Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part XIII

Re: Covid-19 Epilogue

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Why does it make you so upset that places of business have "mask required" signs? FWIW every store I have been in over the past year has had the "mask required" sign, regardless if they police it or not.

The idea that we rip down the "mask required" signs all of a sudden means we have beaten C19 is laughable. The crazy thing is, the wearing of a mask has actually prevented the spread of other viruses this past year. Many act like they are the spawn of satan, instead of a very good tool in preventing the spread of a virus.
    I have NO problem with a mask required sign if a business is indeed requiring masks. If they are no longer requiring masks (as Kroger announced on nearly every news outlet) then pull the signs. What aren't you getting here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    As a vaccinated person, I just don't want to wear one anymore given that there's no reason for me to. I'm certainly not as passionate about it as SeaRay, but I definitely welcome the ability to go places and do things indoors maskless (there was never really a push on outdoor masking here). Day to day not a big deal at all, but for a place like Vegas where I'll be next week it's pretty huge.
    Just to be clear, I have no problem if Bucksfan or whoever choose to wear a mask in a store or whatever. I have no problem if a store chooses to require it. My office is a healthcare facility. We continue to require it until guidelines change. That's where I'm coming from

I guess I am making a generalization here, but it my experience the ones who have been less inclined to wear a mask are the ones less inclined to get the vax.

I am fully vaccinated and still wear mine from time to time. Part of the reason I do it is out of respect to the people who are working at establishments that require the mask. I went to Kroger at lunch yesterday, don't have to wear one, put mine on out of habit more or less. Was in and out in less than 5 minutes and didn't notice a thing.

Masks will be a thing of the past, people are wearing them less and less now, but it doesn't mean the virus is a thing of the past.
    I agree with everything you wrote here, including your generalization in the first paragraph. So what's your beef with my view? Sounds like we're on the same page

Just an observation, but I was pretty surprised at the number of masks in Dillon's today here (Kroger's brand out here). I'd say probably 60% still in masks. Perhaps it just matches up with the fact that our vaccination rate is still pretty low, but I suspect a lot of the masked are vaccinated and a lot of the unmasked are unvaccinated.

I went to a Walmart in Toledo the other day and I'd bet 80-85% of people were wearing masks. It really surprised me.

7. Likes:

goreds2 (05-24-2021)

I just went to my first high school graduation party in a very long time today (our kids and our friends are getting to that age), and if anything is going to cause another Covid spike it might just be graduation season. There were probably 100 people packed in that house. I suspect the party I was at is not out of the ordinary for this weekend.

Today's target number of cases: 25,030

Another day in the teens would sure be nice.

Ohio didn't seem to report a number yesterday. I don't know if they're dropping Sunday reporting or if this was a one time glitch

I just went to my first high school graduation party in a very long time today (our kids and our friends are getting to that age), and if anything is going to cause another Covid spike it might just be graduation season. There were probably 100 people packed in that house. I suspect the party I was at is not out of the ordinary for this weekend.
    We’ve been to 3 over the past couple weeks along with 2 couples bridal showers. My wife and I are vaccinated but can’t say the same for everyone there. And no face masks.

We’ve stayed outside for all of them.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

We were in Delaware over the weekend - the state now lets businesses make their own decisions on masking. It's like the wild wild west.

Why does it make you so upset that places of business have "mask required" signs? FWIW every store I have been in over the past year has had the "mask required" sign, regardless if they police it or not.

The idea that we rip down the "mask required" signs all of a sudden means we have beaten C19 is laughable. The crazy thing is, the wearing of a mask has actually prevented the spread of other viruses this past year. Many act like they are the spawn of satan, instead of a very good tool in preventing the spread of a virus.
    First it was pants. Then it was masks. What's next?!
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Ohio has filled in their numbers. They are now at their lowest levels since June

Sunday: 683
    Monday: 566

27,506 is today's number. First real weekday number this week. Another day in the teens is probably unrealistic, but something under 25k would be excellent progress.

I know vaccine numbers are down, but 1.75 million a day is still a lot of vaccines. And given the number already with at least one dose, every little bit of progress on vaccines is just improving on a pretty good situation at this point.

Moderna had no C19 cases in the kids down to age 12 who got both doses. Of course kids rarely get the disease anyway. Parents who want their kids vaccinated will likely have another option shortly

https://apnews.com/article/moderna-s...cbfb91f1c39a0c

27,506 is today's number. First real weekday number this week. Another day in the teens is probably unrealistic, but something under 25k would be excellent progress.

I know vaccine numbers are down, but 1.75 million a day is still a lot of vaccines. And given the number already with at least one dose, every little bit of progress on vaccines is just improving on a pretty good situation at this point.
    Why is your number so different from Jax'?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Monday - 19,866.

Turn Off Ads?