Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone affected by Gas shortage?

Re: Anyone affected by Gas shortage?

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Tell her that a $1k fuel pump is in her future.
    Sure, but luckily that's not an important part or anything. (Kidding.)
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2. Turn Off Ads?

Central Indiana- I've not filled up in two weeks so I don't know whether things are nutty here. Even if I were working at the office, it's a twenty minute walk each way, so as long as I can bike over to the Kroger to get my white bread, milk and eggs I think I'll survive the Pipocalypse.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I filled up here last night in one of our cars - some stations are out of gas, I only had to wait a few minutes but the price has gone up about .$20 a gallon in a few days.

The people who hoarded gas and put it in trash bags in their trunks need to get a free never ending cruise for the rest of their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    I filled up here last night in one of our cars - some stations are out of gas, I only had to wait a few minutes but the price has gone up about .$20 a gallon in a few days.

The people who hoarded gas and put it in trash bags in their trunks need to get a free never ending cruise for the rest of their lives.
    They need to be locked up Chinese Covid style anytime there’s an inconvenience, as to protect the rest of society from their selfish stupidity.

I’m done listening to them ramble on about shortages when they personally cause them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I've seen stories about two different gas hoarders -- one caught herself on fire, the other's car was destroyed by fire. People are dumb.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I filled up my second car (the one that had hardly any gas because I meant to fill up earlier this week when there was no run on the stations but aimlessly drove by said stations a la Homer Simpson) - tried about 5 stations and then 2 of them near me had gas at regular prices and very little wait. Weird times, but I do enjoy the stories of idiots burning things down with the gas stored in their trunks - karmas a b...ch.

I was surprised to hear that the ransom was only $5 million. They should have paid that ASAP and then instituted security policies to prevent it (now and in the future). I assumed it was a much larger amount.

I know Tesla (and I assume many other companies) hold Hackathons and reward hackers who can exploit their systems. That needs to be a standard practice.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Turn Off Ads?