Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Moose to IL

Re: Moose to IL

Feels like Moose means a lot to this team and lineup. Reds’ 2020-2021 record with Moustakas in the starting lineup: 39-31

2. Likes:

757690 (05-21-2021),Old school 1983 (05-21-2021),REDREAD (05-21-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    Feels like Moose means a lot to this team and lineup. Reds’ 2020-2021 record with Moustakas in the starting lineup: 39-31
    Since he’s come to Cincinnati, I’ve said it looks like a different team with him in the lineup.

5. Likes:

757690 (05-21-2021),REDREAD (05-21-2021)

Cincinnati Reds infielder Mike Moustakas tried to play through his heel injury multiple times.

After Moustakas jammed his foot into first base on Saturday against the Colorado Rockies, Moustakas lobbied Reds manager David Bell to appear in Sunday’s game. On Monday and Tuesday, Moustakas pinch-hit and played first base off the bench against the San Francisco Giants.

After further evaluation, on Thursday the Reds put Moustakas on the 10-day injured list with a right heel contusion.

“I was surprised,” Bell said. “I was positive based on the feedback I was getting from (Moustakas). I think he just wanted to play so bad. I know he was doing everything he possibly could to get back on the field, to get back in the lineup.”
    Charlie Goldsmith, Cincinnati Enquirer

Update on Mike Moustakas
    Mike Moustakas took steps forward in his recovery from a right heel contusion, but he still has yet to start running.

"He had a couple of his best days with big jumps forward in his recovery," Bell said. "He's still running in the water, but the mobility, everything's coming back. He's working again (Saturday), off (Sunday) and see him on Monday and have a better sense of when he can get back on the field in the lineup."
    Bobby Nightengale, Cincinnati Enquirer

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (05-30-2021)

that was an encouraging update. (being serious, not sarcastic, glad to hear he's progressing)
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

10. Likes:

Revering4Blue (05-30-2021)

So much for all the drama I made in this thread. But also, like, what the heck kind of heel bruise is this???

12. Likes:

kaldaniels (06-07-2021),NebraskaRed (05-30-2021),Old school 1983 (05-30-2021),Wonderful Monds (05-30-2021)

Manager David Bell said Sunday that Moustakas (heel) is about a week away from starting a rehab assignment,

Moustakas landed on the 10-day injured list May 20 with a bruised heel. The club was hoping he would be able to return after the minimum 10 days, but he's taken a bit longer to progress. Given Bell's update, the infielder should be on track to return to the Reds' lineup by mid-to-late June, assuming he doesn't hit a snag in his recovery.
    Bobby Nightengale The Cincinnati Enquirer

Reds manager David Bell said Sunday that he anticipates Nick Senzel (knee) will return from the 10-day injured list in mid-July.

The Reds will wrap up their first-half schedule July 11, so the team is presumably hopeful that Senzel will be ready to go after the All-Star break. Senzel is just over a week removed from undergoing arthroscopic surgery to clean out cartilage in his left knee.
    Charlie Goldsmith, The Cincinnati Enquirer

14. Likes:

Banshee (06-07-2021),JFLegal (06-07-2021)

that's great news about moose. last i heard he was "a ways off" or whatever they said on the TV broadcast. him starting a rehab assignment next week sounds encouraging. and we'll get votto back tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    that's great news about moose. last i heard he was "a ways off" or whatever they said on the TV broadcast. him starting a rehab assignment next week sounds encouraging. and we'll get votto back tomorrow.
    Agree, good news. Probably means Suarez back to shortstop, however.
    Last edited by Kc61; 06-07-2021 at 01:06 PM.

17. Likes:

REDREAD (06-16-2021),wlf WV (06-08-2021)

Sounds like Moose is at least 2 weeks away....not exactly the best news IMO.

19. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (06-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Sounds like Moose is at least 2 weeks away....not exactly the best news IMO.
    The Reds are ok if India keeps raking the way he has been.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Bruised heels are apparently quite the disablement.

Gonna think twice next time I feel like tap dancing.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

22. Likes:

Patrick Bateman (06-14-2021),REDREAD (06-16-2021)

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    Mike Moustakas did some running yesterday. David Bell said "that was really encouraging to hear." No timetable set yet for his return.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I wonder they mean like an Achilles bruise or something, because I’ve been clowning on this ever since half the team went down with it after the Rockies series, but I woke up yesterday with my left Achilles feeling pretty bruised and I can barely walk over the last day or so. I guess that’s what I get!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I wonder they mean like an Achilles bruise or something, because I’ve been clowning on this ever since half the team went down with it after the Rockies series, but I woke up yesterday with my left Achilles feeling pretty bruised and I can barely walk over the last day or so. I guess that’s what I get!
    I talked to David Bell about this and he said there's no timetable yet for your return.

26. Likes:

mbgrayson (06-11-2021),REDREAD (06-16-2021),SomeCallMeTim (06-17-2021),Wonderful Monds (06-10-2021)

Turn Off Ads?