Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2021 Reds are an embarrassment

Re: The 2021 Reds are an embarrassment

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    give me all the crow. haven't had this much fun watching reds baseball since 2012.

PS: can you imagine how many wins the reds would have right now if they didn't give away raisel iglesias for free?

The same Iglesias that one lost 12 games in a single season for the Reds? I was a huge fan, but he wasn't automatic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    You've been correct for the past two days, which is more than most of us are going to get.
    Speak for yourself. I've got a shot.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-25-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Nah it’s your best bud on here and his followers that drove him off the politics side.
    Hate to say it, but FCB was right along with some others. It is almost as if no watched them the last 26years. It was said multiple times what would happen and a bunch of people claimed no need to worry about the Cardinals, is it time yet? Same story for 26yrs and people can't say anything negative without being mocked. How we looking? I am just glad baseball kept me interested untilfootball started. Better than we normally get. FcB no one else will say it but you were 100% right and it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    FWIW, Servo is a star on this board, he’s a good guy, level headed and not near as snarky as us older guys.

I’m looking forward to meeting him myself.
    Lol. You must miss the game threads where he calls everyone morons or anyone who says anything remotely negative " he doesn't respect their opinion." I enjoy you as a poster, but this legit made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisyear View Post
    Hate to say it, but FCB was right along with some others. It is almost as if no watched them the last 26years. It was said multiple times what would happen and a bunch of people claimed no need to worry about the Cardinals, is it time yet? Same story for 26yrs and people can't say anything negative without being mocked. How we looking? I am just glad baseball kept me interested untilfootball started. Better than we normally get. FcB no one else will say it but you were 100% right and it sucks.
    I don’t understand why more people don’t see what I see. I get there will be pure homers. It’s a Reds site. But the past 26 years have happened. Nearly everyone else has been here all this time. It’s right there in front of you if you’d elect to see it.

And this bs about not liking the team or taking no joy when they are good is truly tiresome. This organization has yet to show me that their successes of the last 26 years are sustainable or not solely a product of years of favorable draft positions. I ask that they be a better franchise. You should too.

7. Likes:

DocRed (09-19-2021),OldFashionedRed (09-19-2021),REDREAD (09-19-2021),Thisyear (09-19-2021),Tommyjohn25 (09-21-2021),wlf WV (09-19-2021)

It’s sad for the players and fans, I feel taken for granted, the front office expected to lose.

Everyone saw the pitching deficits and lack of quality replacements.

This season was lost by an apathetic front office. Too many games were lost before deciding to “go for it “, and acquiring any semblance of a bullpen. A year when three rookies unexpectedly played major roles to the team. I’m tired of a front office expecting players and fans to accept losing.

As ownership, you can develop a tradition of winning or losing for a team.
    Last edited by wlf WV; 09-19-2021 at 09:16 AM.
    May the Lord bless

9. Likes:

REDREAD (09-19-2021)

They'll never be a good franchise for long under Castellini and the others. Hope they sell someday, ideally to an out-of-towner who actually wants to win.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

11. Likes:

DocRed (09-19-2021),Falls City Beer (09-19-2021),REDREAD (09-19-2021)

Lol. You must miss the game threads where he calls everyone morons or anyone who says anything remotely negative " he doesn't respect their opinion." I enjoy you as a poster, but this legit made me laugh.
    Same here. I was called nasty names in the game thread last night.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I don’t understand why more people don’t see what I see. I get there will be pure homers. It’s a Reds site. But the past 26 years have happened. Nearly everyone else has been here all this time. It’s right there in front of you if you’d elect to see it.

And this bs about not liking the team or taking no joy when they are good is truly tiresome. This organization has yet to show me that their successes of the last 26 years are sustainable or not solely a product of years of favorable draft positions. I ask that they be a better franchise. You should too.
    Well said, FCB

13. Likes:

DocRed (09-19-2021)

Who knew FCB would have such a cult following…
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

15. Likes:

DocRed (09-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by OldFashionedRed View Post
    Same here. I was called nasty names in the game thread last night.

- - - Updated - - -

Well said, FCB
    There are a lot of great posters on here, but also some not so great ones.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Who knew FCB would have such a cult following…
    To be clear i respect him because he doesn't bow down to conventional nature, he gives his honest opinions not some watered down version to appease others. I don't always like his opinions, but he calls it how he sees it. How could you not like that posting style on this board?

The game threads are the second worst thing about this site, often full of people actually acting like morons

19. Likes:

wlf WV (09-19-2021),Wonderful Monds (09-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    The game threads are the second worst thing about this site, often full of people actually acting like morons
    It isn't important enough to discuss, but there is more. I enjoy you as a poster but we can agree to disagree on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    They'll never be a good franchise for long under Castellini and the others. Hope they sell someday, ideally to an out-of-towner who actually wants to win.
    They were an good franchise until 2015 under this ownership. They wanted to win. The big problem was that the wanted to win too much, overspent for a bit at the end of that, and then overcorrected.

They clearly wanted to win in 2019 and 2020, but then came the pandemic. I think they overcorrected for that as well, but they showed they are trying to win this trade deadline, and they are still winning this season. Only 1.5 games out with two weeks to go.

It’s complicated and not as simple as saying this ownership doesn’t want to win.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

22. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-19-2021)

After all this many years, well decades to be precises, of being wrong and wrong, and wrong again, of losing his son in absurd bets, it’s nice to see FCB get something right… finally. Frustratingly, it’s about the Cardinals being good, which is painful.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I don’t agree with the thread that Reds are an “embarrassment” but I’ll post a gripe here for want of a different place.

Reds are hurt badly by lack of team speed and athleticism. I’ve watched a lot of baseball lately and it’s patently obvious. I don’t think it’s a secondary or marginal factor.

Other teams save the pitcher frequently with running, diving, leaping catches in the OF. Other teams seem to put more pressure on with aggressive baserunning. Reds seem often to get into trouble with aggressive baserunning.

Senzel’s loss was major in this respect, he’s one of the fastest guys they have. But he’s only one player.

In terms of OF defense, you can’t always see it on TV, we accept base hits falling in. But watch some of the other teams and you’ll see it.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-19-2021 at 10:11 AM.

25. Likes:

757690 (09-19-2021),mth123 (09-19-2021),REDREAD (09-19-2021),Revering4Blue (09-19-2021),Tony Cloninger (09-19-2021),westofyou (09-19-2021),wlf WV (09-19-2021)

Turn Off Ads?