Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds Minor League Thread - 05/04/21

Re: Reds Minor League Thread - 05/04/21

Dayton is going to be fun to watch. Good speed and aggressive base running.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Updating things:

LOUISVILLE - Ex-Red Ryan Lavarnway went deep against Shipley. Brandon Finnegan came out of the bullpen to pitch 2.2 scoreless. Bats got a run in the bottom of the 6th on two singles and a walk. As they stretch in the 7th, Columbus leads 6-3. Currently pitching for Louisville is Cionel Perez.

DAYTON - The Dragons jumped out to a 4-0 lead, but that has been trimmed to 4-2 in the bottom of the 7th. Karsen Lindell has been getting roughed up this inning. Eddy Demurias relieved Lindell after a two-run shot to halved the deficit.

The Dragons have 11 hits so far in the game. Siani, Yang, Cotton and McAfee with two each.

DAYTONA trailed 2-0 through 6, but have tallied single markers in both the 7th and 8th to tie things up heading into the 9th. James Proctor, a FA signing out of Princeton did not allow a run in 3 innings. Vincent Timpanelli did not allow a run in the 8th.
    Last edited by texasdave; 05-04-2021 at 09:01 PM.

4. Likes:

klw (05-04-2021)

LOUISVILLE - No beer will be sold at Louisville Slugger Stadium this season, the Bats lost the opener. Braden Shipley surrenders 5 in the first, and for all intents and purposes, that was the game. Louisville falls 6-3. The bullpen was rock solid, working 5.2 scoreless. Hats off to Finnegan, Perez, C., Garcia, E., and Warren.

Offensively, Mark Payton singled and tripled. Scott Heineman blasted a solo shot and walked twice. That was pretty much it.

CHATTANOOGA - The game was postponed due to inclement weather.

DAYTON is just wrapping up an Opening Day win. They lead 9-2 in the top of the 9th. Lyon Richardson went 3 hitless, JC Keys worked 2.1 hitless. Eddy Demurias went .1 hitless IP. Broxton Roxby struck out all 3 batters he faced. Jake Gilbert is on to nail down the win.

The hitting star is Quincy McAfee who went 3-5, including a grand slam in the 9th.

DAYTONA - The Shellmen picked up a run in the 9th to go ahead 3-2. But Palm Beach, in true Ratbird fashion, scored twice in the home half of the 9th to snatch the win, 4-3. Nick Hanson, who has had a snakebitten career, gave up the two runs. Hanson has been in the organization since 2016, and has pitched a total of 21.1 innings.

Allan Cerda went yard. Debby Santana singled twice.
    Last edited by texasdave; 05-04-2021 at 10:00 PM.

6. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-05-2021),klw (05-05-2021)

It'd be nice if Siani continues this whole "hitting" thing. And Hanson continues this whole "playing baseball" thing.

From a former poster's patreon:
    Christian Roa only pitched one inning. That likely wasn’t the plan given how the rest of the organiztion’s pitchers threw on the day. His velocity was down in his inning of work from where he was at in spring training by several MPH. As of this time I have no information on whether or not there was an injury involved here or not.

I watched Yang a bit last night. Solid home run. His other hit was ground ball that found a hole. I'll say it time after time. I'm no scout. But I thought he looked very good behind the plate. I don't know his defensive reputation.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I watched Yang a bit last night. Solid home run. His other hit was ground ball that found a hole. I'll say it time after time. I'm no scout. But I thought he looked very good behind the plate. I don't know his defensive reputation.
    He's supposed to be solid behind the plate. That seems to be high praise this early in a professional career. Receives pitches well, good arm, solid pop times. Most of his praise is that he controls a game well. (This is one reason why I think he's got a great shot at spending multiple seasons in MLB.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    He's supposed to be solid behind the plate. That seems to be high praise this early in a professional career. Receives pitches well, good arm, solid pop times. Most of his praise is that he controls a game well. (This is one reason why I think he's got a great shot at spending multiple seasons in MLB.)
    we might disagree on everything else in the world, but we're both on this eric yang bandwagon. with you leading the charge.

Wait, did the Yang Gang just form?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    It's a very exclusive Gang. Hardly anyone that applies gets Yin.

14. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (05-06-2021),M2 (05-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    We're taking applications for secretary.

Anyone know shorthand?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    From a former poster's patreon:
    He still lurks making fun of other peoples posts on twitter. He has gotta get his content from somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisyear View Post
    He still lurks making fun of other peoples posts on twitter. He has gotta get his content from somewhere.
    It’s so annoying when I see former posters go on Twitter and say “OMG! Posters on Redszone are ****ing stupid!” Instead of just being adults and actually responding on here.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It’s so annoying when I see former posters go on Twitter and say “OMG! Posters on Redszone are ****ing stupid!” Instead of just being adults and actually responding on here.
    That's like people who move across the country and still stalk the municipal sites from where they used to live (yes, these creatures exists).
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?