Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part XIII

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Covid-19, Part XIII

The Pandemic isn't through with the UK...

Devon Heinen
    @DevonHeinen

#BREAKING
    #UK PM #BorisJohnson #COVID19 presser: Says #DeltaVariant (#B16172, first identified in India) UK is delaying fourth phase of pandemic-related reopening until July 29, except for weddings and wakes. Some other exceptions apply.

#Coronavirus
    10:28am · 14 Jun 2021
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Likes:

Sea Ray (06-14-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I think one thing this Covid response has shown us is just how far ahead the US is of other countries when it comes science, industry, supply chain management and resources.

You look at the struggles even advanced countries are having with getting and administering effective vaccines, and it's crazy how much better the US has been. Hell, if there wasn't vaccine hesitancy in this country it really would be fully over as you'd have 75% fully vaccinated with still plenty more vaccine available.

5. Likes:

BernieCarbo (06-14-2021),Sea Ray (06-14-2021)

Churchill was right, the US is like a giant boiler. Once the fire is lighted under it there is no limit to the power it can generate.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    I think one thing this Covid response has shown us is just how far ahead the US is of other countries when it comes science, industry, supply chain management and resources.

You look at the struggles even advanced countries are having with getting and administering effective vaccines, and it's crazy how much better the US has been. Hell, if there wasn't vaccine hesitancy in this country it really would be fully over as you'd have 75% fully vaccinated with still plenty more vaccine available.
    Yeah, for the past few weeks, even Walmart has a sign as you walk in saying that vaccines are available with no appointment necessary.

In Michigan I saw a sign that Meijer is paying you $10 in some form if you'll get the jab

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    The Pandemic isn't through with the UK...
    That should be the death knell for my golf trip to Scotland this August. I'd really prefer to wait until next year anyway.

10. Likes:

WrongVerb (06-14-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    In Michigan I saw a sign that Meijer is paying you $10 in some form if you'll get the jab
    ooh, nice loss leader!

It is interesting to see what these folks choose to worry about. I mean where's Dan to worry about myocarditis in kids who have received the vaccine?

https://www.tctmd.com/news/myocardit...igher-expected

If this was myocarditis in kids who had C19 he'd be all over it to be sure

It is interesting to see what these folks choose to worry about. I mean where's Dan to worry about myocarditis in kids who have received the vaccine?

https://www.tctmd.com/news/myocardit...igher-expected

If this was myocarditis in kids who had C19 he'd be all over it to be sure
    To be fair, there are people who were downplaying myocarditis in the fall who are now acting like it is a big deal since vaccines may be causing it.

To those who say the vaccine is 100% safe and nothing to fear, even this guy who is credited with inventing the mRNA vaccine, disagrees:

Regarding post-COVID genetic vaccine syndromes. I know they happen, do not know how severe or frequent. I argue for data transparency from
    @CDCGlobal

@CDCgov
    and #QALY based risk/benefit assessment. Data. Science-based Medicine. Honesty. Transparency. Bioethics. Not conspiracy.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/RWMaloneM...07517458882562

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    To be fair, there are people who were downplaying myocarditis in the fall who are now acting like it is a big deal since vaccines may be causing it.
    Exactly the same thing, but different political motivations

It was later shown that the panic over this in athletes like the Big Ten did, was overblown:

https://www.diagnosticimaging.com/vi...ously-reported

Ohio is now reporting that less than 100 C19 patients are currently on ventilators

https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/por...spitalizations

More excellent news

To those who say the vaccine is 100% safe and nothing to fear, even this guy who is credited with inventing the mRNA vaccine, disagrees:
    No one is saying they are 100% safe. There hasn't been a vaccine in history that is 100% safe, but we do now with 100% certainty that a vaccine is better than the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post

Yep. I was talking to my cousin this weekend who lives in Seattle. And he said Canada is so far behind the US in vaccination primarily because they don't have the manufacturing capabilities. I think it will go down as one of the amazing feats in this country, the ability to get as many people vaccinated as quickly as possible was rather phenomenal. As someone on the low end of the vaccination age, it was roughly one year from the time the pandemic was declared until I had my first shot in my arm.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Yep. I was talking to my cousin this weekend who lives in Seattle. And he said Canada is so far behind the US in vaccination primarily because they don't have the manufacturing capabilities. I think it will go down as one of the amazing feats in this country, the ability to get as many people vaccinated as quickly as possible was rather phenomenal. As someone on the low end of the vaccination age, it was roughly one year from the time the pandemic was declared until I had my first shot in my arm.
    Yep, when my son arrived in Germany a couple weeks ago they couldn't even believe that 16 and 17 year olds have had access to vaccines for several months now. It's really pretty amazing.

Turn Off Ads?