Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Krall

Nick Krall

He is just not the man to help this club win it's first playoff game in decades. Why he did not fill spots in the pitching when Bauer left and Iglesias was traded for nothing should speak volumes that he is over his head as GM. Brutal road trip coming up, and considering the sweep and beat down by Dbacks it looks like more beat downs are coming soon to a park the Reds will be visitors in.
    Last edited by zigbeenuthouse; 04-22-2021 at 04:57 PM.

2. Likes:

REDREAD (04-22-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jerry Krall

I heard he died

Well, he was a football player and he’s dead, so I think those are two pretty good excuses.
    That’s why we’re playing, bro

jerry krall is the worst. i heard he never even worked in baseball. including currently.

Re: Nick Krall

Ok, I meant Nick...now that the experts weighed in with the smart ass comments lets talk about NICK.

If you want to blame someone, focus your attention on Castellini. Tough to add talent when you're drastically cutting payroll.

9. Likes:

CarolinaRedleg (04-22-2021),Griffey012 (04-22-2021),HammerTime (04-22-2021),Hubba (09-19-2021),Kinsm (04-22-2021),ochoa30 (04-22-2021),RedsBrick (04-26-2021),Shoeless Jeff (04-23-2021),The Operator (04-23-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    If you want to blame someone, focus your attention on Castellini. Tough to add talent when you're drastically cutting payroll.
    They did cut some payroll in ridding Iglesias from it and not signing DeSclafani. Was there a mandate by the owner to not add some players? I'm unfamiliar with this. Maybe there is a link to show this? AND...not surprised if so with what COIVD has done to revenue. I'd also add blaming Castellini with the last GM and now this one. Dick Williams was bad too.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Blotto View Post
    I heard he died
    "Cross him off then."
    “You are not Atlas carrying the world on your shoulder. It is good to remember that the planet is carrying you.”
    ― Vandana Shiva

12. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-23-2021),50YrRedsFan (04-22-2021),CarolinaRedleg (04-23-2021),Joey Blotto (04-22-2021),Joeyjection19 (04-22-2021),Kinsm (04-22-2021),KronoRed (04-22-2021),membengal (04-22-2021),savafan (04-23-2021),The Operator (04-23-2021)

Honestly the way this offseason went you wouldnt have a hard time convincing me the GM wasnt alive.

14. Likes:

REDREAD (04-22-2021)

I agree that Krall was under tight financial constaints.. It appears he only had 3 million to spend.
    That went to Bedrosian and Dolittle. I think that's one reason why Noe was cut.. Noe made more than
    the minimum. If Gordon or someone else was kept, that money would have likely come out of the 3 million budget.

At the same time though, look at the A's last winter. They were under financial constraints too and needed a SS and figured out a way
    to swap bad contracts to get one. The really good GMs find a way. Think about it, Krall had the option to trade, and all he did was dump
    Ingelsis and pick up some guys that were at the end of other team's 40 man rosters. He did not trade really for a single piece that is going
    to actually help us. Dolittle was a good sign, Bedrosian was a disaster. Krall was pretty inactive, so I think he needs to take some blame for
    the sad state of affairs too. The Reds have had other GMs that were financially constrained, but they managed to improve the team.
    Trade Aquino for a bullpen arm. Try to trade an expensive vet for an expensive vet reliever or SS. At least try to do something.
    Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    This is a cop out. It’s Krall’s job to put a competitive team on the field with the resources he has at his disposal. People are acting like ownership told him the payroll had to be below $50 million. They have a middle of the pack payroll. Over $100 million. Instead of thinking outside the box Krall did absolutely nothing this offseason. He didn’t even do the one thing that was absolutely necessary, which was acquire a major league SS. Instead he just threw his hands in the air and said “welp, none of the three options we looked into signed for peanuts. Let’s start a DH at short!”

No. I reject this notion Krall is not at fault for this mess. He could have made some difficult choices, like trading Suarez for holes that needed filled like SS and relievers. Or SP depth. HE DID NOTHING.

Nobody said being a major league GM is easy, it’s why he is paid millions of dollars. The sooner the reds move on from Krall the better IMHO. He is completely and utterly out of his depth.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I agree that Krall was under tight financial constaints.. It appears he only had 3 million to spend.
    That went to Bedrosian and Dolittle. I think that's one reason why Noe was cut.. Noe made more than
    the minimum. If Gordon or someone else was kept, that money would have likely come out of the 3 million budget.

At the same time though, look at the A's last winter. They were under financial constraints too and needed a SS and figured out a way
    to swap bad contracts to get one. The really good GMs find a way. Think about it, Krall had the option to trade, and all he did was dump
    Ingelsis and pick up some guys that were at the end of other team's 40 man rosters. He did not trade really for a single piece that is going
    to actually help us. Dolittle was a good sign, Bedrosian was a disaster. Krall was pretty inactive, so I think he needs to take some blame for
    the sad state of affairs too. The Reds have had other GMs that were financially constrained, but they managed to improve the team.
    Trade Aquino for a bullpen arm. Try to trade an expensive vet for an expensive vet reliever or SS. At least try to do something.
    Glad you mentioned the A’s. Let’s also look at how they dumped Josh Donaldson a few years ago. Now Donaldson is old and mediocre. The A’s have arguably the best 3B in the AL in Chapman.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    This is a cop out. It’s Krall’s job to put a competitive team on the field with the resources he has at his disposal. People are acting like ownership told him the payroll had to be below $50 million. They have a middle of the pack payroll. Over $100 million. Instead of thinking outside the box Krall did absolutely nothing this offseason. He didn’t even do the one thing that was absolutely necessary, which was acquire a major league SS. Instead he just threw his hands in the air and said “welp, none of the three options we looked into signed for peanuts. Let’s start a DH at short!”

No. I reject this notion Krall is not at fault for this mess. He could have made some difficult choices, like trading Suarez for holes that needed filled like SS and relievers. Or SP depth. HE DID NOTHING.

Nobody said being a major league GM is easy, it’s why he is paid millions of dollars. The sooner the reds move on from Krall the better IMHO. He is completely and utterly out of his depth.
    Not to his credit really, but I actually kinda feel like the Geno at short thing is astonishingly working out especially if he starts hitting, and he’s shown signs of coming out of his slump the last couple days. But I won’t give him credit for falling bassackwards into that.

It’s malpractice that he didn’t at least sign a couple dependable, legit relievers though. Especially if they’re not going to let the starters pitch more than 5 innings.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Not to his credit really, but I actually kinda feel like the Geno at short thing is astonishingly working out especially if he starts hitting, and he’s shown signs of coming out of his slump the last couple days. But I won’t give him credit for falling bassackwards into that.

It’s malpractice that he didn’t at least sign a couple dependable, legit relievers though. Especially if they’re not going to let the starters pitch more than 5 innings.
    I love Suarez. I am literally wearing a shirt with his face on it while I am typing this.

He is an absolute liability at short and is costing the reds runs, is making starters throw more pitches early, and is making relievers get more outs than they need to. He is not a SS.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I love Suarez. I am literally wearing a shirt with his face on it while I am typing this.

He is an absolute liability at short and is costing the reds runs, is making starters throw more pitches early, and is making relievers get more outs than they need to. He is not a SS.
    His poor fielding was pivotal in today’s game. The numbers so far this year are brutal. It was easy to overlook them because the Reds were slugging over them and pitching well. That is no longer the case.

I know India hit a homer today, but I think the Reds need to start thinking of calling up Garcia and sending India down.
    That’s why we’re playing, bro

21. Likes:

REDREAD (04-23-2021)

Turn Off Ads?