Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Should we send India back to AAA?

Re: Should we send India back to AAA?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    More so I have a particular disdain for cherry picking stats to prove a point. At least India has been decent at some point this season, can't say the same for Geno.
    First six games of the year India had a 1.099 OPS. From April 9 to April 13 Suarez had a 1.134 OPS. India didn't have any better of a stretch than Suarez has had, it just happened to be the first games of the year so it reflected in his season-to-date line. In other words, you are just as guilt of cherry picking here...

2. Likes:

Moose Herd (05-12-2021),Ron Madden (05-12-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

It says exactly what I think it does, both were terrible over that period of time. My issue is that one seems to get a pass because of a handful of good seasons despite the fact he's been pretty awful since the start of last season. The other is being quickly dismissed despite an extremely small sample size.

More so I have a particular disdain for cherry picking stats to prove a point. At least India has been decent at some point this season, can't say the same for Geno. With that being said I am in no way in favor of replacing Suarez with anyone, he's been doing this long enough he needs to figure it out and adjust. I wasn't even in favor of moving him down in the order, I worry that would only mess up his mental approach more.

My problem is Kyle Farmer being in the lineup everyday. It's almost like the Votto injury allowed the Reds to finally reveal their truth, they botched the SS market this offseason and tried to sell us Suarez to SS.
    Wait? You are upset that Suarez gets a free pass but Suarez shouldn't be replaced because he's been doing this long enough he needs to figure it out and adjust? Isn't that.... a free pass?

I'm not dismissing India. I just don't see a point in him rotting on the MLB bench. Iwant him to get regular ABs in AAA

Any stat that someone doesn't like is summarily dismissed as "cherry picked" so that argument rings hollow to me

5. Likes:

Moose Herd (05-12-2021),Ron Madden (05-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    I agree getting Suarez's bat going is important but I guess I'm failing to see how an IL stint will suddenly fix it. He's not sitting on the couch, coming to games and hitting poorly. He's working through it. You said he has a terrible approach ("giving some of the worst non-pitcher ABs you have seen in watching baseball"). You don't improve your approach by hitting off a tee or taking BP. You need live pitching
    What else could they try? They’ve let him play. They gave him a day off. I figure let him clear his head a few days the. Feast in AAA to regain some confidence.

As for the other comments. I know India’s bat has grown cold. He plays better D and runs the bases better than Suarez. At least there’s some sort of positive there.
    Last edited by Old school 1983; 05-12-2021 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    First six games of the year India had a 1.099 OPS. From April 9 to April 13 Suarez had a 1.134 OPS. India didn't have any better of a stretch than Suarez has had, it just happened to be the first games of the year so it reflected in his season-to-date line. In other words, you are just as guilt of cherry picking here...
    Nice attempt but no, stating someone has been decent at some point this season isn't cherry picking, it's stating that someone has been decent at some point this season. Unless im trying to creative a broader narrative with the period of stats i'm not cherry picking.

Wait? You are upset that Suarez gets a free pass but Suarez shouldn't be replaced because he's been doing this long enough he needs to figure it out and adjust? Isn't that.... a free pass?

I'm not dismissing India. I just don't see a point in him rotting on the MLB bench. Iwant him to get regular ABs in AAA

Any stat that someone doesn't like is summarily dismissed as "cherry picked" so that argument rings hollow to me
    He gets a free pass from fans and us here on RZ as far as criticism. He deserves criticism but thats different from how the team handles him.

I want India playing everyday too, i'm fine with him in AAA

Its not cherry picking unless you are trying to make a broader point with the stats

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    .623 OPS.

And his Baseball Savant page says he’s earned it.

Honestly, I’m not seeing anything to be too excited about. Not much power, just okay contact skills, decent batting eye. He’s fun to watch, but he needs more than that to stick.
    At this point, he's trending to be Billy Hamilton minus the wheels. Send him down and hope he can get back on track; there's no point in him sitting on the major league team's bench.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

He gets a free pass from fans and us here on RZ as far as criticism. He deserves criticism but thats different from how the team handles him.

I want India playing everyday too, i'm fine with him in AAA

Its not cherry picking unless you are trying to make a broader point with the stats
    I'm certainly not giving Suarez a free pass from criticism, so I'm not sure how to have a back and forth on that topic

You've made an accusation that I'm cherry picking stats based on an assumption of a broader point. There was one point and one point alone I was making with India's stats after the first week. RedTeamGo! made an observation that India has been terrible since the first week. I wanted to see if the stats supported that observation and they did. That's all

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    What else could they try? They’ve let him play. They gave him a day off. I figure let him clear his head a few days the. Feast in AAA to regain some confidence.

As for the other comments. I know India’s bat has grown cold. He plays better D and runs the bases better than Suarez. At least there’s some sort of positive there.
    They pinch hit him on his "day off". I have advocated for 2 days off before a team day off. No pinch hitting, no defensive sub, nothing.

12. Likes:

Old school 1983 (05-12-2021)

I'm certainly not giving Suarez a free pass from criticism, so I'm not sure how to have a back and forth on that topic

You've made an accusation that I'm cherry picking stats based on an assumption of a broader point. There was one point and one point alone I was making with India's stats after the first week. RedTeamGo! made an observation that India has been terrible since the first week. I wanted to see if the stats supported that observation and they did. That's all
    Agreed. I'm probably guilty of overreacting to the thread, only because India was tossed aside by many on here only to show up in Cincinnati to start the year and start hot, and after that he's struggled and I feel like some were ready to toss him aside again. As far as Suarez goes I hope he gets back, if this team is going to win anything they'll need him to produce. He did have a big hit today!

Agreed. I'm probably guilty of overreacting to the thread, only because India was tossed aside by many on here only to show up in Cincinnati to start the year and start hot, and after that he's struggled and I feel like some were ready to toss him aside again. As far as Suarez goes I hope he gets back, if this team is going to win anything they'll need him to produce. He did have a big hit today!
    Sending a prospect who pretty clearly isn’t ready to AAA to develop more isn’t tossing someone aside. I get it, you’re a Florida fan, so you’re defending your guy. He’s just another reds prospect to the rest of us.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

15. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (05-13-2021)

Good thing they didn’t send Suarez to the IL this morning!
    What would you say.....ya do here?

17. Likes:

Moose Herd (05-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Good thing they didn’t send Suarez to the IL this morning!
    They’d still have won. But you sure got me.

I’m glad he got somewhat healthy on the AAA Pirates like I suggested.

19. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (05-12-2021)

I was surprised to learn the metrics actually like Suarez better on the bases than India

I'd send India down and brng up either Heineman or Alf. If Senzel is an IF now, they could use another CF capable outfielder. Especially one who hits right handed. Another option is for Senzel to play CF against lefty pitchers with Blandino starting at 2B. In that case, they need another back-up IF and I'd take the guy who can play SS. Alf is already 27, so no worries about turning a future star into a journeyman. Journeyman would be a successful career for him at this point. May as well let him fill a need.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

22. Likes:

MoneyInTheBank (05-13-2021)

Be nice to see Naquin/Shogo in CF with Senzel at 2B. It's better for India's development and better for the Reds offense currently.

I do demand we only refer to India as The Red Sparrow though. It's just such a 1917 kinda nickname that I love it.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Turn Off Ads?