Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Major league games you saw in person that didn't involve the Reds.

Re: Major league games you saw in person that didn't involve the Reds.

The interesting coda to Bench's subpar 1976 season is that he broke out in the World Series
    and was voted MVP. Take that, boo birds!

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-08-2021),KeefeCato (05-08-2021),westofyou (05-08-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I also went to a game at Fenway and sat in LF right next the Green Monster. It was amazing how brutal the BoSox fans were to Tori Hunter. I also was in awe of just how hard Tony Perez hit the ball to go over the monster during the '75 series.

5. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-08-2021)

St. Louis at Atlanta’s Fulton County Stadium a half dozen times.
    St. Louis at Ted Turner Field in Atlanta
    San Diego at the old St. Louis Busch Stadium in 2000. Saw Daryl Kile pitch.
    Detroit at Camden Yards Baltimore several times. Always when the Tigers were in town.
    St. Louis at the Washington Nationals Park
    Detroit Tigers at the old Tiger Stadium in 1991 and 1999. (Yankees 1991 and Red Sox 1999)
    Detroit Tigers at Fenway in 1992. Saw Clemens pitch...and lose.
    Brewers at SF AT&T Park in 2016. Saw Bumgarner pitch...and win.
    Twins at Oakland in 2019.

Numerous spring training games in Florida

When it comes to baseball, I'll pull over and catch a pee-wee softball game for a few innings while grabbing a hotdog and, hopefully a snow-cone. I love the REDS. 70% of my sports allegience is with the REDS, 20% Blazers, 2% Bengals with thousands of other sports interests spread out among the other 8%. But, as much as I love the REDS I love baseball and softball tenfold. And when it comes to sports, it's just filler for when I'm not busy doing something for or with the ones I love. And since it's good for a relationship to maintain space and independence, there's plenty of opportunity to pursue my passion for sports, and especially baseball. If I see a High School game I might pull over. I like Minor League baseball best, specifically below AAA. It's intimate and is just so much more enjoyable of a place to be at in person.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Yes, 1976 was brutal for Bench and he was booed.

here's a quote from Oester in 2001 about Perez

Attachment 17231
    I remember the guy who had season tickets next to my uncle would always complain about Bench, called him "Hollywood".
    That guy sucked. The other guy I really can't remember getting booed was Morgan. He just never did anything to warrant it.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?