Turn Off Ads?
Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part XIII

Re: Covid-19, Part XIII

Quote Originally Posted by Thisyear View Post
    If it was they would be pushing for them to get the vaccine or developing one that is safer for kids.
    They do recommend it for kids 12 and over, and they say they will have a vaccine for 6 months and up by mid-winter.

And what makes you think the vaccines we have now are not safe for kids? (I assume you mean 12 and over)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    They do recommend it for kids 12 and over, and they say they will have a vaccine for 6 months and up by mid-winter.

And what makes you think the vaccines we have now are not safe for kids? (I assume you mean 12 and over)
    I meant 12 and under, the kids who aren't eligible to get the vaccine now.

I meant 12 and under, the kids who aren't eligible to get the vaccine now.
    Ok, a vaccine is in the works, and it will be recommended when it's ready.

5. Likes:

Thisyear (07-18-2021)

This simply is not the case as all the numbers tell us.
    Let’s look at the numbers.

Without a surge, with the numbers we are seeing right now, this country is on pace to lose over 100,000 people to Covid from now to a year from now.

Unvaccinated people are the cause of nearly all of these deaths, since we know that vaccinated people almost never spread the virus. The spread, which results in these deaths is the direct result of people not getting vaccinated. If everyone was vaccinated, there would be almost no deaths from Covid.

Therefore, the people who are not getting vaccinated are causing over 100,000 deaths.

You are arguing that it is better that these 100,000 people die, than it is to keep those unvaccinated from restaurants, bars and travel. The unvaccinated’s right to make this decison is more valuable than the lives of the 100,000 that will die because of their decision.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

7. Likes:

WrongVerb (07-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Let’s look at the numbers.

Without a surge, with the numbers we are seeing right now, this country is on pace to lose over 100,000 people to Covid from now to a year from now.

Unvaccinated people are the cause of nearly all of these deaths, since we know that vaccinated people almost never spread the virus. The spread, which results in these deaths is the direct result of people not getting vaccinated. If everyone was vaccinated, there would be almost no deaths from Covid.

Therefore, the people who are not getting vaccinated are causing over 100,000 deaths.

You are arguing that it is better that these 100,000 people die, than it is to keep those unvaccinated from restaurants, bars and travel. The unvaccinated’s right to make this decison is more valuable than the lives of the 100,000 that will die because of their decision.
    That's exactly what I was saying. You nailed it. I am saying it can't be done or enforced. Again, the people dying are unvaccinated and most of the time it is their choice. Saying if you don't get vaccinated you are responsible for death is disingenuous. If you don't get the flu vaccine. Are you responsible for the 40000 people that die from the flu?

We didn’t and don’t accept living with polio, small pox, or the measles. We mandate that people get vaccinated against those disecases if they want to participate in society, in order to protect the entire society. It has worked. There is no reason why there shouldn’t be a similar plan with Covid.

France is doing it right now, and it has had strong results. They mandate that you are vaccinated to eat out or go to a theater, and there was a rush to get vaccinated. Obviously, there was some protests, but overall, it has been a huge success.
    There is no mandate for any American to get vaccinated against those diseases except for kids in school. What do you mean by "we mandate..."?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMT View Post
    I'm confused? I've been told the pandemic is over right here on RedsZone! I argued otherwise, but I was told, "maybe not in the world, but it's over in the United States!
    The pandemic is over for vaccinated Americans. Doesn't mean that the disease is gone

No one has the unlimited right to make any choice they want. We take away people’s choices all the time, if it’s considered in the best interest of society overall.
    People have had the choice to get vaccinated for measles and polio. Those were never mandated by the gov't

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    There is no mandate for any American to get vaccinated against those diseases except for kids in school. What do you mean by "we mandate..."?

- - - Updated - - -

The pandemic is over for vaccinated Americans. Doesn't mean that the disease is gone
    I asked the same question about mandating the older vaccines. He never provided an answer, as he tends to gloss over facts and insert his opinions as fact.

I asked the same question about mandating the older vaccines. He never provided an answer, as he tends to gloss over facts and insert his opinions as fact.
    Bull. Stop lying about me. I provided the answer to that question. I said that we didn’t need mandates back then because everyone was smart enough to get the vaccine. We didn’t have conservative news feeding them lies, scaring them not to get the vaccine.

Bull. Stop lying about me. I provided the answer to that question. I said that we didn’t need mandates back then because everyone was smart enough to get the vaccine. We didn’t have conservative news feeding them lies, scaring them not to get the vaccine.
    That is not an answer to the question. You said it was mandated. Then you changed to the above bull crap. This is called flip flopping ir as you like to say moving the goal posts.

If you don't get the flu vaccine. Are you responsible for the 40000 people that die from the flu?
    The flu vaccine is a different issue, since that vaccine is only around 40-60% effective. Nearly everyone does get the flu vaccine, but it still results in around 40K deaths a year because the vaccine isn’t fully effective.

That is not an answer to the question. You said it was mandated. Then you changed to the above bull crap. This is called flip flopping ir as you like to say moving the goal posts.
    I never said that was mandated. If I did, I was wrong.

Is your definition of nearly everyone is less than 50% because thats the percentage of people vaccinated for the flu. By your definition nearly everyone has already been vaccinated.

By comparison, 48.4% of adults 18 and older received the vaccine during the 2019-2020 flu season, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an increase of 3.1 percentage points from 2018-2019.
    https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...lu-season.aspx
    Last edited by Thisyear; 07-18-2021 at 02:53 PM.

I never said that was mandated. If I did, I was wrong.
    Then you were wrong because you clearly did as Sea Ray just quoted it.

Then you were wrong because you clearly did as Sea Ray just quoted it.
    We do mandate it now, by mandating that children get it. And if children are mandated to get it than everyone is mandated to get it, because everyone is once a child.

That quote says nothing about what was mandated when the vaccines were first discovered

Turn Off Ads?