Richardson gets the opening day start
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Likes:

JFLegal (05-04-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2021 A+ Dayton Roster Published

man, i thought i was high on eric yang. BZ has me beat for sure though. i don't have him as a top-10 overall prospect in the organization, but i like him very much.

BZ just likes him so much because of the UBI thing. oh wait, wrong yang.

I think Yang has a chance to be a league average-ish starting catcher. I suspect he'll be a career backup similar to Curt Casali. His most likely career path is the one of Chad Wallach I mentioned earlier.

Any way you slice it, that's value.

Others may disagree.

The takeaway shouldn't be that I'm so high on Yang. Rather, it should be on the fact that I'm low on nearly everyone else on that roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I think Yang has a chance to be a league average-ish starting catcher. I suspect he'll be a career backup similar to Curt Casali. His most likely career path is the one of Chad Wallach I mentioned earlier.

Any way you slice it, that's value.

Others may disagree.

The takeaway shouldn't be that I'm so high on Yang. Rather, it should be on the fact that I'm low on nearly everyone else on that roster.
    i'm definitely higher on lyon richardson than yang (and like i said i like yang a lot). richardson is the 7th-best prospect in the organization imo.

i also like siani, but this will be a big year for him.

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    i'm definitely higher on lyon richardson than yang (and like i said i like yang a lot). richardson is the 7th-best prospect in the organization imo.

i also like siani, but this will be a big year for him.
    Richardson will have to show me he's throwing more than 92 mph before I buy in. A good change up and above average control can typically only get you so far. (To be fair, there are reports that he's throwing significantly harder this year.)

Siani's never excited me. He's shown very little pop. Guys like that typically become fodder the higher they go.

I guess I'm the Ying to your Yang. I wouldn't have listed Yang as a top prospect here at all. I hope you're right.

9. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (05-05-2021)

Roxby probably would have been drafted last year if the draft had gone more than five rounds. But that's not saying much since he probably would have gone in Rounds 6-10.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

The verdict is in............ Yang doesn't appear to be a prospect. Hitting .196

BZ and Legal may decide to appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    The verdict is in............ Yang doesn't appear to be a prospect. Hitting .196

BZ and Legal may decide to appeal.
    .344 OB. Behind the plate that'll do. Don't think that disqualifies him from the Ryan Hanigan/Tucker Barnhart path.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?