Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: AG last night

Re: AG last night

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Right, comes with the territory. That said, when I was in my 20's I didn't care for it much either.

Go figure
    I enjoyed Billy White Shoes Johnson and his TD dance. Couldn’t stand Mark Gasbag and his sack dance. Mark was basically pure self promotion and all about himself.

You don’t have to be old or young to like or dislike one or the other. I know people get their defense up when talking about one generation over the other. How one is too grumpy and uptight. The other too disrespectful.

2. Likes:

westofyou (05-03-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Herd View Post
    The average baseball fan is in their late 50s. It’s not shocking that old people don’t like what 20 somethings are doing on the field.

Trying to make players behave like old people want them to is going to be a losing proposition.
    This is like that thing where people complain about canned answers to media questions, then turn around and call people jerks when they actually answer honestly.

5. Likes:

RollyInRaleigh (05-04-2021)

Celebrating like Castellanos is a complete 180 from Garrett's trash talk. To file them both under 'emotions' of baseball players and try to compare the two just doesn't work.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

It's funny to me we're critiquing the civility of a baseball player after the last several years we've gone through as a country. Would be quite curious to see where in society such standards are applied, or not, by posters.

Also, again, screw Baez, Rizzo and the Cubs.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Acting like civil human beings isn't restricted to old people. Similarly, there area lot of old people who act like thugs and punks.
    “Thugs”.

That’s the problem right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Herd View Post
    “Thugs”.

That’s the problem right there.
    How so?
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by bm1475 View Post
    This is like that thing where people complain about canned answers to media questions, then turn around and call people jerks when they actually answer honestly.

Yes this I agree with. You want the truth or the company line. Better off not to say anything but then you’re a jerk to the press.

How so?
    https://www.npr.org/2015/04/30/40336...-the-word-thug

To be fair, there seems to be two groups of people complaining about Garrett’s actions.

One group considers it over the top, and embarrassing because he’s been so bad this season. However, they still support Garrett overall and are rooting for him to succeed going forward.

Another group has disliked Garrett and his “antics” for awhile, and see this as just another reason to trash him personally.

The vast majority of those posting here fall into the first group and shouldn’t be lopped into the second group.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

13. Likes:

Chip R (05-05-2021),Tony Cloninger (05-03-2021)

So because this person says it’s most definitely so. Then it is? Thugs is word used against anyone on organized crime. Hired muscle or the ones who went out collecting. The person being asked the question is making excuses for when an African American says it but a white personal must be meaning it in a racial way?

I don’t use the word and who knows what’s in someone’s mind when they say it. But this is someone who’s has their own opinion on how the word is to be perceived and making it fact. Being proud of living a thug life and what it’s supposed to mean. It’s not something to really aspire for but it sells records. Just like Anarchy in the UK.

Just go with DBag. That’s pretty clear.

The term was thuggies in India. They were part of a gang that robbed travelers during around the 1800s?

15. Likes:

Phoenix2 (05-03-2021)

Evidently I'm not up on street slang. So thug doesn't mean what it used to. Then delete and use ruffian as the article you posted says it used to mean. It doesn't change the meaning of my post. If it makes you feel any better, I like Amir Garrett on the whole. I think he's over-rated because he's earned his reputation by being matched up and he gets too caught up in trying to be a tough guy, but he's a solid pitcher who needs to be used correctly.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    So because this person says it’s most definitely so. Then it is? Thugs is word used against anyone on organized crime. Hired muscle or the ones who went out collecting. The person being asked the question is making excuses for when an African American says it but a white personal must be meaning it in a racial way?

I don’t use the word and who knows what’s in someone’s mind when they say it. But this is someone who’s has their own opinion on how the word is to be perceived and making it fact. Being proud of living a thug life and what it’s supposed to mean. It’s not something to really aspire for but it sells records. Just like Anarchy in the UK.

Just go with DBag. That’s pretty clear.

The term was thuggies in India. They were part of a gang that robbed travelers during around the 1800s?
    Words change meanings over time, but you know that.

Evidently I'm not up on street slang. So thug doesn't mean what it used to. Then delete and use ruffian as the article you posted says it used to mean. It doesn't change the meaning of my post. If it makes you feel any better, I like Amir Garrett on the whole. I think he's over-rated because he's earned his reputation by being matched up and he gets too caught up in trying to be a tough guy, but he's a solid pitcher who needs to be used correctly.
    Put the specific word aside. It's a bit of a "pot meet kettle" situation to criticize Amir for his lack of decorum by calling him names

20. Likes:

Moose Herd (05-03-2021),OGB (05-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    Put the specific word aside. It's a bit of a "pot meet kettle" situation to criticize Amir for his lack of decorum by calling him names
    He’s not up to date on “street slang”.

Turn Off Ads?