Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2021 mace Minor League Player of the Day Thread

Re: The 2021 mace Minor League Player of the Day Thread

"Mark Kolozsvary [C, AA Chattanooga]: ... The Reds typically like to stash a veteran guy at Louisville, but Kolozsvary could well be in line as a back-up to Tyler Stephenson as early as 2022. "

I'm as optimistic as the next guy (unless the next guy is BZ) but Kolozvary hit .188 for the season last time we saw him. I'll be very suprised if he is on Reds in 2022.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

Just to toss it out there, this thread is now the macePOD inside my head.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

4. Likes:

Edd Roush (05-09-2021),SirFelixCat (05-08-2021)

Games of Saturday, 5/8/ 2021:

The Mace POD belongs to: Advanced A Dayton Dragon CF Brian Rey
    : Rey only had two hits on the night, but both cleared the fence. He's doubled up the other HR leaders in the league, with 4 HR on the season. Unsurprisingly, he also leads the league in slugging percentage. He's also doing this from two middle infield positions-- 2B and CF. For winning the award, there will not be a Seiko watch or a $50 certificate to Montgomery Inn.

On a day wherein the minor league system went 3 - 1, with the only blemish the typical Louisville loss:

Scott Heineman, RF AAA Louisville (2 - 4, BB, SB, 2 R): Heineman, acquired in bizarre fashion over the off-season, is a credible AAA player. He's crushed the league, posting a .307/ .374/ .467/ .840 line across 154 games. That would-be season full of ABs includes a 20 HR and 22 SB. That's not translated to the majors, obviously.

Alfredo Rodriguez, SS AAA Louisville (2 - 3, BB): Rodriguez had a good night at the plate. He's strung a few of those together early this season. Good to see.

Connor Curlis, SP AA Chattanooga (6 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 3 BB, 2 K): Curlis wins Pitcher of the Day with a Browningian performance. Curlis had a sneaky good season in 2019 and kept that up early in 2021. The soft-tossing southpaw is solid minor league depth who knows how to pitch. In year's past, that'd make him a top 30 prospect.

Alejo Lopez, 2B AA Chattanooga (2 - 4, BB): Another day, another multiple hit game. Lopez continues to impress (quietly). His .450 BA and .542 OBP are in the Top 10 in his league.

Jose Garcia, DH AA Chattanooga (2 - 4, 2B, 2 RBI, BB): Garcia does not belong in AA, but it's cool to see him dominate and show us all. Still only 23. That's cool.

TJ Hopkins, CF AA Chattanooga (3 - 4, 3B, RBI): Hopkins has made both honorable mention lists on the weekend. The bump from Billings hasn't seemed to bother him overmuch.

Chuckie Robinson, C AA Chattanooga (2 - 3, R, 2B, RBI, BB): Robinson is in his second AA tour. It looks like the Rule 5 draftee will be the second catcher in the system-- or perhaps a platoon partner to Kolozsvary.

Spencer Stockton, RP A+ Dayton (4.1 IP, 2 H, BB, 3 K): Pressed into service early due to Salinas' struggles, Stockton dominated across almost 5 IP.

Tyler Callihan, 2B A- Daytona (3 - 6, 2 R, 2B): My favorite draftee from 2019 gets off the schneid a bit with a three-hit game. I keep waiting for him to explode and go all Boggs on the league. Perhaps this is the beginning?

Allan Cerda, CF A- Daytona (2 - 3, 3 R, 3 RBI, BB, HR, 2B, SB): I seriously contemplated making Cerda my Mace Award winner. He's all over the batting leaders lists and showing speed to boot.

Alex McGarry, 1B A- Daytona (2 - 4, R, HR): Pretty solid way to begin your professional career, right? McGarry's a NDFA from Oregon State. If he can do this every time he plays, he'll be a Red in no time.

Danny Lantigua, RF A- Daytona (3 - 5, 2 R, 4 RBI, HR, 2B): Another possible Mace Award guy, Lantigua showed out on the day. He's at .400/ .438/ .733/ 1.171 for the season (16 PAs).

6. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-10-2021),Mitri (05-09-2021),Reds Freak (05-09-2021),texasdave (05-09-2021),Tom Servo (05-09-2021)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

AlfRod is having his age 27 season. Caution is warranted.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

xxx

*******All minor leagues series will be six games - Tuesday through Sunday. THERE WILL BE NO MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL PLAYED ON MONDAY (at least for the four Reds minor-league franchises). So, obviously, there will no Player of the Days for Monday.

Games of Sunday, May 9th

MACE PLAYER OF THE DAY Reiver Sanmartin (P) CHATTANOOGA - 5 innings of 1-hit baseball will win this award more often than not. His line - 5 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 4 K.

Honorable Mention Lyon Richardson (P) DAYTON - Nearly identical numbers as Sanmartin, so I asked my wife. Life's unfair at times. His line - 5 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 6 K.

Other mentionable performances

Wes Robertson (Chattanooga) - He worked a scoreless frame.

Ryan Olso (Chattanooga) - He worked a scoreless frame.

Jose Garcia (Chattanooga) - DBL, BB, 2 RS, RBI.

Narciso Crook (Chattanooga) - DBL, HR (2), 2 RS, 2 RBI.

Yoel Yanqui (Chattanooga) - 2 SGL.

Jacques Pucheu (Dayton) - He worked 2 scoreless frames.

Francis Peguero (Dayton) - He worked a scorelss frame.

Quin Cotton (Dayton) - HR (1), Outfield Assist.

Bren Spillane (Dayton) - HR (1).

Eric Yang (Dayton) - 2 SGL, BB, RS, SB.

Francisco Urbaez (Dayton) - SGL, 2 BB, 2 RS, 2 RBI.

Quincy McAfee (Dayton) - 2 BB, 3 RS, SB.

Miguel Hernandez (Dayton) - 2 SGL, BB, 2 RS, RBI, 2 SB.

James Proctor (Daytona) - 4 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 K.

Pedro Garcia (Daytona) - 3 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K.

Brent Lockwood (Daytona) - He pitched a scoreless inning.

Rece Hinds (Daytona) - HR (3), 2 RS, RBI.

Alex McGarry (Daytona) - HR (2), BB, RS, 2 RBI.

Danny Lantigua (Daytona) - 2 SGL, DBL, RS.

Michel Triana (Daytona) - SGL, DBL, RS.
    Last edited by texasdave; 05-09-2021 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    *******All minor leagues series will be six games - Tuesday through Sunday. THERE WILL BE NO MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL PLAYED ON MONDAY (at least for the four Reds minor-league franchises). So, obviously, there will no Player of the Days for Monday.
    Ah, I missed this quirk in the schedule this year. Tom Servo, you're off the hook. You're welcome to take one of my days (Tuesday and Thursday games) if you want to get it on the action.

Or texasdave or BZ might want to let go of one of their days. Up to you guys.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Ah, I missed this quirk in the schedule this year. Tom Servo, you're off the hook. You're welcome to take one of my days (Tuesday and Thursday games) if you want to get it on the action.

I'm fine with two days.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post

I'd take on a surrendered day if someone actively wanted to drop one but otherwise it's fine!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'd take on a surrendered day if someone actively wanted to drop one but otherwise it's fine!
    You can take one of mine, if you want.

My jokes are going to get old over the course of an entire season once a week-- two times a week might drive someone to track me down and shoot me!

I used to do standings updates twice a month, but since Monday is now officially a dead day I'll post updates on Mondays. Not that there's much yet, nobody has picked up more than one macePOD, or more than one honorable mention, or one of each, so it's just a bunch of 1s and 0s for now.

Hunter Greene 1-0
    Nick Lodolo 1-0
    Quincy McAfee 1-0
    Brian Rey 1-0
    Leonardo Rivas 1-0
    Reiver Sanmartin 1-0
    Michael Byrne 0-1
    Noah Davis 0-1
    Vladimir Gutierrez 0-1
    Rece Hinds 0-1
    Lyon Richardson 0-1

16. Likes:

M2 (05-10-2021),texasdave (05-10-2021),UKFlounder (05-10-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    You can take one of mine, if you want.

My jokes are going to get old over the course of an entire season once a week-- two times a week might drive someone to track me down and shoot me!
    I’ll take Saturday games then if you don’t mind.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I’ll take Saturday games then if you don’t mind.
    You suck! That's mine!!

(Just kidding. It's yours.)

19. Likes:

Tom Servo (05-10-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    I used to do standings updates twice a month, but since Monday is now officially a dead day I'll post updates on Mondays. Not that there's much yet, nobody has picked up more than one macePOD, or more than one honorable mention, or one of each, so it's just a bunch of 1s and 0s for now.

Hunter Greene 1-0
    Nick Lodolo 1-0
    Quincy McAfee 1-0
    Brian Rey 1-0
    Leonardo Rivas 1-0
    Reiver Sanmartin 1-0
    Michael Byrne 0-1
    Noah Davis 0-1
    Vladimir Gutierrez 0-1
    Rece Hinds 0-1
    Lyon Richardson 0-1
    It's good to see our two top prospects with a macePOD a piece already.

21. Likes:

Edd Roush (05-11-2021)

Turn Off Ads?