Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Amir Garrett Suspended 7 Games

Re: Amir Garrett Suspended 7 Games

So...Garrett gets taunted in eyepopping fashion and keeps his cool. Baez just skates. I don't often think retaliation is the way, but it has to be here.

2. Turn Off Ads?

how about we get people out and win games instead of making our ego's feel better
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

4. Likes:

Chip R (07-27-2021),Coopdaddy67 (07-27-2021),Griffey012 (07-27-2021),Ironman92 (07-27-2021),mth123 (07-27-2021),Old school 1983 (07-27-2021),StRedlegs900 (07-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Puig Your Red View Post
    how about we get people out and win games instead of making our ego's feel better
    Dude hit a routine fly ball to center.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    So...Garrett gets taunted in eyepopping fashion and keeps his cool. Baez just skates. I don't often think retaliation is the way, but it has to be here.
    Baez probably gets a suspension for that, and he should get one.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

7. Likes:

Ironman92 (07-27-2021),wlf WV (07-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Baez probably gets a suspension for that, and he should get one.
    Garrett deserves it.

Garrett is a distraction at this point and isn’t pitching well enough to offset that distraction. I get the whole let guys express themselves more stuff, but he’s gone beyond that, and hasn’t pitched in a way to back it up. I think Baez is a jackass, but he’s been poked by the Reds resident jackass in Garrett so, as a fellow jackass will rub it in as much as possible. Whatever happened to acting like you’ve been there before, but celebrating big moments that warrant it with class?

10. Likes:

RiverRat13 (07-27-2021),wlf WV (07-27-2021)

Well, I agree that Garrett's pitching has been bad.
    However, to his credit, last night he did not let Baez troll him into a fight or another suspension. He handled it maturely, so he's grown up.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

12. Likes:

Big Klu (07-27-2021),Indymoon (07-27-2021),Ironman92 (07-27-2021),Ron Madden (07-27-2021)

Garrett deserved Baez’s taunting with his previous antics. However, Baez whole show was pretty over the top and shall be suspension worthy based on prior precedent set this year.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

14. Likes:

Edd Roush (07-27-2021),HammerTime (07-27-2021),Ironman92 (07-27-2021),REDREAD (07-27-2021),Roy Tucker (07-27-2021)

None of that stuff with Baez would've happened if Bell had used Garret in the 8th inning like he should have.

16. Likes:

Ironman92 (07-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Garrett is a distraction at this point and isn’t pitching well enough to offset that distraction. I get the whole let guys express themselves more stuff, but he’s gone beyond that, and hasn’t pitched in a way to back it up. I think Baez is a jackass, but he’s been poked by the Reds resident jackass in Garrett so, as a fellow jackass will rub it in as much as possible. Whatever happened to acting like you’ve been there before, but celebrating big moments that warrant it with class?
    To me most “ expressing yourself “ is just being a typical show off.
    I hardly ever watch pro football or basketball because of the show offs. I don’t like show offs and when baseball becomes like the other two major pro men’s sports, I’ll find something else to do, rather than be a part of it.
    The trouble is everything has become okay and justifiable if it’s on your side of the fence.
    Last edited by wlf WV; 07-27-2021 at 10:35 AM.
    May the Lord bless

18. Likes:

Old school 1983 (07-27-2021),REDREAD (07-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    If Baez doesn't get suspended it will be because the Reds players didn't react to it like the Cardinals players did. If the goal is to get Baez suspended they needed to go out there and not necessarily throw down but just go out and yell and posture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

20. Likes:

RiverRat13 (07-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    If Baez doesn't get suspended it will be because the Reds players didn't react to it like the Cardinals players did. If the goal is to get Baez suspended they needed to go out there and not necessarily throw down but just go out and yell and posture.
    Baez will be suspended. That was a clear case of taunting. Garret did the right thing. If Garrett escalated it, he would have likely gotten a bigger suspension since he was a repeat offender.

22. Likes:

Ironman92 (07-27-2021),Ron Madden (07-27-2021),wlf WV (07-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Baez will be suspended. That was a clear case of taunting. Garret did the right thing. If Garrett escalated it, he would have likely gotten a bigger suspension since he was a repeat offender.
    Garrett deserved it.
    Baez was over-the-top.

Both are true.

Look Amir, it's cool if you want to provide "Swag" to this ball club. But that's a double edged sword. You back that ish up and he's looking like a bona-fide idiot right now.

24. Likes:

Edd Roush (07-27-2021),Griffey012 (07-27-2021),HammerTime (07-27-2021),Ironman92 (07-27-2021),REDREAD (07-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Dude hit a routine fly ball to center.
    Dude won the game

I’ll say Tucker calling a high pitch was asinine snd the Reds brass bro g in 5 infielders but then allowing a high pitch to be called. Baez the free swinger was hacking at anything…..throwing high is a lack of baseball sense…..but the same team shifts way over then pitches outside fastballs to easily burn them.

26. Likes:

Old school 1983 (07-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Dude won the game

I’ll say Tucker calling a high pitch was asinine snd the Reds brass bro g in 5 infielders but then allowing a high pitch to be called. Baez the free swinger was hacking at anything…..throwing high is a lack of baseball sense…..but the same team shifts way over then pitches outside fastballs to easily burn them.
    The game was lost because the Reds left a small population on the bases and when Hembree walked two and hit a batter in the 9th.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

28. Likes:

Griffey012 (07-27-2021)

Turn Off Ads?