Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part XIII

Re: Covid-19 Epilogue

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I was kidding. That info would not have stopped me from getting the vaccine.
    But many Americans have opted to not get the vaccine and if they've previously had C19, this gives them a scientific reason not to. I hope others don't go against science and ostracize them for their decision

4. Likes:

Bob Sheed (05-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    But many Americans have opted to not get the vaccine and if they've previously had C19, this gives them a scientific reason not to. I hope others don't go against science and ostracize them for their decision
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

6. Likes:

jimbo (05-20-2021)

1208 C19 cases reported in Ohio today. Darn it. I was hoping for a week under a thousand. The hospitalizations did drop so that's good.

This article documents all kinds of reasons why it's not necessary to vaccinate kids:

https://www.aier.org/article/why-we-...-covid-beware/

38,285 is the number to beat today. Should not be a problem. Then the numbers to beat start getting pretty small. Again, would be wonderful news if we can keep beating those smaller and smaller numbers to keep the 7 day on the decline.

Mrs. goreds2 and I (both of us fully vaccinated) went to Kroger last night. I did not wear a mask. Mrs. goreds2 did. I would say 75% of the workers and customers were still wearing masks.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Mrs. goreds2 and I (both of us fully vaccinated) went to Kroger last night. I did not wear a mask. Mrs. goreds2 did. I would say 75% of the workers and customers were still wearing masks.
    Just curious, why did the Mrs decide to wear a mask?

Just curious, why did the Mrs decide to wear a mask?
    She is still a little apprehensive. She hates change (LOL). In my opinion, it is a free country so she and everyone else can decide to wear a mask or not.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    She is still a little apprehensive. She hates change (LOL). In my opinion, it is a free country so she and everyone else can decide to wear a mask or not.
    I agree with your last statement but we're not there yet. Many places still have mask mandate rules pasted on their front doors. Hopefully the CDC's announcement will cause many of those signs to be ripped down. There's still a lot of confusion. For example those signs are still up at Kroger but inside some people are wearing masks, some aren't. Most are. People don't know what the rules are from place to place

I agree with your last statement but we're not there yet. Many places still have mask mandate rules pasted on their front doors. Hopefully the CDC's announcement will cause many of those signs to be ripped down. There's still a lot of confusion. For example those signs are still up at Kroger but inside some people are wearing masks, some aren't. Most are. People don't know what the rules are from place to place
    I just went to Kroger, and they have a clearly visible sign that fully vaccinated people do not have to wear a mask. I would estimate that one out of five were still wearing one.

15. Likes:

goreds2 (05-24-2021)

Why does it make you so upset that places of business have "mask required" signs? FWIW every store I have been in over the past year has had the "mask required" sign, regardless if they police it or not.

The idea that we rip down the "mask required" signs all of a sudden means we have beaten C19 is laughable. The crazy thing is, the wearing of a mask has actually prevented the spread of other viruses this past year. Many act like they are the spawn of satan, instead of a very good tool in preventing the spread of a virus.

17. Likes:

M2 (05-24-2021),westofyou (05-21-2021)

As a vaccinated person, I just don't want to wear one anymore given that there's no reason for me to. I'm certainly not as passionate about it as SeaRay, but I definitely welcome the ability to go places and do things indoors maskless (there was never really a push on outdoor masking here). Day to day not a big deal at all, but for a place like Vegas where I'll be next week it's pretty huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    As a vaccinated person, I just don't want to wear one anymore given that there's no reason for me to. I'm certainly not as passionate about it as SeaRay, but I definitely welcome the ability to go places and do things indoors maskless (there was never really a push on outdoor masking here). Day to day not a big deal at all, but for a place like Vegas where I'll be next week it's pretty huge.
    I guess I am making a generalization here, but it my experience the ones who have been less inclined to wear a mask are the ones less inclined to get the vax.

I am fully vaccinated and still wear mine from time to time. Part of the reason I do it is out of respect to the people who are working at establishments that require the mask. I went to Kroger at lunch yesterday, don't have to wear one, put mine on out of habit more or less. Was in and out in less than 5 minutes and didn't notice a thing.

Masks will be a thing of the past, people are wearing them less and less now, but it doesn't mean the virus is a thing of the past.

20. Likes:

KittyDuran (05-25-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I guess I am making a generalization here, but it my experience the ones who have been less inclined to wear a mask are the ones less inclined to get the vax.
    Agree, but now that I'm vaccinated I really don't care what those folks do. I'd certainly prefer they get vaccinated for a number of reasons, but it no longer affects me.

22. Likes:

goreds2 (05-24-2021)

Turn Off Ads?