Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2021 PGA Championship

Re: 2021 PGA Championship

I thought Brooks was gracious and respectful to Phil. I don't blame him for being upset about getting swarmed by that mob of fans. It was a cool scene, but I wouldn't want to be in the middle of it on a surgically repaired knee that isn't fully healthy yet. The players need to be left room to move...that scene got away from the officials on the course.

2. Likes:

DocRed (05-25-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I thought Brooks was gracious and respectful to Phil. I don't blame him for being upset about getting swarmed by that mob of fans. It was a cool scene, but I wouldn't want to be in the middle of it on a surgically repaired knee that isn't fully healthy yet. The players need to be left room to move...that scene got away from the officials on the course.
    That is not the point I am making. The only story yesterday (and today) should have been about Phil. Brooks can clear his chest/conscious in 72 hours. There just was no reason to make that a story immediately after the event. I love Brooks game, but he has a history of coming off as a d*ck.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Wow....check this video out. Koepka must really hate Bryson.

https://twitter.com/RJWinfield/statu...99787266940928

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Phil even mentioned he was freaked out by how close the crowd was.

6. Likes:

adkindo (05-25-2021),dubc47834 (05-26-2021)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Btw, Koepka needs some PR people....it just was not the time to accuse fans of hitting the knee. Sure, in a couple days, speak out if you feel it is needed, but don't take away from the moment.
    I had no issues with Brooks stating that. It wasn't like it was detracting Phil's glory from winning, and he didn't use it as an excuse for not winning. Like others have said, Phil even said it was un-nerving.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

8. Likes:

DocRed (05-26-2021)

Tom Brady
    @TomBrady

Two old guys against the young bucks @PhilMickelson. @b_dechambeau better get used to laying up because we know @AaronRodgers12 isn’t going for it.

11:08 AM · May 26, 2021
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Weird thing happened to me the last coupe of days......I started rooting for Bryson. Never been a fan of his but I think the hate is way overdone. And ya..he's still an American.

Didn't feel like starting a new thread. Got up this morning to watch the Solheim cup and WTF?? We are down 3 points and down in all 4 matches?? How the hell does that happen when we are by far the higher ranked team. Not only that but we have a huge home filed advantage with it being in Toledo and with Covid 19 travel restrictions. Very disappointing....this could be over by this afternoon sadly. USA team golf has been really bad for several years now for both the Men and Women....

US down 2 points to start singles play at the Solheim Cup. I just don't see the competitive toughness in the Women's team to overcome that deficit. Same feeling I had at the last Ryder's Cup. The fact that they lost the evening session last night despite being down in points is telling IMO. Hope I'm wrong.

Big fan of Lexi Thompson but starting her was a mistake IMO as she just hasn't had it this week and Nordqvist is the EU's most experience and toughest player plus she is in prime form coming off a Grand Slam British Open victory last month. I would have started world #1 Nelly Korda against her. You put your best against their best and let the chips fall where they may...
    Last edited by DocRed; 09-06-2021 at 01:09 PM.

Turn Off Ads?