Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Amir Garrett Suspended 7 Games

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: Amir Garrett Suspended 7 Games

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I think Amir should have gotten some discipline on this, but I would love for someone to explain to me how Baez didn’t get suspended for even 1 game.
    For sure. I would’ve given Amir 1 or 2 games, but Baez absolutely deserved the equal punishment.

I’m guessing there’s some like team wide repeat offender effect thing going on here, like Cast got 3 for the same thing, another Red violated the same rule, they get a whole week.

Ridiculous.

2. Likes:

ochoa30 (05-04-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

The simple solution is that if the opposition shows emotion, just clear your bench so the other guy gets a suspension.

5. Likes:

757690 (05-04-2021),alwaysawarrior (05-05-2021),CarolinaRedleg (05-05-2021),Edd Roush (05-04-2021),Griffey012 (05-04-2021),M2 (05-04-2021),MoneyInTheBank (05-04-2021),ochoa30 (05-04-2021),Roy Tucker (05-04-2021),wally post (05-04-2021)

Two other things;

1) did they really just do this right before the start of the game and leave the Reds a man short?

2) Amir was just starting to come around on being able to get outs. I hope a week off doesn’t screw up his rhythm.
    Last edited by Wonderful Monds; 05-04-2021 at 07:18 PM.

Interested to see how Reds brass respond. Hopefully it’s with loads of anger.

8. Likes:

M2 (05-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Two other things;

1) did they really just do this right before the start of the game and leave the Reds a man short?

2) Amir was just starting to come around on being able to get outs. I hope a week off doesn’t screw up his rhythm.
    He is allowed to play while his appeal is being reviewed.

This is beyond excessive. And unfair, given that Baez wasn't suspended.

Much like the Castellano suspension, it sure seems like Manfred likes to poop on the Reds.

Sadly, if anything, this just tells players and coaches "welp, back to the unwritten rules... (sigh) throw it at his head."

I looked. They don't have specific rules in regard to taunting. Because it has never needed to be enforced. This is the first season that unwritten rules seem to have been almost universally rejected by coaches and players. But nothing in it's place. So he throws the book at Garrett.

Lame. I would appeal on exactly those grounds.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    This is beyond excessive. And unfair, given that Baez wasn't suspended.

Much like the Castellano suspension, it sure seems like Manfred likes to poop on the Reds.

Sadly, if anything, this just tells players and coaches "welp, back to the unwritten rules... (sigh) throw it at his head."

I looked. They don't have specific rules in regard to taunting. Because it has never needed to be enforced. This is the first season that unwritten rules seem to have been almost universally rejected by coaches and players. But nothing in it's place. So he throws the book at Garrett.

Lame. I would appeal on exactly those grounds.
    I actually don’t know if it’s Manfred:

Michael Hill, former Marlins GM, from Cincinnati, is the current MLB office chief disciplinarian, interviewed for the open GM job in October. Reds elected to hire no one.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

12. Likes:

cincinnati chili (05-04-2021),Wonderful Monds (05-04-2021)

Garrett acted, Baez responded. There is a difference. I thought Garrett acted classless.

Michael Hill, former Marlins GM, from Cincinnati, is the current MLB office chief disciplinarian, interviewed for the open GM job in October. Reds elected to hire no one.
    This is all Manfred. Hill is just following orders.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I like where your head’s at.

He’s also from Cincinnati right? Local guy mad because he got spurned by the hometown club?

*oh yeah duh you literally said in your post he’s from Cincinnati lmao

16. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (05-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by scotly50 View Post
    Garrett acted, Baez responded. There is a difference. I thought Garrett acted classless.
    There's 2 involved here, but only one punished. And quite severely at that. Maybe they should try specifying what constitutes taunting instead of throwing the book at Amir instead.

I would appeal the crap out of this one.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by scotly50 View Post
    How is jumping over the railing and challenging Garrett to a fight classy?
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

19. Likes:

Bob Sheed (05-04-2021)

Cincinnati Reds pitcher Amir Garrett was suspended for seven games Tuesday for "inciting a benches-clearing incident" during Saturday's game against the Chicago Cubs.

Garrett, who was fined an undisclosed amount, is appealing the suspension and remains eligible to play during the appeals process. Michael Hill, MLB's senior VP for on-field operations, announced the discipline.

Javier Báez, who hopped the dugout railing when he was yelling at Garrett, was not suspended. He received an undisclosed fine.

The incident started when Garrett struck out Anthony Rizzo in the eighth inning. Garrett shouted from the mound and pounded his chest multiple times. The Cubs saw it as disrespectful to Rizzo; Garrett said it was "pent-up aggression" from his struggles this season.

Several Cubs players, particularly Báez, let Garrett know how they felt about it by yelling at him from the dugout. Garrett yelled back at Báez while waiting for the next batter, then Báez jumped the dugout railing and gestured for Garrett to come to him. The benches emptied but there were no punches and no ejections.

"I felt really good, throwing 97 (mph), slider up to 87," Garrett said. "I felt my normal self, so when I struck Rizzo out, I let him know. I let him know 'I'm back.' I'm good. I'm here. That's basically all it was.

"I turn around, got the ball and heard Báez chirping. So, I'm going to chirp back. It's fine. We weren't going to fight because that split second that we had that much time to get to each other, I can get to him if I wanted to and he can get to me. We weren't going to fight. We're going to exchange words, blah, blah, blah. Benches clear, hold me back, whatever."
    Read more Bobby Nightengale, Cincinnati.com

I’ll go ahead and say it:

Maybe keeping Amir off the mound for a week’s worth of games right now actually helps the Reds.

22. Likes:

Always Red (05-06-2021),Larkin Fan (05-04-2021)

"I felt really good, throwing 97 (mph), slider up to 87," Garrett said. "I felt my normal self, so when I struck Rizzo out, I let him know. I let him know 'I'm back.' I'm good. I'm here. That's basically all it was.
    Not helping yourself, Amir. Not helping yourself at all.

You need to stick with the Farney angle and say the same thing. Or just say you were trying to get on SportsCenter.

Anything but the above quote. Jeez...

24. Likes:

REDREAD (05-04-2021)

Turn Off Ads?