Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Should we send India back to AAA?

Re: Should we send India back to AAA?

Reds have missed the opportunity to play games with his service time.
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Sorry but he has surpassed Senzel in my book even when Senzel gets back...

4. Likes:

malcontent (06-15-2021),REDREAD (06-15-2021),RiverfrontRed (06-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    he'll probably get hurt today now that i'm saying this, but india has been very durable so far. which is why i agree with you i would rather have him than senzel if i had to pick one. and i know we all focus on india's hitting (myself included) but i'm been very impressed with his defense at second. which, really shouldn't be a big surprise. he was a good defensive shortstop in college (not great, but good) and was considered a good defensive third baseman in the minors. it's a lot harder to play short and third than it is second. but he's still new there and i've been impressed with his D.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    India just homered again today. Will be interesting to see how this shakes out over the next month or so with Senzel still out. Things change but as of right now, India has put some distance between him and Senzel.

Will be interesting to see how they manage 3rd, 2b, CF, SS and 1b, when everyone is healthy.
    hate to point out the obvious, but even when senzel returns to the team ... we all know it's a matter of time before he gets hurt again.

Senzel will hit against LHP I imagine. I don't see how he replaces Naquin at this point. He will fill in around the infield too I would guess.

Senzel will hit against LHP I imagine. I don't see how he replaces Naquin at this point. He will fill in around the infield too I would guess.
    Using Senzel as a supersub is probably his best role. Even if he starts to hit like we thought, that's probably how I'd use him. Guys who can do that are valuable and rare. He could still play 5 days per week and the frequent time off might help keep him healthy.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

9. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (06-07-2021),REDREAD (06-15-2021),redsmetz (06-15-2021),Tom Servo (06-06-2021)

Senzel is 26 and has hit .246/.308/.396 (0.36 BB:K, .150 ISO) in 616 PA. Coming in to the season, he was projected to hit roughly .250/.320/.400.
    India is 24 and has hit .261/.367/.428 (0.55 BB:K, .167 ISO) in 166 PA. Coming in to the season, he was projected to hit roughly .240/.325/.400.

From the statistical standpoint, it's hard to argue for Senzel's bat over India's. That said, I still think you're giving Senzel most of the starts in CF when he comes back. Even if you use him as a super sub defensively, you need to be giving him regular PA to see if his bat comes around. Tyler Naquin has been a nice pickup, but he's not a part of the future. If you don't give Senzel enough run to prove himself (1 season worth of PA is not enough), he almost certainly won't be either.
    Last edited by RedsManRick; 06-06-2021 at 05:20 PM.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

11. Likes:

OGB (06-15-2021),Ron Madden (06-06-2021),Wonderful Monds (06-06-2021)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Senzel is 26 had has hit .246/.308/.396 (0.36 BB:K, .150 ISO) in 616 PA. Coming in to the season, he was projected to hit roughly .250/.320/.400.
    India is 24 and has hit .261/.367/.428 (0.55 BB:K, .167 ISO) in 166 PA. Coming in to the season, he was projected to hit roughly .240/.325/.400.

From the statistical standpoint, it's hard to argue for Senzel's bat over India's. That said, I still think you're giving Senzel most of the starts in CF when he comes back. Even if you use him as a super sub defensively, you need to be giving him regular PA to see if his bat comes around. Tyler Naquin has been a nice pickup, but he's not a part of the future. If you don't give Senzel enough run to prove himself (1 season worth of PA is not enough), he almost certainly won't be either.
    If the Reds are smart, Naquin will be playing for one of the billion contending teams in need of a corner OF by the end of the month at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    If the Reds are smart, Naquin will be playing for one of the billion contending teams in need of a corner OF by the end of the month at the latest.
    The Mets are leading the NL East, need LF/CF help, and have probably the best bullpen in the majors.

I'm sure something could be worked out with them for bullpen help.

The fact that he has withstood multiple HBP’s and not needing AFLAC is a win in my book.

Whatever happens this year, looking forward I don’t see Senzel and India competing for a spot.

Senzel will likely be in the 2022 outfield, either in CF or RF. There’s the Cast opt out, there’s a potential DH. Something will be open up out there.

The bigger issue with India is squeezing him, Suarez, Moose, and Votto in the same infield when none is a legit shortstop. Maybe the DH solves that eventually, or a trade.

Should we send India back to AAA?

Quote Originally Posted by podgejeff_ View Post
    The Mets are leading the NL East, need LF/CF help, and have probably the best bullpen in the majors.

I'm sure something could be worked out with them for bullpen help.
    Like this. Love what Naquin has brought, but if Moose and Votto come back to provide an uptick on slugging, you have to deal from a surplus and we don’t have much to give that is a known commodity.

I’m a Shogo believer in center. He just needs a shot and playing time. Using Naquin to improve the pen is a calculated risk to take. Get healthy and 2 BP arms and the Reds CAN WIN the division with this.

India
    Winker
    Castellanos
    Moose
    Votto
    Stephenson/Barnhart
    SS to be called up
    Shogo

This is where I wish the NL had adopted the DH. I don’t want Moose or Suarez dealt yet, but it provides a lot more flexibility than asking players to play out position just to get them extra AB’s.
    Last edited by SomeCallMeTim; 06-06-2021 at 07:41 PM.

17. Likes:

JFLegal (06-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCallMeTim View Post
    I’m a Shogo believer in center. He just needs a shot and playing time.
    I'm with you and we're definitely in the minority but Shogo has been mishandled. If they aren't going to play him regularly send him to Louisville to get playing time. I really like what he brought the second half of last season but he needs PT to get his stroke back. The guy is a fine leadoff hitter and gets hammered here bc his numbers aren't good right now. But a start every 2 weeks and a few PH ABs isn't going to get his stroke going.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

19. Likes:

SomeCallMeTim (06-06-2021),Stray (06-06-2021),Zimmers (06-07-2021)

Bumping this thread to say -

No.

21. Likes:

Cursh14 (06-14-2021),HammerTime (06-14-2021),JFLegal (06-15-2021),mth123 (06-14-2021),redsmetz (06-15-2021),Ron Madden (06-15-2021),Tom Servo (06-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Seems like Naquin has settled in as regular CF, and Senzel to 2B for a while. India gets no playing time. Maybe he'd bet better off getting regular at bats in AAA.
    The point of the thread was India was getting no at bats. It would have been better to send him to AAA to get them, Once Senzel got hurt, he got the playing time.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Turn Off Ads?