab in the middle of downtown Nashville. We spent a day just walking the town going to the bazillion arts and crafts oriented stores there. There was a lot of junk but also some nice pure art things. I think there was a nighttime parade which was cool. Outside of town there are some good vineyards (we are wine people). Just google vineyards brown county.

Rooms may be harder to come by now. They get booked up fast for the fall.
    Last edited by Roy Tucker; 10-01-2022 at 11:57 AM.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

12. Likes:

GAC (10-02-2022),Revering4Blue (10-02-2022)

We’ve also been to Madison IN (nice Ohio River town) and Columbus IN (a real hidden gem of an architecture city, some really amazing buildings).
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

14. Likes:

GAC (10-02-2022)

I took Indiana and the 15.5 points!
    You needed more than that

Hoosier fans, what can you tell me about kicker Charles Campbell?

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sport...r/69696007007/

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Hoosier fans, what can you tell me about kicker Charles Campbell?

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sport...r/69696007007/
    The Vols got a good one.

18. Likes:

Sea Ray (12-08-2022)

IU is getting a QB from Tennessee

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/tran...o-iu-football/

He played sparingly this year as Tennessee's 3rd string QB, and he was looking at being 3rd string again this year too, hence his transfer. The Vols have a 5* guy coming in this year from California who's getting a $2mill/yr NIL deal so Jackson kinda sees the writing on the wall. If they want to hold off that guy and redshirt him, perhaps Jackson may play as a #2 but still. In limited play he looked pretty good and is athletic. Best of luck to him in Bloomington.

20. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-15-2023),Revering4Blue (01-15-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    IU is getting a QB from Tennessee

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/tran...o-iu-football/

He played sparingly this year as Tennessee's 3rd string QB, and he was looking at being 3rd string again this year too, hence his transfer. The Vols have a 5* guy coming in this year from California who's getting a $2mill/yr NIL deal so Jackson kinda sees the writing on the wall. If they want to hold off that guy and redshirt him, perhaps Jackson may play as a #2 but still. In limited play he looked pretty good and is athletic. Best of luck to him in Bloomington.
    Hoosiers fans are excited to get him.

22. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-15-2023)

Turn Off Ads?