Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part XIII

Re: Covid-19 Epilogue

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Why is your number so different from Jax'?
    That’s the number from a week ago we have to be under to drop the 7 day average.

2. Likes:

Boston Red (05-25-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    That’s the number from a week ago we have to be under to drop the 7 day average.
    Got it

Love to see those death numbers keep declining, too. I see 325 nationally yesterday. It would be fantastic to not see another day over 500.

Also, apparently we go above 50% of US adults being fully vaccinated today. https://twitter.com/katierogers/stat...546656257?s=20
    Last edited by Boston Red; 05-25-2021 at 10:43 AM.

6. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (05-25-2021)

727 new C19 cases reported for Ohio today, down from 993 a week ago. These numbers are nosediving

The pandemic is over. Go out and celebrate this Memorial Day weekend

Go out and celebrate this Memorial Day weekend
    The Nevada numbers are looking pretty sweet.

9. Likes:

Sea Ray (05-25-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    The Nevada numbers are looking pretty sweet.
    Luck be a lady to you...

11. Likes:

Boston Red (05-25-2021)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Good news: Mild COVID-19 induces lasting antibody protection

https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/good...dy-protection/

That’ll definitely help with herd immunity

13. Likes:

RiverRat13 (05-26-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Good news: Mild COVID-19 induces lasting antibody protection

https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/good...dy-protection/

That’ll definitely help with herd immunity
    Absolutely WM. I posted that exact study in the political area.

With this sort of science why is the CDC still saying that people who have had C19 still should get the vaccine? That's not a recommendation based on science. The CDC nor Fauci ever include these folks in their herd immunity speeches

Absolutely WM. I posted that exact study in the political area.

With this sort of science why is the CDC still saying that people who have had C19 still should get the vaccine? That's not a recommendation based on science. The CDC nor Fauci ever include these folks in their herd immunity speeches
    I think it makes sense because it’s still unknown how natural immunity reacts to some of the variants and whatnot.

But I will say, that is something I think has become unfortunately partisan. I talked to my fairly liberal therapist I’ve mentioned before about this today, and we started doing completely unmasked sessions, but with the understanding that she’s unvaccinated and might remain so for a while since she’s already had covid and feels safe personally and from spreading it with her levels of antibodies. And I feel totally safe with that, based on this study and similar ones.

I think the vaccines are totally safe and everyone should get them, but after today, I do understand why someone with natural immunity might take their time with getting them with the perception of them being fairly uncharted territory.

16. Likes:

RiverRat13 (05-26-2021)

I think it makes sense because it’s still unknown how natural immunity reacts to some of the variants and whatnot.

But I will say, that is something I think has become unfortunately partisan. I talked to my fairly liberal therapist I’ve mentioned before about this today, and we started doing completely unmasked sessions, but with the understanding that she’s unvaccinated and might remain so for a while since she’s already had covid and feels safe personally and from spreading it with her levels of antibodies. And I feel totally safe with that, based on this study and similar ones.

I think the vaccines are totally safe and everyone should get them, but after today, I do understand why someone with natural immunity might take their time with getting them with the perception of them being fairly uncharted territory.
    The unknowns are not limited to natural immunity. There are just as many unknowns with the vaccine in regards to variants. So far both vaccinated and natural immunity has tested very well vs the variants

https://www.contagionlive.com/view/i...nizes-variants

It'd be improper to mention natural immunity uncertainty w/o also mentioning vaccinated immunity. Both natural and vaccinated immunity work the same way: to give our own immune system the ability to quickly recognize and fight off this virus. It's not surprising that both are faring the same in studies

FWIW, for those folks who are still ultra cautious over even after getting vaccinated, stop being as insane as the anti-vaxxers.

https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2021/...ctions-n392530

The unknowns are not limited to natural immunity. There are just as many unknowns with the vaccine in regards to variants. So far both vaccinated and natural immunity has tested very well vs the variants

https://www.contagionlive.com/view/i...nizes-variants

It'd be improper to mention natural immunity uncertainty w/o also mentioning vaccinated immunity. Both natural and vaccinated immunity work the same way: to give our own immune system the ability to quickly recognize and fight off this virus. It's not surprising that both are faring the same in studies
    Yeah. I just think that like, there’s a wide difference between your average vaccine hesitant and your anti-vaxxer. I think it’s reasonable to have questions or reservations about what seems like brand new technology when we’re just barely over a year into this. I think there’s quite a lot of people who don’t have nefarious intentions who are dragging their feet a bit, and we should be willing to meet them where they’re at and talk it out with them instead of just readily accusing them of being dullards or acting in bad faith.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I've been living for 40 years with a lack of fear about new technologies. I don't get why anyone would worry about that stuff.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I've been living for 40 years with a lack of fear about new technologies. I don't get why anyone would worry about that stuff.
    I mean this is something you’re injecting into your body, not a new smartphone or whatever.

To use the example of my therapist, I don’t blame a 30 year old woman who has existing immunity for taking their time after what happened with the J&J vaccine. Just kinda bothered by people acting like there’s zero nuance to this and you’re either lining up day one to get your shot or you’re an evil anti-vaxxer and there’s nothing in between.

22. Likes:

mole44 (05-26-2021),RiverRat13 (05-26-2021),Sea Ray (05-26-2021)

I mean this is something you’re injecting into your body, not a new smartphone or whatever.

To use the example of my therapist, I don’t blame a 30 year old woman who has existing immunity for taking their time after what happened with the J&J vaccine. Just kinda bothered by people acting like there’s zero nuance to this and you’re either lining up day one to get your shot or you’re an evil anti-vaxxer and there’s nothing in between.
    I love how you worded that. That's very fair and open minded

Turn Off Ads?