Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Joey Votto broken thumb

Re: Joey Votto broken thumb

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Trading Frazier wasn't the bad move. Trading him for Peraza was the bad move.
    Jose is sittin' the Met's bench now. LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Trading Frazier wasn't the bad move. Trading him for Peraza was the bad move.
    I understand the sentiment and yes, I wish my reds were better at identifying talent when they traded for other team's minor leaguers, but I stand by my point. Getting Todd Frazier and his about to explode salary off the roster was absolutely the right things to do. What they got back in return was a minor concern compared to that.

Interesting that what they got between Peraza and Schebler pretty much is equivalent in performance and quality to the back half of Frazier's career AND they didn't have to pay those guys 40 million dollars.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

4. Likes:

Red Raindog (05-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    As a Red Frazier put up a 113 OPS+ and made 6 million dollars in 5 years.

Since the trade Frazier has put up exactly a 100 OPS+ and made 43 million dollars in 6 years.

The lesson Reds fans should learn from Scott Frazier's career is that sometimes the right thing to do is trade a player FOR ANYTHING just to avoid paying for the back end of his career.

He seemed like a good guy, but he's not worth a roster spot at this point.
    Scott Frazier

6. Likes:

bm1475 (05-18-2021),Tom Servo (05-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    Scott Frazier
    He always reminded me of Todd Rolen.
    Before you criticize someone, you should "walk a mile in their shoes", as the saying goes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away... and you have their shoes.

8. Likes:

757690 (05-16-2021),M2 (05-16-2021),mth123 (05-17-2021)

I understand the sentiment and yes, I wish my reds were better at identifying talent when they traded for other team's minor leaguers, but I stand by my point. Getting Todd Frazier and his about to explode salary off the roster was absolutely the right things to do. What they got back in return was a minor concern compared to that.

Interesting that what they got between Peraza and Schebler pretty much is equivalent in performance and quality to the back half of Frazier's career AND they didn't have to pay those guys 40 million dollars.
    In the two years of control they traded away, he had a 107 OPS+ and produced 6.8 WAR. The Reds got 1.9 WAR total from their pieces in the deal. The White Sox won that trade going away.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

true, but it feels like smart small-market franchises find a way to do both. rays are the best example. indians aren't far behind. reds sometimes act like a smart small-market team, only to get out of their lane and give $64M to moose on the wrong side of the 30 (not to pick on moose, that's just one of many examples that the rays and indians would never do).

the rays just always seem ahead of the curve and you're never going to see them give an aging good player a big contract. reds do it all the time. and when the reds do trade an aging player who has some value, they get disasterous returns. i just bet a front office like the rays or indians would have found a way to get a better return for players like frazier and cueto.
    Last edited by JFLegal; 05-16-2021 at 12:06 PM.

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    Joey Votto was running the bases in a team-wide drill. David Bell said he will have a follow-up X-ray this week to confirm that his broken left thumb is healing correctly.

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__

Before today, I’ve only seen Joey Votto running the bases so far at GABP and doing some work at first base without a glove.

Today, Votto is taking grounders at first with a glove, which is a good sign.

We'll know he's ready when we hear reports about him hitchhiking along local roadways.

14. Likes:

GAC (06-05-2021),klw (05-22-2021),Mitri (05-22-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    We'll know he's ready when we hear reports about him hitchhiking along local roadways.
    Sissy Hankshaw approves of those reports

16. Likes:

M2 (05-22-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Sissy Hankshaw approves of those reports
    Even cowgirls get the reds.

18. Likes:

NebraskaRed (05-22-2021),westofyou (05-22-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Even cowgirls get the reds.
    Even cowgirls get one of the worst book-to-film adaptations ever.

20. Likes:

Roy Tucker (05-23-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Even cowgirls get one of the worst book-to-film adaptations ever.
    Horrendous

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Votto took several sessions of BP inside the stadium today.

23. Likes:

Bob Sheed (05-23-2021),DocRed (05-23-2021),goreds2 (05-23-2021),klw (05-23-2021),Ron Madden (05-24-2021)

wow thats thrilling the pirates better be careful

Turn Off Ads?