Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NFL Draft Thread

Re: 2021 NFL Draft Thread

Well, the first round is done now. That's probably good as the ESPN announcers appear to be getting frustrated that the draft is interrupting their conversation...for the last four hours.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think it is near criminal that Trevon Moehrig is still on the board....
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

4. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (04-30-2021)

That was agonizing.
    Go Gators!

6. Likes:

SteelSD (04-30-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I think it is near criminal that Trevon Moehrig is still on the board....
    Urban said it was tough decision to pick Travis Etienne over the corners and safeties that were on the board. And Jags pick next.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Roger Goodell tonight:

“Every year millions of children go to bed hungry, crying themselves to sleep, many eventually commit suicide... and with the 13th pick, the Chargers choose...”
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

9. Likes:

GAC (04-30-2021),kaldaniels (04-30-2021),RedsBaron (04-30-2021),RiverRat13 (04-30-2021),SteelSD (04-30-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Urban said it was tough decision to pick Travis Etienne over the corners and safeties that were on the board. And Jags pick next.
    yeah....they played it right because I thought that was where he would go with the second 1st Round pick.....now they can get him in the 2nd Round.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    yeah....they played it right because I thought that was where he would go with the second 1st Round pick.....now they can get him in the 2nd Round.
    I'm still not sure that's where they go. They could. The GM says they still have 3 or 4 guys on their board that had first round grades. I'm hoping someone blows them away with an offer to trade down.

All the teams will spend the next 16 hours looking at who's left....
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Lions didn’t overthink it. When the best LT in years falls to you at 7 you say “thank you” and take him.
    And yet several analysts and scouts don't feel the same way about Sewell as you...in fact had Sewell come out last season he would have been the 4th tackle off the board. Sewell will have a nice career but lets not prop him up to be something he isn't.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I'd love to see the Bengals focus on the offensive line with this pick, but I'm unsure about tackle. The guards and center all struggled last year, to some degree or another. (And I like Sam Cosmi as a target in either the 3rd or 4th round as a tackle.) Might be able to deal down with Cleveland or Jacksonville?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I'd love to see the Bengals focus on the offensive line with this pick, but I'm unsure about tackle. The guards and center all struggled last year, to some degree or another. (And I like Sam Cosmi as a target in either the 3rd or 4th round as a tackle.) Might be able to deal down with Cleveland or Jacksonville?
    Understatement of the year? The Bengals entered the offseason with question marks at each position on the offensive line. So far, they kind of patched one with Reiff and are clearly banking on Jonah Williams becoming durable overnight. Still leaves three big question marks in the middle though.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Two observations before the first pick...

Anthony Munoz is old (happens to the best of us). And Orlando Pace is friggin huge.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Can't help but cringe when I see Munoz's hand lol.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

There's so many OL left.

Do they trade back?

Denver trades up for the RB out of UNC.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Eagles take Dickerson.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Turn Off Ads?