Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wade Miley No Hitter!

Re: Wade Miley No Hitter!

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    4 no hitter so far this season. Has to be a record
    Close but no.

https://www.mlb.com/news/wade-miley-...cts-statistics
    This is just the second time in Major League history that there have been at least four no-hitters through May 7 in a season -- along with 1917, when there were five through that calendar date. The last no-hitter before Miley’s was John Means’ -- on May 5. It’s the shortest span between no-hitters across the Majors since 1990, when there were two no-hitters on the same day, on June 29 (Fernando Valenzuela and Dave Stewart).

2. Turn Off Ads?

Reds infield looked better defensively with Suarez back at third and a better defensive shortstop.

Miley pitched like a true starter, came right after the hitters, including late in the game. Didn’t fade as often happens these days.

Good work by top of Reds’ lineup to score three runs against tough RHP reliever. LHHers with clean singles, RHHs made contact without popping up.

Well played all around.
    Last edited by Kc61; 05-08-2021 at 08:21 AM.

4. Likes:

757690 (05-08-2021),mbgrayson (05-08-2021),REDREAD (05-08-2021),Redsland (05-08-2021)

Wade Miley incites a bench clearing incident.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Reds/stat...74954716127235

6. Likes:

0-2 Count (05-08-2021),757690 (05-08-2021),Griffey012 (05-08-2021),klw (05-08-2021),MoneyInTheBank (05-08-2021),Norm Chortleton (05-08-2021),Redsland (05-08-2021),Stray (05-08-2021),thatcoolguy_22 (05-08-2021),UKFlounder (05-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post

He got mobbed like he was Amir in a sea of Pirates.

Nice use of snark by the Reds.

8. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-08-2021),SomeCallMeTim (05-08-2021),thatcoolguy_22 (05-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post

All jokes aside, I think there was more aggressive physical contact during that celebration than either of the benches clearing incidents this season

10. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    Well I actually was there. So awesome. Flew up this morning and brought my Dad who is an Indians fan from the 50s. He was rooting for Miley starting in the 8th. It was very exciiting to just get to be back in ballgame atmosphere after last season.
    It’s funny. I had my choice between going last night or today. I chose today because it starts an hour earlier as I am taking my 5 year old son. When I checked the schedule a few days ago I said “oh nice, Saturday is Castillo, I got lucky!” Lol.

But truly I am just really excited to go to a ballgame again and my son is really excited. Unfortunately he’s lived in Cleveland his whole life and is now a Tribe fan.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

12. Likes:

dfs (05-08-2021),goreds2 (05-08-2021),Phoenix2 (05-08-2021),REDREAD (05-08-2021),thatcoolguy_22 (05-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It’s funny. I had my choice between going last night or today. I chose today because it starts an hour earlier as I am taking my 5 year old son. When I checked the schedule a few days ago I said “oh nice, Saturday is Castillo, I got lucky!” Lol.

But truly I am just really excited to go to a ballgame again and my son is really excited. Unfortunately he’s lived in Cleveland his whole life and is now a Tribe fan.
    Who knows......
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

So I saw that Miley was pitching and was disappointed that I was going to miss Mahle, Castillo or especially Gray. You never know.

One funny tidbit from last night. I got tickets in section 155 behind home plate. Great seats. Anyway in the next section over about 10 feet from me sat two guys who every time Winker came to bat they would yell really loud…

“Hey Winker we met your cousin and his name is Brian”. Every at bat. These guys weren’t 12 either. Probably close to 40. I cracked up every time. The social distancing meant you hear a lot more of that kind of stuff.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

15. Likes:

thatcoolguy_22 (05-08-2021)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    So most of the time this year, I don’t watch a game = Reds win

Tonight, I don’t watch the game and travel deep into the heart of St. Louis = no hitter?
    I can’t help but think this is relevant, and further research is needed.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

17. Likes:

SomeCallMeTim (05-08-2021),UKFlounder (05-08-2021),Wonderful Monds (05-08-2021)

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    So I saw that Miley was pitching and was disappointed that I was going to miss Mahle, Castillo or especially Gray. You never know.

One funny tidbit from last night. I got tickets in section 155 behind home plate. Great seats. Anyway in the next section over about 10 feet from me sat two guys who every time Winker came to bat they would yell really loud…

“Hey Winker we met your cousin and his name is Brian”. Every at bat. These guys weren’t 12 either. Probably close to 40. I cracked up every time. The social distancing meant you hear a lot more of that kind of stuff.
    I was at a Panthers football game in 2019 that wasn't going well for Carolina. People funneled out of the stadium. My buddies and I moved down to the 40yd line 1st row. 2 older fans kept trying to sell muffins to the kicker. The last 10 minutes of the game they just yelled stuff like "Slye, we got blueberry or Chocolate 2 for 5." I thought it was hilarious. Not a panthers fan, so I just assumed it was some sort of inside joke. Googled for a bit and nope. They just wanted to sell some muffins

His teammates should reward him with something nice. Like a surprise makeover. Makes 8 million and it looks like he cuts his hair with a Weed Eater.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Sports Info Solutions - Baseball
    @sis_baseball

Wade Miley has induced 60 ground balls this season

Only 6 batters have reached base when hitting one

His 10% "reached-base" rate is lowest in MLB

Only 1 of 15 reached in the no-hitter
    11:11 AM · May 8, 2021·Twit

Bars at the Banks celebrate Wade Miley no-hitter with special drinks...

https://www.wlwt.com/article/bars-at...rinks/36372046

Have a good time.. You know.. it might be a blessing if your son doesn't become a lifetime Reds' fan.. It will probably save him a lot of agony in his life
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I'd take a few Mileyritas right now

24. Likes:

Ron Madden (05-08-2021)

Turn Off Ads?