Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Should we send India back to AAA?

Re: Should we send India back to AAA?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Wasn't at least one of his HRs to dead center, the deepest part of the park? I don't get why you're this down on the guy.
    Lol I’m not. I’m just saying there should be some perspective with it happening in Coors. It was like 2 years ago I was the one defending him against you.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Lol I’m not. I’m just saying there should be some perspective with it happening in Coors. It was like 2 years ago I was the one defending him against you.
    I have been an India skeptic based on his pre-pandemic minor league production but I do think he has chance be a solid player. I just don't get why you've ragged on him so damn much for not popping more HRs in the first few weeks.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I have been an India skeptic based on his pre-pandemic minor league production but I do think he has chance be a solid player. I just don't get why you've ragged on him so damn much for not popping more HRs in the first few weeks.
    Why must power always be HRs? It’s XBH power, which prior to Coors he had shown basically none.

Why must power always be HRs? It’s XBH power, which prior to Coors he had shown basically none.
    In what, 90 PAs? It's just nothing to get overly worried about for a rookie at this stage.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

6. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-05-2021)

In what, 90 PAs? It's just nothing to get overly worried about for a rookie at this stage.
    I’m not worried. I am talking about baseball on a baseball message board.

I’m not worried. I am talking about baseball on a baseball message board.

9. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (05-17-2021),bm1475 (05-18-2021),podgejeff_ (06-05-2021),RedTeamGo! (05-17-2021)

India's OPS bottomed out on May 12th at .616

Since then (not counting the one PA in today's ongoing game) he's slashed .316/.435/.509 with 10 walks to just 9 strikeouts and 3 HRs. He's looked even better than he did to start the season. Good on India to take advantage of the second chance with Senzel's injury.

11. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (06-06-2021),Bob Sheed (06-05-2021),Coopdaddy67 (06-05-2021),HammerTime (06-05-2021),ochoa30 (06-05-2021),OGB (06-05-2021),RedsFanInMS (06-06-2021),RedTeamGo! (06-05-2021),Ron Madden (06-05-2021),UKFlounder (06-05-2021)

India just homered again today. Will be interesting to see how this shakes out over the next month or so with Senzel still out. Things change but as of right now, India has put some distance between him and Senzel.

Will be interesting to see how they manage 3rd, 2b, CF, SS and 1b, when everyone is healthy.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Fixed (or at least changed)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    India just homered again today. Will be interesting to see how this shakes out over the next month or so with Senzel still out. Things change but as of right now, India has put some distance between him and Senzel.

Will be interesting to see how they manage 3rd, 2b, CF, SS and 1b, IF everyone is healthy.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

India's OPS bottomed out on May 12th at .616

Since then (not counting the one PA in today's ongoing game) he's slashed .316/.435/.509 with 10 walks to just 9 strikeouts and 3 HRs. He's looked even better than he did to start the season. Good on India to take advantage of the second chance with Senzel's injury.
    This post didn't age well. Another HR today with two hits.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

India is starting to look more and more like the real thing. Better at bats and adjustments than just about any hitter on the team right now. He’s definitely one of this season’s bright spots (with Winker, Cast, and the catching duo—on the offensive side).

16. Likes:

DocRed (06-06-2021),Larkin Fan (06-05-2021),Mitri (06-05-2021),REDREAD (06-15-2021),RedsFanInMS (06-06-2021),wally post (06-05-2021)

While both Stephenson and India have had their slumps I think both look like they could be above average MLB players for years to come.

18. Likes:

757690 (06-05-2021),Griffey012 (06-05-2021),Larkin Fan (06-05-2021),Mitri (06-05-2021),Old school 1983 (06-06-2021),RED VAN HOT (06-07-2021),RedsFanInMS (06-06-2021),Tom Servo (06-05-2021),wally post (06-05-2021)

Give them both the full time gig!

20. Likes:

Old school 1983 (06-06-2021)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    While both Stephenson and India have had their slumps I think both look like they could be above average MLB players for years to come.
    Jonathan India is going to make all star games. I’ve been watching him play since he was a FR at UF. I have supreme confidence in him. I was one of the few who did since he started slowly in the minors. He’s the goods.

I really like Ty as well. And we’re actually starting to stockpile some talent in the minors. Need more, clearly, especially with the fact that we all can see SenzIL is a bust.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

22. Likes:

REDREAD (06-15-2021),Rojo Rijo (06-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Jonathan India is going to make all star games. I’ve been watching him play since he was a FR at UF. I have supreme confidence in him. I was one of the few who did since he started slowly in the minors. He’s the goods.

I really like Ty as well. And we’re actually starting to stockpile some talent in the minors. Need more, clearly, especially with the fact that we all can see SenzIL is a bust.
    On that note it's early but I've been pleased with the small sample size of Vlad Gutierrez as well. He's got good stuff and the close proximity to Derek Johnson can't hurt.

24. Likes:

Old school 1983 (06-06-2021),REDREAD (06-15-2021)

Turn Off Ads?