Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Amir Garrett Suspended 7 Games

Re: Amir Garrett Suspended 7 Games

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    I agree Baez should have gotten more than a fine but less than what Amir got
    I don’t disagree with that given Garrett’s record.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    It's baseball, not Rowdy Roddy Piper vs Hulk Hogan.
    So it's baseball, not something people like?

Anyway, the point was MLB has messed up priorities when it comes to violence vs. garden variety jawing.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    So it's baseball, not something people like?

Anyway, the point was MLB has messed up priorities when it comes to violence vs. garden variety jawing.
    I like MLB. WWE? Not so much.

I don't agree with the harsh and uneven ruling here, but it is worth noting that pretty much EVERYTHING I said was confirmed by MLB tonight.

MLB does not equal WWE. Thankfully.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

5. Likes:

mth123 (05-05-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    10. Harping on Baez here and not Amir seems like the parent of a troubled kid at school trying to put blame on others and not recognize the problem with your kid.

Go Reds
    This is like a kid who pulls a prank on a teacher getting suspended while a bully who starts a fight after it getting nothing.

What Amir did might be bad, but nothing he did should have lead to a bench clearing brawl. The brawl started with Baez.

If the goal is to stop bench clearing brawls, you punish the person who started the brawl.

So far, in every case, MLB has done nothing to the person who starts the brawl, and instead punishes the person who shows emotion. Ever single time. It’s clear what their message is. They don’t mind if you start a brawl, just don’t show emotion on the field.

What they have done is incentivized players to start brawls anytime another player shows emotion. You will not be suspended, but the player you reacted to will.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Though I hear this WWE thing might be popular.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I don't agree with the harsh and uneven ruling here, but it is worth noting that pretty much EVERYTHING I said was confirmed by MLB tonight.

MLB does not equal WWE. Thankfully.
    I would not be bragging that MLB confirmed my opinion with this ruling. That’s like saying the OJ jury confirmed my opinion on OJ.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Though I hear this WWE thing might be popular.
    To each their own. Twinkies and Fidget Spinners might be popular too... I wouldn't know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I would not be bragging that MLB confirmed my opinion with this ruling. That’s like saying the OJ jury confirmed my opinion on OJ.
    Lol it's really not.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Embarrassing.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

To each their own. Twinkies and Fidget Spinners might be popular too... I wouldn't know.

- - - Updated - - -
    Twinkies and Fidget Spinners is the title of my forthcoming autobiography.
    Last edited by cincinnati chili; 05-04-2021 at 10:08 PM.
    Stick to your guns.

12. Likes:

Bob Sheed (05-04-2021),Roy Tucker (05-04-2021)

This is like a kid who pulls a prank on a teacher getting suspended while a bully who starts a fight after it getting nothing.

What Amir did might be bad, but nothing he did should have lead to a bench clearing brawl. The brawl started with Baez.

If the goal is to stop bench clearing brawls, you punish the person who started the brawl.

So far, in every case, MLB has done nothing to the person who starts the brawl, and instead punishes the person who shows emotion. Ever single time. It’s clear what their message is. They don’t mind if you start a brawl, just don’t show emotion on the field.

What they have done is incentivized players to start brawls anytime another player shows emotion. You will not be suspended, but the player you reacted to will.
    I’m just not getting the brawl part.

Baez jumped over rail and showed Amir he’s a bad ass and wants in Amir’s club...he took some steps towards the field. You could say players coming out onto the actual field in groups brought out the benches clearing. It’s all dumb. Had no one come out to save the 6’5 guy from the 5’10 guy and Baez crossed the lines and they started beating on each other....then I’d be on the give Baez more games wagon.

I don’t believe for a second Baez was coming to the mound.

Dissolve the Cubs organization for all I care but Amir needs to do better.

14. Likes:

mth123 (05-05-2021),TexasRedsFan (05-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    I’m just not getting the brawl part.

Baez jumped over rail and showed Amir he’s a bad ass and wants in Amir’s club...he took some steps towards the field. You could say players coming out onto the actual field in groups brought out the benches clearing. It’s all dumb. Had no one come out to save the 6’5 guy from the 5’10 guy and Baez crossed the lines and they started beating on each other....then I’d be on the give Baez more games wagon.

I don’t believe for a second Baez was coming to the mound.

Dissolve the Cubs organization for all I care but Amir needs to do better.
    Nothing happens if Baez doesn’t jump the rail and challenge Amir. Rizzo, who Amir is accused of taunting, was walking back to the dugout, ignoring everything. There was no need for Baez to react the way he did.

If you are to punish Amir for showing emotion, because it instigated a fight, you have to give the same punishment to Baez for showing emotion and actually, literally starting a fight.

It’s clear as day to me. I don’t see what you are missing.

16. Likes:

Bob Sheed (05-04-2021),M2 (05-04-2021),mbgrayson (05-04-2021),MoneyInTheBank (05-05-2021)

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I actually don’t know if it’s Manfred:

Michael Hill, former Marlins GM, from Cincinnati, is the current MLB office chief disciplinarian, interviewed for the open GM job in October. Reds elected to hire no one.
    Half jokingly, I raised this conspiracy theory on Redszone and social media early on. I’m patting myself on the back for being the first foil head: https://twitter.com/dom_rivers/statu...354082819?s=21

But now I’m starting to wonder if there is something to it. Everybody is blaming Manfred for these suspensions. But I suspect he has bigger fish to fry right now.

Michael Hill got passed over for an interview by his hometown team. His first two disproportionate and questionable acts of discipline have been levied against said team. I don’t know if the guy is a saint or a crook, but it’s an angle worth examining.
    Stick to your guns.

18. Likes:

Bob Sheed (05-04-2021),Chip R (05-05-2021),M2 (05-04-2021),Roy Tucker (05-05-2021)

Nothing happens if Baez doesn’t jump the rail and challenge Amir. Rizzo, who Amir is accused of taunting, was walking back to the dugout, ignoring everything. There was no need for Baez to react the way he did.

If you are to punish Amir for showing emotion, because it instigated a fight, you have to give the same punishment to Baez for showing emotion and actually, literally starting a fight.

It’s clear as day to me. I don’t see what you are missing.
    We aren’t going to agree on this. Sorry.

Go Reds

I think the right punishment would've been 4 games for Garrett, 2 games for Baez. The whole incident was just stupid on both guys' part. Baez did jump onto the field. Him only getting a fine is a joke.

21. Likes:

Bob Sheed (05-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Interested to see how Reds brass respond. Hopefully it’s with loads of anger.
    Expect crickets.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?