Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One last thread. Your favorite Reds home games you attended?

Re: One last thread. Your favorite Reds home games you attended?

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Most memorable regular season games I attended probably also a three-way tie-

May 9, 2003 Jose Guillen hit a walkoff extra innings home run to straightaway center to make a 5 game winning streak where three were epic comebacks and The Bounce was invented.

June 22, 1990 Home plate umpire Terry Tata changes his mind, first calling Eric Davis safe at a Bottom of the 9th play at the plate for the winning run and then calling him out. Reds and Lou Pinella lost their mind, and would go on to lose the game in extra innings but played the game under protest.

July 5, 1987 Ron Oester gets taken out at second base on a hard slide by Mookie Wilson and tears his ACL. I was six years old at the time and legitimately thought he died. My brother and I came hole and made and sent cards to him in the hospital. Funny to think now it was *just* a torn ACL, but it created a real impression on me.
    I was at that Oester game that looked nasty.
    Last edited by KeefeCato; 05-10-2021 at 06:06 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I was there several years ago when Jay Bruce homered 3 times. Hell of an experience.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

4. Likes:

KeefeCato (05-10-2021)

I was also at that game in which Wilson took out Oester; as I see it in my head he didn't even start his slide till he was at the bag. Is that right?

6. Likes:

KeefeCato (05-10-2021)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I've had a bunch of memorable Reds home games:

Johnny Bench night
    Pete Rose hit 4192
    Larkin hit 2 HR (went on to hit 3HR the next game, for 5HR total in 2 games)
    In 2003, (now ex-)wife and I got Diamond Club seats; saw Josh Hall make his debut, Barry Bonds hit a HR, and the Reds win
    The aforementioned Votto walk-off on Pete Rose Night (Sept. 11), 2010
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

8. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-10-2021),KeefeCato (05-10-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    I was also at that game in which Wilson took out Oester; as I see it in my head he didn't even start his slide till he was at the bag. Is that right?
    Yes that is right.

10. Likes:

HokieRed (05-11-2021)

2008 against the Indians. To the dismay of the large group of obnoxious Indian fans sitting right in front of my group of friends/Reds fans, Adam Dunn hit a walk off 3 run HR. Good times!

12. Likes:

KeefeCato (05-10-2021)

I haven't gotten to see many games in Cincy, but the most significant moment I was present for was Bench hitting his 313th home run on July 12, 1980 to tie Yogi for most all-time by an MLB catcher. He'd go on to pass Yogi 4 days later and of course has since been passed himself by Piazza and Fisk.

14. Likes:

KeefeCato (05-10-2021)

April 9, 1988

Kal Daniels hit two solo home runs and then walked it off in the ninth against Dave Smith with a two-run single (which was actually a gap shot to the wall, but he stopped at first).

16. Likes:

KeefeCato (05-10-2021)

Johnny Bench night when he hit #389

18. Likes:

KeefeCato (05-10-2021)

Turn Off Ads?