Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part XIII

Re: Covid-19, Part XIII

Quote Originally Posted by bing View Post
    Well, guess your looking forward to booster shots against covid and covid variants the rest of your life.
    Probably. I might skip a year here and there.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Also, does the person that'd been vaccinated and gotten covid get better protection as well? I'd think that's still the much better way to go if serious issues are down significantly.
    I can't help but think that actual best protection is having had Covid + receiving the vaccine. If both are good individually, together they must be great.

Yeah, I know things don't always work lilke that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    This was a really cool read. I know it was just about covid in South France, but the imagery included really transports the reader there.
    Agreed, but I don't why, I read it in the voice of J. Peterman from Seinfeld.

5. Likes:

Bob Sheed (07-14-2021),jimbo (07-14-2021),westofyou (07-14-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I can't help but think that actual best protection is having had Covid + receiving the vaccine. If both are good individually, together they must be great.

Yeah, I know things don't always work lilke that.
    I mean, I assume if you get covid even if you had the vaccine that you are still building covid specific antibodies. So it probably is better....right?

I mean, I assume if you get covid even if you had the vaccine that you are still building covid specific antibodies. So it probably is better....right?
    I would think so.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    The Novavax vaccine sounds really promising. Uses old technology (so that eliminates mRNA worries, even if unfounded), side effects are significantly less, and the efficacy is just as good as the mRNA vaccines. Looks like they won't apply for EUA until September, which is a shame. I'm not expecting it to solve the vaccine hesitancy problem, but I do think it may be appealing to a lot of people who have concerns about the mRNA shots. Where it really may come into play is with parents who worry about the mRNA vaccines. NovaVax should have approval for 12-17 in November.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...accine/619276/
    The issue is how it'll work against the variants. This is not promising:

https://www.fiercebiotech.com/biotec...-covid-variant

This was a really cool read. I know it was just about covid in South France, but the imagery included really transports the reader there.
    I wasn't trying for that, but I'm glad it read that way. My gf's daughters like it here so much that after a decent amount of pleading, they will be allowed to stay the rest of the summer and fly home later. I couldn't be happier for them and my son after the last year.

I did end up playing with him last night. There is kind of a stone plaza in the center of town, and we stood in the center with our guitars and soon a crowd gathered. I started out saying, "It's hard for me to imagine, but exactly 47 years ago I was standing in this very spot playing music, but I was young and handsome then. Now I'm not young anymore." A bunch of women clapped and said, "Mais toujours très beau!"

My gf and the colonel's wife were sitting on a nearby stone wall, and my gf asked her what I said, and she explained (she knew a little bit of English), and my gf said, "God, he is such a flirt! I can never leave him here alone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The issue is how it'll work against the variants. This is not promising:

https://www.fiercebiotech.com/biotec...-covid-variant
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ind...546.html%3famp

Well, guess your looking forward to booster shots against covid and covid variants the rest of your life.
    I'll take any booster offered/needed. With a smile on my face.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

12. Likes:

bing (07-15-2021),WrongVerb (07-15-2021)

This study shows a benefit for people who have had C19 to get the vaccine

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2782139

14. Likes:

Boston Red (07-15-2021)

https://abc7.com/covid-masks-los-ang...ment/10889924/

Mask mandate: New LA County health order requires face coverings indoors as COVID cases spike
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

As long as they don’t shut stuff down again. Fine. I’ll Wear the mask.

Which is worse? Getting COVID or side effect from vaccine? I'll take my chances with the side effects and take the shot.

18. Likes:

Sea Ray (07-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by zigbeenuthouse View Post
    Which is worse? Getting COVID or side effect from vaccine? I'll take my chances with the side effects and take the shot.
    I would counter with, " it depends on the person, and no one knows the long term effects of either option."

I find those who have blind faith in getting the shot to be equally disturbing as those who have blind faith in not getting the shot.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

20. Likes:

Sea Ray (07-16-2021)

I would counter with, " it depends on the person, and no one knows the long term effects of either option."

I find those who have blind faith in getting the shot to be equally disturbing as those who have blind faith in not getting the shot.
    Death is the big impact from covid. The very big drop in deaths is all you need to know. No one is out there dying of the vaccine.

Turn Off Ads?