Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Moose to IL

Re: Moose to IL

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    This contract is turning into quite the bust
    Moose has lived up to his contract when healthy.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Moose has lived up to his contract when healthy.
    He’s played in 28 games this year.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

This contract is turning into quite the bust
    Signing a thirty year old is a gamble, signing one who was earmarked to play a position he really shouldn't play was a reach, currently his value is obviously intangible because he's not playing enough for it to be tangible

People get hurt it happens. He has plenty of time to earn it. Some might say he is still earning that being the clear clubhouse leader.

So he’s missed about 25 games so far. If he misses all of this season, then maybe, but he still would have two more seasons to make up for that.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by Thisyear View Post
    People get hurt it happens. He has plenty of time to earn it. Some might say he is still earning that being the clear clubhouse leader.
    He hasn’t been in the clubhouse for like a month

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Yeah weird freak foot injury aside, that was still a worthy gamble by the Reds, those risks are always there with any player, the only way to avoid it is to not take any risk at all.

He does perform when he’s on the field, and has historically been a solid performer. Seems like one of our key guys in the clubhouse too. I’m still glad they signed him, I feel good about his odds of working out for the rest of his deal too. Worst case scenario he takes over 1B next year with the DH coming back and save some wear and tear on his freakishly deformed hooves.

9. Likes:

757690 (06-16-2021),Tom Servo (06-16-2021)

I don't know where you get your information from because it is not true. Show me one bit of proof. They just talked about him being there last time the Reds were in Cincinnati.

He was working out on the field ten days ago before the Philly's game.

He probably does not travel, but he's been the clubhouse for home games

12. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (06-16-2021),Ron Madden (06-16-2021),Thisyear (06-16-2021),Wonderful Monds (06-16-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Yeah weird freak foot injury aside, that was still a worthy gamble by the Reds, those risks are always there with any player, the only way to avoid it is to not take any risk at all.

He does perform when he’s on the field, and has historically been a solid performer. Seems like one of our key guys in the clubhouse too. I’m still glad they signed him, I feel good about his odds of working out for the rest of his deal too. Worst case scenario he takes over 1B next year with the DH coming back and save some wear and tear on his freakishly deformed hooves.
    I’m not knocking the guy or the reds signing him to the contract. **** happens, though.

I’m not knocking the guy or the reds signing him to the contract. **** happens, though.
    I’d be careful, I made a post goofing on the pandemic of weird foot injuries striking the team a couple weeks ago, and then I myself came down with weird foot issues of my own (or just bought the wrong pair of new running shoes or something.) It’s making me feel old as hell.

I think when they are on the road he's washing cars at Jake Sweeny... because he IS that much of a team player

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I think when they are on the road he's washing cars at Jake Sweeny... because he IS that much of a team player
    Maybe he’s the Mike in “Mike’s Car Wash”?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Maybe he’s the Mike in “Mike’s Car Wash”?
    Could be, maybe he is targeting the auto endorsement world for conquering, sort of like how Marty has made his post career life synonymous with meat products

18. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (06-16-2021)

Jim Bowden makes too much money writing for the Athletic

https://theathletic.com/2653349/2021...go-either-way/

Buyers

Milwaukee Brewers

The Brewers are built to succeed in the postseason, if they can get there. They have three top-of-the-rotation starters in Brandon Woodruff, Corbin Burnes and Freddy Peralta, and two shutdown back-of-the-bullpen relievers in Josh Hader and Devin Williams. They are an elite defensive team, when healthy, with Gold Glove winners up the middle and in the corner outfield positions. But do the Brewers have enough offense to make the playoffs? At the deadline, they should be targeting Kyle Seager of the Mariners and considering reunions with former Brewers like Jesús Aguilar of the Marlins or Mike Moustakas of the Reds. Taking on bad contracts (Seager, Moustakas) is a more realistic option for Milwaukee because it has a weak farm system and little to offer in trades.

Could go either way

Cincinnati Reds

The Reds have one of the most dynamic offenses in baseball, scoring more than 10 runs in a game more times this season than any other team. But they’re also losing money and could benefit from shedding payroll. Their play over the next six weeks will determine if they’re buyers or sellers.

Turn Off Ads?