Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Suarez broken?

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Is Suarez broken?

Struck out 4 times tonight including that extremely awful AB to end the game looking.

He did hit a HR and a long single a few days ago, but honestly that might hurt my confidence in him as much as anything because it tells me he’s still just swinging for the fences every pitch.

Right now it looks like he has a better chance of his average falling below .100 than cracking the Mendoza line.

I would quite seriously sit him for a week starting tomorrow, start Blandino and Farmer if you have to. Something has to be done as a wake up call to him, because I don’t know the last time I’ve seen a major league hitter look so bad.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Is Suarez broken?

Maybe. Sometimes players just fall of a cliff. He’s always been a bit of an all or nothing hitter.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

When he said his goal was to hit 50 homers, we must've missed the second part of that quote which was "or break the MLB strikeout record".

I'd say he's Dave Kingman but Kingman walked more.
    Go Gators!

6. Likes:

Red Raindog (04-24-2021),SomeCallMeTim (04-24-2021),TexasRedsFan (04-23-2021)

I'd sit him for a couple games.

This appears to me to be entirely in his head. He's guessing at pitches and trying to hit 400 ft. bombs to LF every single time he comes up to the plate.

He is basically Chris Davis at the plate right now. Can only hope it doesn’t stay this way.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

After tonight, he K rate is nearly 40%. That’s insane.

The 50 HR thing is definitely part of it, but there has to be more to it. If it was, he’d at least be hitting HR’s.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

He's under a lot of pressure. The whole SS thing.

Geno is a guy that needs to be in the chill zone to prosper. Some guys are the opposite.

Somebody needs to talk to him. He'll snap out of it eventually of course. But the Reds don't have that kind of time, for "eventually".

I'm sure they know this and are working on it.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

11. Likes:

REDREAD (04-24-2021),RiverfrontRed (04-24-2021)

They call me "chef"

Suarez was a casualty of the Krall coup against the clones Williams. They replaced him with, ironically, a clone Suarez but the previous regime extradited the scientists to an undisclosed island in an undisclosed lake somewhere in southeast Ohio and Krall is unable to repair this damaged clone Suarez or build a new one. There’s literally nothing that’s been in the press that contradicts this.

13. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-27-2021),Tom Servo (04-24-2021)

He actually warned us. We just misinterpreted it.

C. Trent Rosecrans
    @ctrent
    ·
    Feb 24
    Suárez: "I'm better than that, I'm not a .200 hitter."
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

He’s not even league average. And he did look this bad for most of last “season.”
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    He’s not even league average. And he did look this bad for most of last “season.”
    July 23- Aug 3: .362 OPS (6 games)

Aug 4-Sept 27: .871 OPS (47 games)

Your perception doesn’t match reality.

Suarez had a horrible month back in June 2019 also (.569 OPS). This one is amplified because it’s starting the season. Everyone should relax, it’s a long season.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I'd say he's Dave Kingman but Kingman walked more.
    Not really. Kingman's career OBP was .302. They are very similar. In Kingman's case, it's all he really had, Suarez seems to have turned himself into this.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Suarez 54% fly ball rate, LD rate 10.3%.
    K rate 38.6% BB rate 12%.
    Contact rate 57.8% was 70.7% in 2020.
    HardHit% (Statcast) 28.2% was 43.9% in 2020.
    OSwing% 25.5% slightly less (better) than last three seasons.

Looks like someone over swinging for the long ball. Still patient enough - but popping it up, missing, not making hard contact.
    Last edited by Kc61; 04-24-2021 at 09:12 AM.

I don't understand the Reds love affair with Suarez, even Larkin has a pet nickname for him. He is a strikeout machine who does not adjust with two strikes. He was an average third baseman and a disaster at short stop. He might get a decent reliever on the trade market, but we have enough in the system to replace him right now.

Turn Off Ads?