Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part XIII

Covid-19, Part XIII

I can't call it Covid-XIII. That'd be bad luck. Let's hope this really is the epilogue.

New health orders for Ohio:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...er/5136293001/

Pretty much, vaccinated people can do anything w/o a mask except public transportation. This is the turning point in this pandemic. I saw very few masks on adult fans at tonight's Reds game. Things will be pretty much normal for Memorial Day, let alone 4th of July.

Now when will my White Castle go back to 24 hrs on the weekend?

2. Likes:

Bob Sheed (05-17-2021),goreds2 (05-20-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Covid-19 Epilogue

From the previous thread:

IOW: "We don't know yet one way or the other" isn't "there's no evidence we'll need them."

We simply don't have enough information to make that determination yet.
    I said:

As of right now there does not appear to be a need for a booster. Of course facts may change that in the future but as of here and now, there's little need for a booster
    From Dan's source:

"We don't see the data yet that would inform a decision about whether or not booster doses are needed," said Kate O'Brien, director of the Department of Immunization, Vaccines and Biologicals at the World Health Organization (WHO).
    So for the record, I never said "there's no evidence we'll need them." That is nothing more than a strawman set up by Dan.

It appears that the WHO agrees with me in that they have not seen evidence to date that a booster is needed. That's precisely my point. I am making no predictions here. Mine was a fact based post as of today and not a speculative one.

34,904 is the 7 day average bogey today. That's a pretty low number, so it would be fantastic news if we beat that and keep the average on the decline.

Four straight days under 1000 cases for Ohio. Last Tuesday there were 1411 cases. There were 993 cases reported today. Wednesday has usually been the highest day so it might be tough to stay under 1000 tomorrow.

35,816 is today's target. Based on yesterday's numbers, we should be in good shape.

Here's some news you won't find reported on RZ until now. Did you know a lot of these reports of kids being hospitalized for C19 really aren't sick from C19? Yeah, a lot of these kids are asymptomatic for C19 but are being hospitalized for other reasons:

Researchers at the Stanford University School of Medicine analyzed COVID-19 data from Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford from May 10, 2020, to Feb. 10. During the nine-month period, 117 patients under the age of 18 either tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 at the hospital or were hospitalized for multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children, or MIS-C.

Out of the 117 children, nearly 40% of COVID-19 cases were asymptomatic, according to the study published Wednesday in the peer-reviewed journal Hospital Pediatrics. About 45% of those hospital admissions were categorized as unlikely to be caused by the virus.
    Yeah, 45% are in the hospital for things other than C19. The numbers you hear are being incredibly inflated:

“Our goal is to make sure we have accurate data on how sick children are getting,” he said. “If we rely on hospitals’ positive SARS-CoV-2 test results, we are inflating by about twofold the actual risk of hospitalization from the disease in kids.”
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ys/5073193001/

If possible do get your kids vaccinated but understand this still is not a disease that kills many kids

About 300 children have died from COVID-19 in the USA, said Dr. John Williams, chief of the division of pediatric infectious diseases at UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh.

9. Likes:

goreds2 (05-20-2021)

I don't have much hope, when I go into a tire shop to get a flat repaired and NOBODY on staff was masking. I made a comment about how great it was to be vaccinated, which was met with a "you're going to die from getting that shot. I let my employees know if they get the shot, they're not working for me. Same with masks, which are nothing but a giant hoax that makes you ill. I can't tell you how much I'm against masks!" I've since sent him an email letting me know he's lost me as a customer.

I will feel no sympathy for that owner should he contract COVID-19.

11. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-20-2021),Tony Cloninger (05-31-2021)

According to this author, people who have contracted C19 have a great deal of immunity:

The authors report previous SARS-CoV-2 infection provided a 84% risk reduction for reinfection (adjusted incidence rate ratio [aIRR] 0·159, 95% CI 0·13–0·19) and 93% risk reduction for those with symptomatic infections (aIRR 0·074, 0·06–0·10).
    So much so, they likely don't even need a vax:

The findings of the authors suggest that infection and the development of an antibody response provides protection similar to or even better than currently used SARS-CoV-2 vaccines.
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...782-0/fulltext

Oh, NOW they tell me!

Kroger just dropped the mask requirement for both customers and employees if they have been vaccinated.

15. Likes:

Boston Red (05-19-2021),Sea Ray (05-19-2021),Todd Gack (05-25-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMT View Post
    I don't have much hope, when I go into a tire shop to get a flat repaired and NOBODY on staff was masking. I made a comment about how great it was to be vaccinated, which was met with a "you're going to die from getting that shot. I let my employees know if they get the shot, they're not working for me. Same with masks, which are nothing but a giant hoax that makes you ill. I can't tell you how much I'm against masks!" I've since sent him an email letting me know he's lost me as a customer.

I will feel no sympathy for that owner should he contract COVID-19.
    My girlfriend is best friends with a girl who works at a small company of about 60 employees, and the CEO counseled everybody not to get the vaccine. She also pushed back hard on letting people work at home after they had been exposed to Covid, finally relented on that.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Four straight days under 1000 cases for Ohio. Last Tuesday there were 1411 cases. There were 993 cases reported today. Wednesday has usually been the highest day so it might be tough to stay under 1000 tomorrow.
    We made it. The number is 918 today

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...21/4893692001/

This pandemic is over

18. Likes:

goreds2 (05-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Oh, NOW they tell me!
    I'd still get the vaccines.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Seven day moving average for new cases falls below 30K for first time since June 21st, 2020.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I'd still get the vaccines.
    I was kidding. That info would not have stopped me from getting the vaccine.

22. Likes:

WrongVerb (05-20-2021)

Turn Off Ads?