Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: Is Castillo broken?

Re: Is Castillo broken?

Earlier in year Castillo lacked focus. I was amazed at his jovial attitude in some games. Lack of run support is the other part of all this. He has a great arm no doubt.

2. Turn Off Ads?

https://twitter.com/nightengalejr/st...946423301?s=21

Luis Castillo closed the year with a 2.73 ERA over his final 22 starts, which lowered his season ERA below 4.00 for the first time (3.98). "We had a lot of things we had to change, and it all worked out." #Reds

4. Likes:

Ron Madden (10-02-2021)

Castillo ERA now under 4 at 3.98 and has a 4.8 bWAR. That's one amazing turn around this year...

6. Likes:

M2 (10-02-2021),Ron Madden (10-02-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by zigbeenuthouse View Post
    Earlier in year Castillo lacked focus. I was amazed at his jovial attitude in some games. Lack of run support is the other part of all this. He has a great arm no doubt.
    I’ve seen no evidence to say focus had anything to do with his issues. So you would have felt better if he threw temper tantrum’s instead of keeping his head straight and work to fix the issue?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

8. Likes:

Chip R (10-04-2021),Ron Madden (10-02-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    I’ve seen no evidence to say focus had anything to do with his issues. So you would have felt better if he threw temper tantrum’s instead of keeping his head straight and work to fix the issue?
    You didn't pay much attention and you surely have no clue on this. Early in year he was laughing and thinking things funny in many games in early April and into May. No focus and that is not just me it's others like Jeff Brantley who witnessed it too. Where did you get I think he needs a temper tantrum? HUH?

You didn't pay much attention and you surely have no clue on this. Early in year he was laughing and thinking things funny in many games in early April and into May. No focus and that is not just me it's others like Jeff Brantley who witnessed it too. Where did you get I think he needs a temper tantrum? HUH?
    It’s essentially the opposite of being jovial. He kept his head together and fixed the issue. Besides, you just saw him in the dugout. Maybe he was choosing to not bring the whole team down by not sulking in the dugout.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

11. Likes:

Ron Madden (10-02-2021)

Please submit visual evidence and with specific facial expressions as well as attitudinal assessments correlating with each inning.

13. Likes:

DocRed (10-03-2021),Larkin Fan (10-02-2021),M2 (10-02-2021),Roy Tucker (10-02-2021),Tom Servo (10-02-2021)

If we could tell waht people were thinking by just looking at them from afar, think how easy life would be. Guys like Ted Bundy would have never happened.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

15. Likes:

DocRed (10-03-2021),M2 (10-02-2021),Ron Madden (10-02-2021)

No matter how long people have been trying to do it the breaking down of 10 second glimpses at the dugout like its the Zapruder Film to determine who is acting too happy (bad) and who looks they're unhappy (good, but only when you're losing otherwise it means you're mad at management) is always ridiculous.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

17. Likes:

Ron Madden (10-02-2021)

I knew Luis Castillo didn't care that he was pitching poorly when he didn't immediately go outside the ballpark and step into moving traffic.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

19. Likes:

Chip R (10-04-2021),KeefeCato (10-03-2021),Larkin Fan (10-02-2021),mth123 (10-03-2021),Ron Madden (10-02-2021),Tom Servo (10-02-2021)

I’ve been trying to read the minds of players for five decades now and I’m still unable to do it.

I’m probably not trying hard enough

21. Likes:

Chip R (10-04-2021)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I’ve been trying to read the minds of players for five decades now and I’m still unable to do it.

I’m probably not trying hard enough
    Are you doing it right?

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

23. Likes:

Chip R (10-04-2021),cumberlandreds (10-05-2021),westofyou (10-03-2021)

I know what turned Castillo's season around. At the start when he was pitching awful he was laughing on camera. Well when he started to turn things around it is because off camera where we couldn't see him. He threw a temper tantrum. Boy did he get mad. My cousins nephew's hair dressers Aunt works for the Reds. She saw the outburst off camera.
    That and only that turned his season around. Not watching film. Not spotting his fastball. Not working on the side with Johnson. IT WAS THE OFF CAMERA TANTRUM HE THREW.

25. Likes:

Chip R (10-04-2021),cumberlandreds (10-05-2021),M2 (10-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Are you doing it right?

The feather in my hat is green, maybe that’s the issue

27. Likes:

WrongVerb (10-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    I know what turned Castillo's season around. At the start when he was pitching awful he was laughing on camera. Well when he started to turn things around it is because off camera where we couldn't see him. He threw a temper tantrum. Boy did he get mad. My cousins nephew's hair dressers Aunt works for the Reds. She saw the outburst off camera.
    That and only that turned his season around. Not watching film. Not spotting his fastball. Not working on the side with Johnson. IT WAS THE OFF CAMERA TANTRUM HE THREW.
    I heard Luis only did that because one brave man in chinos had the courage to yell at him properly.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

29. Likes:

KeefeCato (10-03-2021)

Turn Off Ads?