Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds Minor League Thread for Saturday, 05/08/2021

Re: Reds Minor League Thread for Saturday, 05/08/2021

Is Austin Hendrick hurt?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    After a losing night at poker, let's go!

Alfredo Rodriguez keeps on hitting, for at least one more day, with 2 base knocks and a walk. His OPS is a heady 1.172.
    After all of the crap Alf-Rod has received, watch him come up and be a league average SS for 5 years out of nowhere.

We could use a break like that.

4. Likes:

Edd Roush (05-09-2021),Kc61 (05-09-2021),OGB (05-09-2021),texasdave (05-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Is Austin Hendrick hurt?
    He hasn't played in the last three games, that's all I know.

He's not listed on the DL. So if he's nicked up (and I assume he is) it sounds like a short term deal.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by podgejeff_ View Post
    After all of the crap Alf-Rod has received, watch him come up and be a league average SS for 5 years out of nowhere.

We could use a break like that.
    Frankly, if Alf Rod could be a solid bench player for Reds it would be a plus. At least he can play a reasonable shortstop.

Wouldn’t be a shock in that he’s had to learn to hit in the minor leagues, starting basically from scratch. Injury set backs too, so if he can now even be a high .600s OPS bench bat with defense he can add something.
    Last edited by Kc61; 05-09-2021 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    TD - Do you know the reason for all the league name changes? If not I'll let you know. It's weirdly satisfying to me at least.

For some reason I'm oddly optimistic on Takahashi. I think he can be an an innings eater in the pen. Do me proud, Bo.

Really interested in seeing what Williams does. Reds obviously like him, and he ended up in Daytona as opposed to the Gulags of Arizona.
    Both Takahashi and Williams let me down.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    He hasn't played in the last three games, that's all I know.
    I don’t get why the Reds FO is so secretive about minor league injuries. I feel like there was a minor leaguer a few years ago, maybe it was Rece Hinds, that didn’t play for weeks and the Reds didn’t even acknowledge he existed. So bizarre.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Is Austin Hendrick hurt?
    Back in the lineup today.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

11. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (05-09-2021)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I don’t get why the Reds FO is so secretive about minor league injuries. I feel like there was a minor leaguer a few years ago, maybe it was Rece Hinds, that didn’t play for weeks and the Reds didn’t even acknowledge he existed. So bizarre.
    I think HIPPA laws require it. I expect they can share major league injury info, because that's agreed to in the CBA. But minor leaguers aren't covered by that, so teams can't publicize injuries like they do with top level players.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Turn Off Ads?