Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Amir Garrett Suspended 7 Games

Re: Amir Garrett Suspended 7 Games

Hypothetically let’s say Tatis Jr bat flips on a HR and Naquin jumps the rail and tackles Tatis fueling a bench clearing incident. Tatis get suspended and Naquin a fine, am I following this right Manfred?
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

2. Likes:

757690 (05-04-2021),CarolinaRedleg (05-05-2021),Chip R (05-05-2021),M2 (05-04-2021),MoneyInTheBank (05-04-2021),ochoa30 (05-04-2021),RedTeamGo! (05-04-2021),Ron Madden (05-04-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Hypothetically let’s say Tatis Jr bat flips on a HR and Naquin jumps the rail and tackles Tatis fueling a bench clearing incident. Tatis get suspended and Naquin a fine, am I following this right Manfred?
    Manfred hasn't specified rules for any of that. It was always settled with a fastball to the ribs until now.

This punishment is not right.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

One thing that is missing these days are sports reporters willing to challenge authority.

When I was growing up, the sports media would be all over this, and Manfred and Hill would be facing a barrage of questions that they would have to answer. But now, most reporters either work for MLB or at afraid to ask tough questions to those in charge.

If they had to face the media over this and be held accountable, they might not be this outrageous.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

We've seen an uptick in the political posts in this area recently, so there's a limit to how many warnings we give, and we're quickly approaching it. If someone says something they shouldn't in this area, you can either report it for our review or simply ignore it and let us deal with it once we see it. It doesn't give you free reign to open the floodgates on political discussion in this forum. If you want to talk politics, we have an area reserved for that, and you can request access via the instructions in The Non-Sports Chatter forum. Otherwise, we don't want to see it anywhere else.

7. Likes:

Bob Sheed (05-04-2021),klw (05-04-2021),mth123 (05-05-2021),REDREAD (05-04-2021),RiverRat13 (05-04-2021),Ron Madden (05-04-2021),Roy Tucker (05-04-2021),Tommyjohn25 (05-06-2021)

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Baez should be drilled the next time they play. Let that be the middle finger to both him and MLB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    One thing that is missing these days are sports reporters willing to challenge authority.

When I was growing up, the sports media would be all over this, and Manfred and Hill would be facing a barrage of questions that they would have to answer. But now, most reporters either work for MLB or at afraid to ask tough questions to those in charge.

If they had to face the media over this and be held accountable, they might not be this outrageous.
    Ha, Mark Sheldon’s only tweet about this was the announcement of the suspension. That’s it. And before anyone says “he’s just doing his job” this guy OFTEN tweets his opinions on politics, COVID, etc.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    For comparison sake...he dropped his mitt, charged at the Pirates dugout, and started throwing haymakers in 2019 and got eight games, one more than yelling at the Cubs in 2021.
    He’s getting the James Harrison treatment at this point. When you’re viewed as a repeat offender, even if you don’t do much of anything in subsequent matters, it gets treated as an escalation. The NFL started fining Harrison for breathing in the proximity of a QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes:

Chip R (05-05-2021),CTA513 (05-04-2021)

Bad comportment, I say. We cannot brook these boisterous displays!
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

13. Likes:

Moose Herd (05-04-2021)

I’m not that mad about Garrett. 7 games is more than I thought but it’s in the realm.

But how Baez gets off almost scot free just boggles my mind. That’s what I’m hacked off about.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

15. Likes:

757690 (05-04-2021),BluegrassRedleg (05-04-2021),Edd Roush (05-06-2021),Ron Madden (05-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    For comparison sake...he dropped his mitt, charged at the Pirates dugout, and started throwing haymakers in 2019 and got eight games, one more than yelling at the Cubs in 2021.
    In the real world there’s a concept of progressive discipline. The penalty is based on the nature of the offense but also on the prior record of discipline. So two people could be guilty of exactly the same thing but the one with previous discipline will get a more severe penalty.

Amir has prior discipline on his record from the Pirate incident. Guessing this factored into the penalty level.

17. Likes:

Chip R (05-05-2021),mth123 (05-05-2021),REDREAD (05-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I’m not that mad about Garrett. 7 games is more than I thought but it’s in the realm.

But how Baez gets off almost scot free just boggles my mind. That’s what I’m hacked off about.
    I agree Baez should have gotten more than a fine but less than what Amir got

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    I agree Baez should have gotten more than a fine but less than what Amir got
    Sticks and stones may break my bones, but you better not say words.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

20. Likes:

757690 (05-04-2021),CarolinaRedleg (05-05-2021)

Here's the rules:

https://baseballrulesacademy.com/off...20in%20uniform.

Not a peep in regard to anything AG did.

AG has a strong case for appeal as long as he stops commenting on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Sticks and stones may break my bones, but you better not say words.
    It's baseball, not Rowdy Roddy Piper vs Hulk Hogan.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

I’ll confess to being lazy and not reading prior posts.

My thoughts:

1. Amir having a past record played into the # of games.

2. Amir’s antics were unprovoked in that game and unprecedented the way he acted.

3. I believe MLB tried to set a precedent with Castellanos for enciting what followed and I believe what Amir did was similar and MLB trying to squash the emotions and showmanship to that level.

4. I believe MLB should communicate better what they want and not leave people like me to guess.

5. MLB putting the screws to the Reds just sounds silly and out of touch.

6. Amir must do better...no way all of team is ok with his actions. I’m not sure if he’ll give anything of an effort to do better....he may just up his level of chip on shoulder....might inspire team, might get him traded/released.

7. I feel MLB giving Baez a game or two would’ve been smarter and made more sense. They are telling me that if you are defending a teammate you can do whatever you want...and I don’t believe that is their actual stance.

8. Emotion doesn’t = care

9. I would love for Amir to be a passionate reliever and lead the Reds to great success.

10. Harping on Baez here and not Amir seems like the parent of a troubled kid at school trying to put blame on others and not recognize the problem with your kid.

Go Reds

23. Likes:

Chip R (05-05-2021),mth123 (05-05-2021)

This is a sad showing tonight. Lifeless.

Turn Off Ads?