Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Should we send India back to AAA?

Re: Should we send India back to AAA?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    And it's not like India dominated the minors, either.
    He did two things consistently at the minor league level:

1. Get on base
    2. Hit for no power
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

I really wanted to see this as bold, open-minded player evaluation, but it kind of just seems like the Reds were too embarrassed to pencil in Kyle Farmer as the opening day shortstop. I should’ve been skeptical after the Garcia debacle I guess.

If I had my way India would be at 3b and Suarez would be getting a 10 day DL vacation to figure his issues out. The team needs Suarez’s bat in a bad way and aren’t getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    If I had my way India would be at 3b and Suarez would be getting a 10 day DL vacation to figure his issues out. The team needs Suarez’s bat in a bad way and aren’t getting it.
    Why? India has been terrible since the first week.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    To put some numbers behind this...
    India, since the first week of the season:
    .109/.242/.200/.442

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    .109/.242/.200/.442
    that would qualify as terrible.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Suarez has been terrible all year.

9. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (05-12-2021)

Suarez has been terrible all year.
    Additionally, getting Suarez’s bat going is way more important to the 2021 Reds than letting India start 10-15 games at 3b while Suarez works out his issues. At least we know India will likely play solid D and run the bases well. That’s more we can say about Suarez at this point.

.109/.242/.200/.442
    Ok, lets do numbers

India since 1st week - 6 for 55 (.109), 19 Ks, 7 BB
    Suarez since 1st week - 16 for 105 (.152), 40 Ks, 6 BB

Both would qualify as terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Ok, lets do numbers

The difference is India jumped multiple levels to MLB and is a rookie and Suarez is a season veteran. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a rookie needing to go down to AAA to develop more.

Additionally, getting Suarez’s bat going is way more important to the 2021 Reds than letting India start 10-15 games at 3b while Suarez works out his issues. At least we know India will likely play solid D and run the bases well. That’s more we can say about Suarez at this point.
    Suarez's bat has started looking more alive the last few days. Not sure putting him on the IL with a phantom injury is a good idea right now.

The difference is India jumped multiple levels to MLB and is a rookie and Suarez is a season veteran. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a rookie needing to go down to AAA to develop more.
    I have no issue sending India down right now.

I agree getting Suarez's bat going is important but I guess I'm failing to see how an IL stint will suddenly fix it. He's not sitting on the couch, coming to games and hitting poorly. He's working through it. You said he has a terrible approach ("giving some of the worst non-pitcher ABs you have seen in watching baseball"). You don't improve your approach by hitting off a tee or taking BP. You need live pitching

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Ok, lets do numbers

I'm not sure this says what you think it does. Suarez has STILL been better and has a significantly higher proven ceiling. This isn't an attempt to say Suarez has been good. I just don't see the justification in replacing Suarez with India

I'm not sure this says what you think it does. Suarez has STILL been better and has a significantly higher proven ceiling. This isn't an attempt to say Suarez has been good. I just don't see the justification in replacing Suarez with India
    It says exactly what I think it does, both were terrible over that period of time. My issue is that one seems to get a pass because of a handful of good seasons despite the fact he's been pretty awful since the start of last season. The other is being quickly dismissed despite an extremely small sample size.

More so I have a particular disdain for cherry picking stats to prove a point. At least India has been decent at some point this season, can't say the same for Geno. With that being said I am in no way in favor of replacing Suarez with anyone, he's been doing this long enough he needs to figure it out and adjust. I wasn't even in favor of moving him down in the order, I worry that would only mess up his mental approach more.

My problem is Kyle Farmer being in the lineup everyday. It's almost like the Votto injury allowed the Reds to finally reveal their truth, they botched the SS market this offseason and tried to sell us Suarez to SS.
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 05-12-2021 at 02:46 PM.

Turn Off Ads?