Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 4-27-21 Reds @ Dodgers 10:10pm

Re: 4-27-21 Reds @ Dodgers 10:10pm

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I hope we can put an end to all of the J.J. Hoover bashing in this game thread tonight.

I've said my piece.
    Jumbo Diaz as well

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Ok?

I am simply referring to right this moment. Suarez and Farmer both have horrible bats right now. Suarez is a negative defender at SS (like worst in baseball negative), Farmer is average. At this exact moment I think Farmer hurts the team less, also Bell won’t be tempted to bat Farmer cleanup like he would Suarez. In no way am I saying Farmer is good or even mediocre. Suarez out of the lineup on April 27, 2021 is addition by subtraction.
    Worst in baseball is actually debatable

He needs a day or 2 off but I will continue to have confidence in Suarez. Sorry, I'm not into knee jerk reactions on a guy with his track record

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post

He needs a day or 2 off but I will continue to have confidence in Suarez. Sorry, I'm not into knee jerk reactions on a guy with his track record
    They said on the broadcast last night that he was dead last.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

It’s really not debatable.

And it’s not a knee jerk reaction. All I said was right now I feel better about Farmer than Suarez. You’re acting like I said Farmer is a better player than Suarez. I am not.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Who is the worst SS in MLB?

As long as Geno doesn’t hit it’s got to be him.

His glove and range introduced him to the conversion and his bat should be what saves him from it

“Should”

7. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (04-27-2021),Wonderful Monds (04-27-2021)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

And it’s not a knee jerk reaction. All I said was right now I feel better about Farmer than Suarez. You’re acting like I said Farmer is a better player than Suarez. I am not.
    We’re talking about a half season of combined stats at this point where Geno is hitting sub .200. That warrants one day off where Farmer should start over him at bare minimum.

9. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (04-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    They said on the broadcast last night that he was dead last.
    Which metric?

There's a REALLY strong case for Didi Gregorius

I'm not acting like anything. I'm saying I'm not sure what would have to happen to feel better about Kyle Farmer over Geno

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Who is the worst SS in MLB?

As long as Geno doesn’t hit it’s got to be him.

His glove and range introduced him to the conversion and his bat should be what saves him from it

“Should”
    He can be the worst SS in baseball and still be better than Kyle Farmer

Which metric?
    Fangraphs SS Defensive rankings. I think it was the Dodgers announcers.

None of this matters. You're trying to use statistics to reason why Suarez should play every day, pulling out stats that are 19 to 24 months old. There are two hundred posters here who could disect those old statistics and find red flags in them that would have predicted his poor production the three months he's played real games since then. It's only three months, but there's 16 months unaccounted for that he has spent warping his mind so badly that he's not good enough to play Single-A baseball right now.

And, that's what we are talking about. It's not a slump. He is wrecked mentally. His approach to at-bats have no baseball IQ behind it. He's a trainwreck.

Senzel needs to go back to the minors. All of his stints on the DL the last three years completely destroyed his learning curve. He needs to go back to basics and fix a lot of things.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I'd of put Blandino at SS and India at 2b.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    O/U Sadak Ferris Bueller references

All game: 2.5
    Before the first pitch: 0.5
    Holy Moses over

15. Likes:

NebraskaRed (04-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Fangraphs SS Defensive rankings. I think it was the Dodgers announcers.

None of this matters. You're trying to use statistics to reason why Suarez should play every day, pulling out stats that are 19 to 24 months old. There are two hundred posters here who could disect those old statistics and find red flags in them that would have predicted his poor production the three months he's played real games since then. It's only three months, but there's 16 months unaccounted for that he has spent warping his mind so badly that he's not good enough to play Single-A baseball right now.

And, that's what we are talking about. It's not a slump. He is wrecked mentally. His approach to at-bats have no baseball IQ behind it. He's a trainwreck.

Senzel needs to go back to the minors. All of his stints on the DL the last three years completely destroyed his learning curve. He needs to go back to basics and fix a lot of things.
    Fangraphs defensive value actually has 4 SS worse than him. I'm not blaming you for their information. Just putting that out there

There aren't 200 people on earth, let alone on this message board, that could have predicted Suarez would perform this poorly.

If you honestly don't think he could play single-A baseball right now, then we should just end this conversation because there is no common ground

get the hell out!

Wink job!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

19. Likes:

Ron Madden (04-28-2021)

literally, get the hell out. winker is the man.

Turn Off Ads?